It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 10:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.13
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 23:57
nyknicks4412 wrote:
KiwiCandidate wrote:
FlyinPenguin wrote:

Mine wasn't in the mail today; no real surprise though since mail here sucks....

How about you nyknicks4412

I got mine today. I won't tell you about it because I don't want to ruin the surprise.

^ was fun to open!

I know my USPS kinda sucks here in CA, but I didn't think FedEx would be this bad! The wait is killing me!!!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 02:26
congrats to the newly admitted people..
those who would like to join the conversation in the watsapp group..please send me your contact info...

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE: Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 19:54
For those admitted, was scholarship information contained in the gift package or did the information come separately?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 19:26
monwei82 wrote:
For those admitted, was scholarship information contained in the gift package or did the information come separately?

FINALLLY got my package! Yes scholarship info/letters were inside :)

Now, come on Consortium! :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 19:49
Are you a domestic applicant?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 19:53
thanhphong wrote:
Are you a domestic applicant?

Yes sir, but "out of state".

Current Student

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE: Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 21:15
FlyinPenguin wrote:
monwei82 wrote:

FINALLLY got my package! Yes scholarship info/letters were inside :)

Now, come on Consortium! :)

Congrats! I guess that means no scholarship for me :cry:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 17:20
guys, I just received my package from Kelly and was a bit dissapointed and confused...I've expected to receive some documents with all the conditions even if they don't give any scholarships, but I just received only 3 different pieces of paper with congrats and so on, just general stuff..did anybody received same thing? Letter says that they enclosed further information regarding their offer, but I didn't find anything exept for general information. can someone describe content of package received? I got a back
pack and 3 papers, just want to make sure that this is all :)

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 17:28
Ludlen wrote:
guys, I just received my package from Kelly and was a bit dissapointed and confused...I've expected to receive some documents with all the conditions even if they don't give any scholarships, but I just received only 3 different pieces of paper with congrats and so on, just general stuff..did anybody received same thing? Letter says that they enclosed further information regarding their offer, but I didn't find anything exept for general information. can someone describe content of package received? I got a back

I had a total of 5 papers in mine (2 info stuff [checklist of deadlines etc]; 1 congrats letter [copy of email almost]; 2 scholarship/fellowship/GA letter) also with the backpack. The admit email said that if any $$$ was going to be included it would be in that package; so I'm leaning that their isn't any. I'd suggest rereading the letters just to make sure though.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 17:46
FlyinPenguin wrote:
Ludlen wrote:

I had a total of 5 papers in mine (2 info stuff [checklist of deadlines etc]; 1 congrats letter [copy of email almost]; 2 scholarship/fellowship/GA letter) also with the backpack. The admit email said that if any $$$ was going to be included it would be in that package; so I'm leaning that their isn't any. I'd suggest rereading the letters just to make sure though.

Thanks a lot for replying back, I guess that means no scholarship for me, but at least I know now. Thanks again!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 01:22
Hello guys! I got my package (international). Thanks to Kelley for backpack. I have also some little fellowship to be reduced from my tuition.
Now, I have my question:
They offer me a little of fellowship + health together with dental plan. I already got sponsorship for full tuition and health expenses (except dental plan and doesn't cover my wife and little girl but only me).
Do you think this fellowship, at least a part of it, is convertible to a monthly stipend? Is it appropriate to request this type of conversion? (and request to cover my family for health plan in place of me, because I already have one :-D )

Thank you!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 19:08
Admitted, Applied to Round 3.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 19:09

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 09:18
Angry_Mallard wrote:

That was fast! When did you have your interview?
R3 applicants: What's your status?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 09:51
Got in too :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 12

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2015, 22:40
Mstr wrote:
Hello guys! I got my package (international). Thanks to Kelley for backpack. I have also some little fellowship to be reduced from my tuition.
Now, I have my question:
They offer me a little of fellowship + health together with dental plan. I already got sponsorship for full tuition and health expenses (except dental plan and doesn't cover my wife and little girl but only me).
Do you think this fellowship, at least a part of it, is convertible to a monthly stipend? Is it appropriate to request this type of conversion? (and request to cover my family for health plan in place of me, because I already have one :-D )

Thank you!

I assume you have your current employer sponsoring you. My understanding is this fellowship can only be adjusted against the tuition.
To the best of my knowledge, nobody who has been offered fellowship or GA is making any extra cash - all amount has been adjusted against the tuition.

Also there must be some university agreement with the insurance firm which covers the enrolled students.
Extending it to the family members may just not be feasible. But these are my thoughts, you should definitely ask the school...

I don't know if getting everything I want would make me happy, but the opposite is not working at all!!

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 12

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

In the Consulting Academy, working with clients builds invaluable expe [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2015, 06:01
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: In the Consulting Academy, working with clients builds invaluable experience

By Ellen Gartner-Phillips, MBA ‘15

Last year I was assigned to a project engagement with a local veterinary hospital. We spent the Academy Week mapping out the engagement: Meeting and building a relationship with our client, scoping the work we would be doing, laying out a project plan and timeline, and finally presenting the week’s work to the client.  It was a long process, but really set us up for success moving forward after spring break.

As a second-year student, I have the privilege of working as a Subject Matter Expert for this year’s Academy. While the first-years I am working with didn’t require a lot of guidance through their Academy Week process, it was pretty awesome to reflect back and realize how much I have learned in the short year and a half that I have been here at Kelley and with my internship at Deloitte.

The Academy Project does an excellent job of preparing students for the summer internship. For me specifically, I gained invaluable experience in the nuances of client interaction and storytelling.

Client Interaction

While my previous work involved a lot of client service, I was not familiar with formal project management and scoping.  Our client initially came to us with a list of project ideas, and we learned quickly that many of those project requests were symptoms for a more central need that should be approached first.

Figuring out how to best communicate our process, rationale, and defined scope to our client and receiving buy-in for our approach was an important takeaway for me.  Having had the client interactions we did and working with a great team, I felt much more confident going into my work last summer.

Telling a Story with Data

While the recommendations we made were supported with data supplied by our client, it was a great learning experience having to figure out how to support some of our more qualitative recommendations.

Throughout the process we received feedback from our advisors. “That sounds promising, but how do we know that’s going to work?” Having to really dig for support led us to make more refined recommendations that were in the end much more impactful for our client. There are many ways to look at data, and it is in the story that you can make an impactful and implementable solution.

I was impressed with my first-year team’s organization, thoroughness, and professionalism. I am excited to see what they will be able to deliver to their client through the course of the project.

Best of luck to this year’s Consulting Academy!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 08:53
impossible.I think maybe round
Angry_Mallard wrote:

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 15:01
Nope, not impossible. I submitted my application Mar 1. If you want to PM me I'll contact you via the admitted students FB group as proof.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2015, 11:55
How's it hanging fellas. Any new admits here.

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2015, 11:55

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31    Next  [ 611 posts ] 

Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap