Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [2]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Admitted!!! I did not receive a call, so I was kind of worried when it was late and I knew nothing. But when I received an email to check my status it was the best news!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Kudos
hugoness wrote:
Admitted!!! I did not receive a call, so I was kind of worried when it was late and I knew nothing. But when I received an email to check my status it was the best news!!

Great news hugoness! Congratulations!!

And, for anyone reading this who's nervously waiting for a decision (in future rounds), just remember that some people got their admit notice through the portal without a call!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Waitlisted as well. My top two choices were always LBS and MIT; already received an offer from LBS so I will have to seriously think about it :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
For those admitted, deposit is due by February 23rd, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Admitted through the portal, so Excited!

Does anyone know if in case we have a grant it would be indicated in the admission letter? I know people that were called were told during the conversation.

Congratulation to all of the accepted and "Mucho ánimo" to the rest, good luck with the other schools!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Waitlisted. I'll take it, better than a ding!

Congrats to all the admits!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: The Reaching Out LGBT MBA Fellowship
I am excited to announce that MIT Sloan is a partner in the new Reaching Out LGBT MBA Fellowship. In addition to a minimum $10,000 scholarship, recipients will take part in Reaching Out events, mentoring, and leadership opportunities. MIT Sloan is proud to be involved in this opportunity for our LGBT students.

MIT is committed to fostering a diverse, supportive, and collaborative environment. One of our students wrote about life at MIT Sloan as an LGBT student, describing how “Sloanies I barely knew wrote to me ‘coming out’ as allies” when she shared her story during a class. The co-presidents of the MIT Sloan LGBT Club also wrote a post detailing the support offered by the LGBT community here, from social gatherings to recruiting events. Students can also tap into a vibrant LGBT presence in Cambridge and Boston. Please feel free to contact the club if you have any questions or are visiting campus. You can also register for our LGBT Ambassadors Day on April 30th, 2015, which is a great way to connect with our community. We look forward to welcoming you on campus!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
wolby wrote:
Admitted through the portal, so Excited!

Does anyone know if in case we have a grant it would be indicated in the admission letter? I know people that were called were told during the conversation.

Congratulation to all of the accepted and "Mucho ánimo" to the rest, good luck with the other schools!

No, it seems they send a separate letter (I just got one) about any grants / fellowships; unlike other schools, it's not included in your acceptance letter. Or maybe this was just my experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
how many people were accepted without a call?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give you guys a quick post and give recognition to Stratus prep. I had a very specific career goal that I wanted to accomplish post MBA and MIT was always a dream school for me. I never thought that I could actually get into MIT given that I went to a large public university in the south and didn't have remarkable test scores or GPA. I knew I had to use an admissions consultant to give me a chance at getting into MIT and finally selected Stratus prep after several months of research. They assigned me to Salma who is probably the most educated person on the face of the earth (Stanford, MIT, and HBS degrees). Working with her was literally an amazing experience that truly helped me to focus my application. I know I probably sound like a paid marketing person but trust me when I say this, I wouldn't have a chance of getting admitted into MIT much less receive a large fellowship without working with Salma and team at Stratus prep.

If you went to an Ivy League University, had a 770 GMAT, and rowed a boat solo across the Atlantic then you probably do not need a consultant. But if you are an average Joe like myself then I can not recommend them enough. Good luck to all R2 Sloan applicants, please PM me if you want any advice. I am more than willing to help anyone else I can.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.58
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I feel like a slacker posting this in a thread of people receiving results, but i am finishing my app for round 2 and had a question. Is the MIT application form really sparse on details or am I missing a section somewhere. Most other schools have lots of little question boxes asking for details on employment and activities, but MIT only seems to ask for the name and type of wkrk for your last 2 jobs. No input for ECs. Is this the right form? Am I missing a button? I've been going through it 3 or 4 times looking for more to add and want to make sure i am not being blind or nuts.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
merper wrote:
I feel like a slacker posting this in a thread of people receiving results, but i am finishing my app for round 2 and had a question. Is the MIT application form really sparse on details or am I missing a section somewhere. Most other schools have lots of little question boxes asking for details on employment and activities, but MIT only seems to ask for the name and type of wkrk for your last 2 jobs. No input for ECs. Is this the right form? Am I missing a button? I've been going through it 3 or 4 times looking for more to add and want to make sure i am not being blind or nuts.

Nope you didn't miss anything! The MIT application form asks for far less detailed information than any of the other schools I applied to. I tried to fit my major ECs/work accomplishments in my essays/resume, and if you get invited to interview, they distinctly like behavioral question responses that include new stories not already in your application, so it can actually be helpful in that regard. Good luck!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.58
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Phew. What a relief. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to my fellow Sloanies! I got the call on Dec 17 at approx. 3pm ET.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE:Design (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats to all the admits. And, I wish waitlisted ones also see their dreams come true. I am targeting MIT Sloan, R-2, and I have just one question. In MIT Sloan's first essay (which ends with ....Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities.), how many examples you guys provided? 1? 2?

I am working on the essays all by myself and your suggestions would help me draft the essay better.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
titan31 wrote:
Congrats to all the admits. And, I wish waitlisted ones also see their dreams come true. I am targeting MIT Sloan, R-2, and I have just one question. In MIT Sloan's first essay (which ends with ....Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities.), how many examples you guys provided? 1? 2?

I am working on the essays all by myself and your suggestions would help me draft the essay better.

Thanks!

I provided 2 main examples and then 2 smaller examples in the essay. I would separate out your examples of why you are innovated and how you are well principled unless you have 1 example that really covers both very well. Also, the Adcom seems to appreciate diversity in your background so I would definitely include more than 1 example. Don't write what you feel Adcom just wants to read but what is personal and meaningful to you. Let your personality shine in your essays!

I am sure there are a lot of winning strategies so please don't think what I wrote is the correct/only path, it is simply what worked for me. Good luck, I am sure you will do great!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
UTWrestler wrote:
titan31 wrote:

Thanks!

I provided 2 main examples and then 2 smaller examples in the essay. I would separate out your examples of why you are innovated and how you are well principled unless you have 1 example that really covers both very well. Also, the Adcom seems to appreciate diversity in your background so I would definitely include more than 1 example. Don't write what you feel Adcom just wants to read but what is personal and meaningful to you. Let your personality shine in your essays!

I am sure there are a lot of winning strategies so please don't think what I wrote is the correct/only path, it is simply what worked for me. Good luck, I am sure you will do great!

everyone will be different. i used one example and listed three ways it made an impact! there is no right way in answering these questions.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts