Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.55
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Transcripts
"Transcripts of all academic work completed at the baccalaureate/undergraduate level and beyond, whether or not for credit or a degree, are required at the time your application is submitted. Grades or marks may be self-reported on our online transcript template, with official documents required upon admissions and matriculation.

Should you be admitted, you will be required to provide official transcripts of all previous academic work to verify the information provided in the template. If there are discrepancies between the self-reported academic work and official records, the offer of admission will be withdrawn. Offers of admission are not binding until academic records are verified."

What is their online transcript template? How are you guys submitting your transcript?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
orgilsed wrote:
Transcripts
"Transcripts of all academic work completed at the baccalaureate/undergraduate level and beyond, whether or not for credit or a degree, are required at the time your application is submitted. Grades or marks may be self-reported on our online transcript template, with official documents required upon admissions and matriculation.

Should you be admitted, you will be required to provide official transcripts of all previous academic work to verify the information provided in the template. If there are discrepancies between the self-reported academic work and official records, the offer of admission will be withdrawn. Offers of admission are not binding until academic records are verified."

What is their online transcript template? How are you guys submitting your transcript?

To ensure the quick processing of your application, we are no longer accepting mailed
transcripts at the time of application. Instead, please submit your transcript(s) as a scanned
document or use the excel template, found in the downloadable forms section to the left. Use
the upload feature, provided at each school listing, to submit your self-reported transcript(s).

Where can I find the Excel Template mentioned above? I cannot find the downloadable forms. Thanks in advance for the help.

https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/files/ ... _final.pdf
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Finally submitted! I just received a brief email: "Your application to the Wharton program has been successfully submitted. To check on the status of your applicaiton, check your personal activity page. If you have any questions, direct them to help@applyweb.com and please include your order-id:…."

Has anyone got any further information about interview invitation timelines or any mention about the fact that application was submitted in Round 1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Also submitted in Round 1. Best of luck everyone! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Classica wrote:
Finally submitted! I just received a brief email: "Your application to the Wharton program has been successfully submitted. To check on the status of your applicaiton, check your personal activity page. If you have any questions, direct them to help@applyweb.com and please include your order-id:…."

Has anyone got any further information about interview invitation timelines or any mention about the fact that application was submitted in Round 1?

Nada. Just that email. I am assuming after the deadline they will send something out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Classica wrote:

I received same information as yours.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Did anyone notice that in the online application, the Academic Background section asks you to list the awards won during college, and the Personal Information section again asks you to "List the most significant college, university, community and professional awards, honors or scholarships you have received."

How did you guys approach this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
ankurq7 wrote:
Did anyone notice that in the online application, the Academic Background section asks you to list the awards won during college, and the Personal Information section again asks you to "List the most significant college, university, community and professional awards, honors or scholarships you have received."

I listed College awards twice.

PS I submitted! Done all my aps. Now, the waiting game.

I would say Wharton was probably my strongest ap, Kellogg the weakest. We will see if admissions agrees.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankurq7 wrote:

This question was asked in the last webinar. You can find the link at https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... binars.cfm
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
Send PM
orgilsed wrote:
ankurq7 wrote:

This question was asked in the last webinar. You can find the link at https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... binars.cfm

Thanks for the link. If you could answer the question directly, it could save me some time :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
My application is ready, I think but I'm scared/nervous to submit.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NaijaMBAgal wrote:
My application is ready, I think but I'm scared/nervous to submit.

I understand that feeling. But go ahead and do it already. You will feel better.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)
Send PM
Naija,

We all are.

The application process is overwhelmingly stressful for the schools that we want the most. The best we all can do right now is keep our focus and do the best we can on the application.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Quick question:

The TOEFL section of the application states that "please explain this in the optional essay". This sort of makes the optional essay mandatory! Do we really need to add a note in the optional essay for this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
So I need a quick opinion! I have spent weeks perfecting my Wharton app. Those who applied may have felt the frustration of not being able to view in PDF. I used Chrome on a mac to finish the app. I hit submit and viewed the final PDF application. I felt great about everything until.....uughhh...under work experience I saw sections for "key responsibilities" that were left blank. I swear I have been in the app dozens of times and I never saw these in my browser.

That being said, should I call the school or should I bet on the strength of the rest of the application? As you know the deadline looms...it is especially frustrating since this is a top target program for me, I have a strong GMAT, experience, recommendations and extracurriculars, plus I visited the campus from 300 miles away. I really hope I didn't blow it big time!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Submitted! Ooooph.....what a relief!
Manager