GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2019, 05:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2014, 03:07
Hi,

I want to share my application journey and hopefully, this would be useful to other applicants.
Background: Indian male, 26 years, Delhi University, work exp of ~5 yrs at top 3 management consulting firm, a few months of social sector experience in Africa
Results: Admitted to Wharton (with $40K), Kellogg & INSEAD. Withdrew application after interview from London Business School and Chicago Booth. Decline from HBS/Stanford
Decision: Joining INSEAD in Jan 2015 (yes, it was VERY, VERY difficult to decline Wharton but I believe INSEAD is a better fit for me)

Application strategy:
1. Highlighting differentiating factors among the competitive Indian male category: international work experience, social sector experience, non-IT background
2. Spent a solid time researching unique aspects of each school and relevance to my career goals
3. Focused on keeping my profile "interesting": e.g not just focusing on work exp, career goals but also some hobbies, travel experience etc.
4. Provided very specific examples to highlight my skills, not high-level/generic comments
5. My academics and undergrad were not super impressive (and not from IIT), so I made it up with decent GMAT score (760)

So yeah, after ~22 essays, 6 interviews, and some time since the madness is over (applied in Round 2 of last year), I'm here to help you out with any questions.
In addition, I'm also planning to hold a webinar to answer any specific queries. Please PM me if interested. If we have enough people, that may be a more effective "Ask me anything" format.

Note that I also posted this on the "Share your application journey" forum but thought of posting it here as well, since it's relevant for Wharton folks. Hope this is within the guideline of GMATClub (I'm pretty new here)

Thanks,
Abhishek

Watch our explainer video to learn how it works
Manager
Manager
Wrapping Up Summer Travel  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2014, 15:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wrapping Up Summer Travel
Wharton alumni in Bogota

Now that we are mid-way through September, the Class of 2016 has officially started to settle in to life at Wharton. The past few weeks have been busy on campus between Pre-Term events, Convocation and ramping up for another academic year. On the admissions front, the team has been scattered around the world wrapping up summer recruitment travel and preparing for the Round 1 application deadline on October 1st.

Since June, we have visited over 20 countries around the globe, interacting with our wonderful alumni and a dynamic group of prospective candidates. Just in the last few weeks, our travels have taken us to parts of Latin America, India, the Middle East, and across the US.

Preparing for the Experience Wharton event in San Francisco

As we continue our events across the US, we are also offering opportunities to experience the Wharton classroom on the road. Our Experience Wharton events combine the admissions process with an in-classroom experience, giving you an opportunity to witness firsthand the power of the Wharton faculty. We have hosted such events in NYC, Chicago and San Francisco so far, and look forward to coming to Washington D.C., Boston, and back up to NYC in the coming weeks. To learn more about Experience Wharton opportunities or to register for one of our upcoming events, be sure to check out our website.

We hope to see more of you in the coming weeks and we look forward to welcoming many of you to campus when we kick off the visit programon September 29th!

Have a great weekend,

The MBA Admissions & Financial Aid Team

The post Wrapping Up Summer Travel appeared first on Engage with Us.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2014, 20:16
Accepted consults recently conducted webinar for Wharton applicants. For those who missed this webinar, recording is available here http://blog.accepted.com/2014/09/07/get ... available/

Good Luck!!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
B
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2014, 16:02
App submitted, now the wait!
SVP
SVP
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2014, 16:50
Run4Fun wrote:

Samo Samo
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2014, 22:55
Run4Fun wrote:

Good luck. Go grab a beer now. :)

Watch our explainer video to learn how it works
MentMo Admissions Consulting

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2014, 23:11
Free 30 minute mentoring session with a current student from HBS, Stanford GSB and Wharton and few other business schools.

We are piloting a new mentorship platform - MentMo. It is a platform for connecting MBA applicants with current students/alumni for admission mentoring.

We are offering applicants a free mentoring conversation with current students of HBS, Stanford and Wharton. We will pay the students for the conversation on your behalf. Our only ask in return would be that you complete a brief online feedback survey and provide a review on your mentor interaction.

PM us with following details and we'll schedule your free mentoring conversations soonest.

Name:
Email ID:
Gmat score:
Target schools (R1/R2):
Time Zone:
Skype ID:

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2014, 06:59
Just submitted! Glad this first step is over, onto the waiting game! Best of luck everyone
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2014, 21:23
Quick questions to all applicants out there.. How many of you are submitting the application without answering the optional essay?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2014, 21:48
Any idea how long it takes to hear back about an interview?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 21 Sep 2014, 05:58
ankurq7 wrote:
Quick questions to all applicants out there.. How many of you are submitting the application without answering the optional essay?

I'm still undecided but I really have nothing to put in it that addresses the prompt

Originally posted by NaijaMBAgal on 21 Sep 2014, 05:32.
Last edited by NaijaMBAgal on 21 Sep 2014, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 05:36
I too am unsure whether I should write the optional essay. I have the re-applicant essay too.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 06:49
NaijaMBAgal wrote:
ankurq7 wrote:

I'm still undecided but I really have nothing to put in it that addresses the prompt

Are you referring to the optional essay (400 words) about 'additional information about your candidacy' OR optional essay to explain extenuating circumstances (250 words)?

I am using both. So 3 essays in total - last essay is more like bullet points.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 06:53
KaptainK wrote:
NaijaMBAgal wrote:
ankurq7 wrote:

Are you referring to the optional essay (400 words) about 'additional information about your candidacy' OR optional essay to explain extenuating circumstances (250 words)?

I am using both. So 3 essays in total - last essay is more like bullet points.

extenuating circumstances. Maybe bullet points will work

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 14:42
Hi All - I'm a current Wharton student here to help answer questions you may have. I'm LOVING my experience at the school so far (started in May as part of the Lauder program) and wanted to give back to the GMAT Club community. Feel free to message me or post questions here and I'll try my best to give you an honest answer.

Also want to point out that I'm not associated with the admissions office or any of their activities. I won't be able to evaluate your profile, but would be happy to provide input on Wharton and my experiences so far to help you figure out where you fit.

Good luck guys!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 04:29
I am really confused on whether I should actually write the optional essay with the re-ap essay - reading three of my essays while others write one or maybe two seems rather excruciating to read. I don't want the adcom to feel that the essays keep going on and on. On the other hand, the content seems too important not to include on the essays.

Any recommendations anyone?

*tick tock tick tock*
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 05:13
LTN99 wrote:
I am really confused on whether I should actually write the optional essay with the re-ap essay - reading three of my essays while others write one or maybe two seems rather excruciating to read. I don't want the adcom to feel that the essays keep going on and on. On the other hand, the content seems too important not to include on the essays.

Any recommendations anyone?

*tick tock tick tock*

If you have something important to say - write it. If you are struggling to figure out what to put in it, forget it.
Opportunities to Visit Wharton  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 13:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Opportunities to Visit Wharton
As you are wrapping up your Round 1 applications, we wanted to highlight that our campus visit programwill start up again on Monday, September, 29th. The visit program takes place on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays throughout the academic year, and provides a wonderful opportunity for candidates to experience the Wharton community in-person. We welcome you to attend classes, tour campus, interact with students, and learn more about the admissions process.

Please note that the formal visit program will not be running October 9-10, 2014, due to Wharton’s Fall Break, but the MBA Admissions and Financial Aid Office will be open as usual during this time. The program will start back up again on Monday, October 13th.

For more information about registration and the events that are available, please check out our website.

We hope to see you on-campus soon,

The MBA Admissions & Financial Aid Team

The post Opportunities to Visit Wharton appeared first on Engage with Us.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 21:33
Hi Everyone! I'm completing my application at the moment. I'm running into some inconsistencies between the app form and the manage recommenders tab. When I was filling out the form two months ago, I selected "no" for the question if I wanted to waive my rights to view the recommendations. However, after thinking about it, I changed it to "yes". Now, what's being reflected in the main application page is still "no", however in the manage recommenders pop-up, the waive status is set to "yes". Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know what will be reflected in the print-out?

Thanks a lot :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 10:28
ynmbana wrote:
Hi Everyone! I'm completing my application at the moment. I'm running into some inconsistencies between the app form and the manage recommenders tab. When I was filling out the form two months ago, I selected "no" for the question if I wanted to waive my rights to view the recommendations. However, after thinking about it, I changed it to "yes". Now, what's being reflected in the main application page is still "no", however in the manage recommenders pop-up, the waive status is set to "yes". Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know what will be reflected in the print-out?

Thanks a lot :)

same thing happened to me. main app page says 'no' but reco manager page says 'yes'. I dont know which one will be reflected for certain. My guess would be whatever is in the main app page.

I dont think we need to worry about this at all.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 25 Sep 2014, 10:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  55    Next  [ 1093 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx