Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 16:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 16:40
So the confirmation for the interview is throwing me off a bit..

"Attire for interviews and activities is business casual"

0.o

So... no suit?

Anyone who's interviewed already in Durham able to shed some light on what's appropriate to wear?

Thanks
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 17:06
Expert's post
engebrem wrote:
So the confirmation for the interview is throwing me off a bit..

"Attire for interviews and activities is business casual"

0.o

So... no suit?

Anyone who's interviewed already in Durham able to shed some light on what's appropriate to wear?

Thanks

Read back through the R1 and R2 interview debriefs (easiest way to do that is to search for interview within this thread). You'll find that many people asked the same question.

Generally speaking, most people still end up going with a suit just because its an interview. If you show up in business casual you won't be dinged per se by the interviewer, but its more of a mental issue -- are you okay being in business casual in a room of suits? To play it safe, wear a suit. If you feel over dressed, take off the jacket.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 06:31
Does anyone has any idea if R3 interview invite gives you a better chance of being admitted? I mean I've heard some people say that it is hard to get invited in R3 but if you are invited that means they basically want you they just have to confirm that you will fit. I personally dont buy it but wanted to check whether anyone has any info.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 06:38
Expert's post
AlanSmithee wrote:
Does anyone has any idea if R3 interview invite gives you a better chance of being admitted? I mean I've heard some people say that it is hard to get invited in R3 but if you are invited that means they basically want you they just have to confirm that you will fit. I personally dont buy it but wanted to check whether anyone has any info.

If you get invited in any round that means they like you and want to see if you fit. It just may be harder to get the initial invite in R3 as they might invite fewer people

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 17:38
Hey guys--question for other matriculating students at Duke. Has anyone received their financial aid package yet? The FAQ's say to wait around a month and its been over a month since I submitted my FAFSA. I know it's rolling. Domestic student here btw.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 18:04
canada07 wrote:
Hey guys--question for other matriculating students at Duke. Has anyone received their financial aid package yet? The FAQ's say to wait around a month and its been over a month since I submitted my FAFSA. I know it's rolling. Domestic student here btw.

I emailed them last week and they said they sent the information in the beginning of April. I checked my spam folder and couldn't find anything. Going to contact them again tomorrow over the phone. I know that the Financial Aid office is updating some part of the website (I think the sequester is affecting student borrowing rates which has to be updated in ACES) but I don't have my DukeID yet (does anyone?) so I can't check using that method.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [0], given: 19

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 18:39
Expert's post
As a comfort, or discomfort. I didn't get my financial aid stuff until June/July. I remember I was traveling abroad, had to re-format the signature forms, since the country I was in didn't have "letter" size paper, and express mail it to school. Everything ended up okay, but it was a pain.

Diversity

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Awesome Level: 10++

Kudos [?]: 26 [2] , given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 19:23
This post received
KUDOS
how awesome was this BDW?? I think pretty much everyone there was sold on the school after this weekend.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 5

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 10:27
Has anyone received his or her NetID or know when we will receive these?
Manager
Manager

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 11:10
ctgmat123 wrote:

No idea. As far as I know, we aren't officially in any Duke system since all we have paid are deposits.
Manager
Manager

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 12:55
Just had my award letter emailed to me. You can email finaid-info@fuqua.duke.edu if you have questions about yours. For what it's worth, I applied for FAFSA at the beginning of January.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 14:22
jontron wrote:
Just had my award letter emailed to me. You can email finaid-info@fuqua.duke.edu if you have questions about yours. For what it's worth, I applied for FAFSA at the beginning of January.

What exactly is an award letter? Free money or just FAFSA money at a high % apr?
Manager
Manager

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 15:12
bond007 wrote:
jontron wrote:

What exactly is an award letter? Free money or just FAFSA money at a high % apr?

In my case, the latter unfortunately.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 15:44
jontron wrote:
bond007 wrote:
jontron wrote:

In my case, the latter unfortunately.

perhaps you can find a better deal on slickdeals ;) ;)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 4

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 18:39
jontron wrote:
ctgmat123 wrote:

No idea. As far as I know, we aren't officially in any Duke system since all we have paid are deposits.

Didn't get mine until late May last year.

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 19:23
Admitted students website also mentions mid-May [in the immunization section]
Quote:
While you will not receive your NetID to be able to input these forms and information online until mid-May; we highly encourage you begin the process of completing these forms now and then upload them online in mid-May directly following being issued your NetID.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [2] , given: 19

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
For those interested in consulting. McKinsey is offering a scholarship, but more importantly mentorship with McKinsey.

http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/your_ba ... cholarship

Application deadline is in May 17th.

Diversity

Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 21:33
Had my interview yesterday. It was with a current 2nd year student. Very conversational. It was supposed to last 30-45 minutes but in the end we ended up talking for almost an hour. No surprise questions but a lot of questions regarding my teamwork and leadership experience.

Basically I have very good feeling, but on previous two interviews I had bad feeling and ended up admitted so I will wait before any celebrations. :D
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 13:05
Not that much activity in R3. Does anyone knows whether Fuqua is releasing all decision on 10th of May or we could expect to hear from them on rolling basis?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 18:51
AlanSmithee wrote:
Not that much activity in R3. Does anyone knows whether Fuqua is releasing all decision on 10th of May or we could expect to hear from them on rolling basis?

Per last round, you may hear a day or 2 early, don't expect anything before that. GL!
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2013, 18:51