Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 03:29 It is currently 12 May 2024, 03:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE:Business Development (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
Kudos
majic wrote:
Hsk15 wrote:
Anyone heard anything yet?

Posted from my mobile device

Nope - I think a number of R1 people have said that we are unlikely to hear back until the last few days before the deadline...I'm envisaging some kind of TV type situation where the review committee stands around with pictures of each candidate and debates their merits before compiling their chosen 200 odd people...!

haha, right, "INSEAD's Next Top Talents" :lol:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
[quote="Hsk15"]Anyone heard anything yet?

Does anybody know, what is ~% of interviewed candidates who get an offer?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I heard/read somewhere that Insead's interviews are just to verify you are who you said you are (which made them like you). If you have not made up a story/experience, you should be fine.
Would need someone from R1 or previous years' admits to confirm that's the case though ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
vietmba wrote:
I heard/read somewhere that Insead's interviews are just to verify you are who you said you are (which made them like you). If you have not made up a story/experience, you should be fine.
Would need someone from R1 or previous years' admits to confirm that's the case though ...

Whilst I expect the conversion rate is quite high and therefore it might feel a bit like a "tick box" exercise, the interviewers do make a recommendation one way or the other. Interestingly (according to one of my interviewers) even if they recommend you, that is no guarantee the Admissions Committee will still take you / make an offer. He said the interview really is just one small part in quite a sophisticated process and they think a lot about the mix / dynamic of the group.

If you have made up a story and get found out, then I think it is fairly obvious what should happen! :p
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
JTL wrote:
vietmba wrote:

Whilst I expect the conversion rate is quite high and therefore it might feel a bit like a "tick box" exercise, the interviewers do make a recommendation one way or the other. Interestingly (according to one of my interviewers) even if they recommend you, that is no guarantee the Admissions Committee will still take you / make an offer. He said the interview really is just one small part in quite a sophisticated process and they think a lot about the mix / dynamic of the group.

If you have made up a story and get found out, then I think it is fairly obvious what should happen! :p

I read that it is about 50-50 after interview
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
JTL wrote:
vietmba wrote:

I read that it is about 50-50 after interview

As it so happens, I did quite a lot of research on the question of the conversion rate when I was invited for my interviews (ahem...). I searched several forums, talked to admitted students and also to an admissions counsultant who has a lot of experience with INSEAD. As it turns out, there are no reliable sources - or at least I did not find them. Some say 50/50, some say 80/20, others say that the interviews are just there to verify that the applicant is not completely antisocial. In short, it's really not clear what the conversion rate is.

However, for myself I have come to the conclusion that I won't worry about the conversion rate too much - for each applicant, the decision it digital (1-0) and then the overall conversion rate doesn't matter, really.

Let's hope for a 1, best of luck to all! :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
I asked my flatmate who is at INSEAD currently about the conversion rate and he also said pretty much what is said above, i.e., conversion rate is quite high unless you were digging your nose during the interview.

away from that, I'm in Europe on a backpacking trip and earlier this week I met my flatmate and a bunch of other INSEADers at Amsterdam - they were all awesome people, I had a great time and by the end of the night we were all like best friends! so they're definitely putting together a great class, and succeeding at it :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q39 V49
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
brobeedle wrote:
I asked my flatmate who is at INSEAD currently about the conversion rate and he also said pretty much what is said above, i.e., conversion rate is quite high unless you were digging your nose during the interview.

away from that, I'm in Europe on a backpacking trip and earlier this week I met my flatmate and a bunch of other INSEADers at Amsterdam - they were all awesome people, I had a great time and by the end of the night we were all like best friends! so they're definitely putting together a great class, and succeeding at it :D

Considering the number of people waitlisted, I don't think admission is a near guaranteed thing if you've been invited to interview.
I checked waitlist threads for the past few years and some have even mentioned that their interviews were very good.

Just trying to make the expectations realistic :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

Is it a good sign if adcom reaches out to you and asks for more details on my application? JS reached out to me 2 days ago.... haven't heard from her since.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi calch,

What kind of details? Related to your previous education, work, essays, tests etc. ?

calch wrote:
Hi guys,

Is it a good sign if adcom reaches out to you and asks for more details on my application? JS reached out to me 2 days ago.... haven't heard from her since.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JS asked me to elaborate on the work I was doing in France for 4 months under the "International Exposure" section. That's all.

I'm wondering if it's good that my application is being reviewed closely after my interviews, instead of it lying amid the pile. It could also be they were looking for a differentiator, which may or may not work in my favour depending on competition.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone else had adcom officer reaching out to them?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I haven't seen posts mentioning this...

calch wrote:
Has anyone else had adcom officer reaching out to them?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
calch wrote:
JS asked me to elaborate on the work I was doing in France for 4 months under the "International Exposure" section. That's all.

I'm wondering if it's good that my application is being reviewed closely after my interviews, instead of it lying amid the pile. It could also be they were looking for a differentiator, which may or may not work in my favour depending on competition.

What is your profile? I would think that this is a good thing. They are looking at your application and updating it. My husband (INSEAD alum) also got asked a few questions close to the final decision deadline. However, having said that, there is no guarantee though. Better than having no communication at all :)

This wait is a killer! (Especially since INSEAD is the ONLY school I am applying to)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q39 V49
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
calch wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

It's a good thing. Why? Because if there was anything that they did not like in your file then they would have not bothered to ask and rejected it as it was. This means that they like everything in your application and now if the information you gave is to their satisfaction, you've a high probability to get in :!:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
calch wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

I think it is a good signal. What I noticed from interviews is that they will ask you to expand on your apparent weak points in order to strengthen them (e.g. I haven't lived outside my hometown but nevertheless I have an "international" profile and I am eager to expand it and live outside after MBA so I strengthened that way to reassure them). I think they are giving you a chance to strengthen your profile in some weak area they have spotted and that maybe you haven't addressed on your application and interviews.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you all for the encouraging words!

I actually felt like giving an 'exaggerated' response which skewed in my favour then but I somehow couldnt bring myself to pen it down. So let's hope the truth works out!

I wished I could sleep all the way till Aug 7 to not experience the burning anxiety! Good luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts