Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 13:16 It is currently 08 May 2024, 13:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
speedyb09 wrote:
I am having so many problems with the app -- the Awards and Certifications were completely gone when I checked, and now that I have re-written them, the formatting is off when I look at the review application section. It also isn't saving the location for my activities. What is going on?!

I emailed the adcom... I hope it doesn't reflect poorly on me... I am just not sure what to do when the application isn't saving correctly!

I encountered the exact same issue... What's worse is, after I retyped the section (it was also completely gone for me), I clicked continue, went back, and everything had saved. Then I checked my application after submitting it, and one of the awards hadn't saved correctly! Ugh. I debated emailing the adcom, but didn't want to draw attention to it / thought nothing could be done.

Let us know when you hear back!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.3
WE:Management Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
I have had some sections of my app randomly disappear but haven't submitted yet.

For those who submitted did you dress up for the video? I was planning business casual but curious if others went all out in business formal? Thanks in advance!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
ndmaynard wrote:
I have had some sections of my app randomly disappear but haven't submitted yet.

For those who submitted did you dress up for the video? I was planning business casual but curious if others went all out in business formal? Thanks in advance!

I went casual and wore a nice cardigan over my top (only recorded the upper half of my body). I figure the video is about getting to know you personally, so I didn't go business casual / formal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I am having some issues with the application too...
I did some edits on the fields such as "awards and certifications," "international experiences." However, those contents were repeated twice in the "preview of application proof." I even tried to delete all of them and re-type these information. But it didn't work.

Did anyone have the same issue?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
wwwang1986 wrote:
I did some edits on the fields such as "awards and certifications," "international experiences." However, those contents were repeated twice in the "preview of application proof." I even tried to delete all of them and re-type these information. But it didn't work.

This is the exact issue I had. One of my awards had duplicate sentences. Really annoying as the preview was fine before I submitted it. I didn't notice any issues with the international experiences, though. Some of my responses cut off in the preview but I figured that it just didn't display everything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
missxmelon wrote:
wwwang1986 wrote:

This is the exact issue I had. One of my awards had duplicate sentences. Really annoying as the preview was fine before I submitted it. I didn't notice any issues with the international experiences, though. Some of my responses cut off in the preview but I figured that it just didn't display everything.

So you just left the duplicated sentences there? I tried to remove all of them and preview again, and then it looked fine with the pre-edited contents....
I have sent an email to the admissions.... hope they could reply me back soon with solutions...
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
wwwang1986 wrote:

So you just left the duplicated sentences there? I tried to remove all of them and preview again, and then it looked fine with the pre-edited contents....
I have sent an email to the admissions.... hope they could reply me back soon with solutions...

No...

I said that when I previewed my application prior to submission, everything looked fine. Then after I submitted it, I looked at the application, and the duplicate sentences were there. I would not have knowingly submitted my application with errors.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys! Just had an interview with an alumni today. So I want to share some experiences with you guys.

It was nice. The alumni was very friendly and we spent over an hour for an interview. She asked my mostly about my past experience base on what was on my resume. So for me , I think you should really prepare what you have written in Resume and must be ready to explain anything. The rest was normal like Why Kellogg and why an MBA now because I just changed my job.

Overall, it was a very nice experience and I got some very good information about Kellogg from her.

Good luck for all you guys who will have an interview soon. :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
alomo wrote:
Hi Guys! Just had an interview with an alumni today. So I want to share some experiences with you guys.

It was nice. The alumni was very friendly and we spent over an hour for an interview. She asked my mostly about my past experience base on what was on my resume. So for me , I think you should really prepare what you have written in Resume and must be ready to explain anything. The rest was normal like Why Kellogg and why an MBA now because I just changed my job.

Overall, it was a very nice experience and I got some very good information about Kellogg from her.

Thanks for sharing your experience. When did you submit your application, and when did you hear back about scheduling your interview?

Edit:

Just answered my own questions by looking back in this thread. You submitted September 19th and heard back on October 4th, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I am not able to locate where exactly the resume needs to be uploaded in the application. Can anyone please help and let me know under which tab is the resume/CV needs to be uploaded? Thanks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
anupamisrich wrote:
I am not able to locate where exactly the resume needs to be uploaded in the application. Can anyone please help and let me know under which tab is the resume/CV needs to be uploaded? Thanks.

In the "Employer" section, there is a link to upload your resume.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Does the Kellogg application let you submit without uploading a resume? I had a quick moment of panic after submitting since I couldn't remember where I uploaded my resume and it doesn't show on the checklist, but then I figured that it would have not let me submit without it. Does this sound accurate or should I email to check?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
missxmelon wrote:
I just submitted my application for Round 1, so I thought I'd post about my overall experience.

As I was doing a final check of all the sections, I was shocked to find the awards / certifications page blank! I had typed up descriptions for six awards eons ago and knew the page had saved. Like everyone else I'm sure, I've done check after check of each page and never found any issues. I have no idea how they were erased. There's no way I clicked delete next to each description or went into each box, highlighted everything, and pressed delete. In any case, I'm glad I did a final review. It wasn't too much of a hassle re-typing the descriptions... and thankfully all of the other pages (including the more verbose ones) were fine.

In hindsight, I should have copied and pasted each short answer / description into a MS Word document for safe-keeping. :(

Now onto the video essay, which users seem to be quite shy about sharing. :)

To prepare, I searched the internet in length to see if anyone had posted their questions. I only found two: "What is one thing you've always wanted to try?" and "What is one piece of technology you can't live without?". I needed more to practice with, though, so I searched the internet for random personal questions. I ended up picking a few from this site (I'm sure there are other resources out there, too): https://www.dwanollah.com/blather/082006/

For each question, I typed out an outline of points I wanted to hit. Then, I recorded myself on my computer and watched each video afterwards to dissect my areas of improvement. (My goodness you really get to know your flaws...) Once I got the right tone down, I started to time myself. After I picked a question, I gave myself a minute to prepare my response. (You actually get 90 seconds, but I wanted to be prepared in case I somehow lost a few seconds.) Then I immediately started recording. It was a more realistic environment making myself perform under pressure.

So, how did my preparation help me for the real deal?

My first question was: "What is the most interesting course you took in university?"

I felt as if I had ample time to come up with talking points (like as if I had an extra 30 seconds... ;)). When the actual recording began, though, I totally choked and had to discard the video. It's tough remembering all the classes you took in university, much less the details about those classes!

(It was my first try, okay?! Call it stage fright. :oops: )

The second question, unfortunately, completely caught me off guard: "If you could meet anyone (living or dead), who would it be and why?"

My mind raced through historical figures, athletes, musicians, but ultimately I didn't have enough substance to talk about any one person. To be honest, I didn't feel strongly about this question, though I know it probably resonates with some people. So I made a tough decision... to discard this one, too.

Dun dun dun... I was resigned to my third and final question. My heart was beating so fast; the pressure was on.

"What is your most treasured possession and why?"

:shock: OMG. I struck gold. This was a question I had prepared for already! I just used the 90 seconds to go over my points again and calm myself down. Then I recorded my best video yet. :-D :-D

So in conclusion, preparation for the video essay definitely helps. :P

Oh, and once you click "Submit Application," there's no going back. I mean nothing prompts you to ask if you're sure or to ask you to sign anything. There's no preview of your application. Your application is just...submitted, and then you pay. So be sure to do a final check before you click submit! There's also no way to see your application after you've submitted it. I guess that's so no one bothers the Adcom about changing anything in their application. It certainly forces you to stop poring over your already-submitted-and-unchangeable application!

Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!

Hey, thanks for sharing this. I'm a little nervous about the video interview. Just how much did you practice...how many questions? how many days?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
xinga wrote:
Hey, thanks for sharing this. I'm a little nervous about the video interview. Just how much did you practice...how many questions? how many days?

I probably recorded myself seven or eight times, timing myself three of those times. I practiced answering five or six questions. After awhile, you'll get tired of practicing and just want to get it over with. I was nervous, too, so don't worry. Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
SMA1206 wrote:
Does the Kellogg application let you submit without uploading a resume? I had a quick moment of panic after submitting since I couldn't remember where I uploaded my resume and it doesn't show on the checklist, but then I figured that it would have not let me submit without it. Does this sound accurate or should I email to check?

I'm not sure. You might want to set up another account under a different email and click on the "Review" link and see if the application tells you that your resume is missing.

I actually just tried to check for you, but the application website for Kellogg seems to be down now, at least for me.

Edit: Website came back up and I just removed my resume and hit "Review". I got the following message:

Section Required Field or Error
Employer Missing resume.

So it looks like you can't submit without a resume.

Whew!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
missxmelon wrote:
alomo wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. When did you submit your application, and when did you hear back about scheduling your interview?

Edit:

Just answered my own questions by looking back in this thread. You submitted September 19th and heard back on October 4th, right?

I submitted on 18 Sep for an off-campus interview and got invitation on 4th Oct.

:) Good luck on your interview :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
What should we wear for the video essay?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts