Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V49
GPA: 3.92
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V43
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
brendxn wrote:
kamuikaren wrote:
How do people find roommate/ housing in LA? Is there a forum for people to discuss housing options/ finding roommates?

I believe there is a section for this on the admitted students website. I saw it referenced in the binder but haven't actually visited the site yet.

There's indeed one, like a forum under the new admitted welcome page. Probably the best bet for you to find a roomy if you want to live with a classmate
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Very good mate
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys..I am round 2 admit from India. Has any international admit received the binder?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.74
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello, Round 3 applicant here and I just received an email from Marshall regarding financial aid deadlines. Does anyone know if this is a formality for all applicants? I don't want to start celebrating prematurely!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
CaliforniaIllini wrote:
Hello, Round 3 applicant here and I just received an email from Marshall regarding financial aid deadlines. Does anyone know if this is a formality for all applicants? I don't want to start celebrating prematurely!!!

Sorry for the delayed response, CaliforniaIllini but it looks like this was a generic email blast to everyone on Marshall's distribution list (I received it as well). Good luck in round 3!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Looking forward to Admit Weekend starting tomorrow. Hope to meet a few of you fellow GCer's out there!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
So when is the next wave of admits going out?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyways, I am a 3rd round applicant for Marshall and I have not heard ANY update since submitting my application on 3/12 (besides standard financial aid stuff). Is it safe to assume that I have been dinged? No phone calls, no emails, nothing... I have sent an email the adcom and here is their reply,

"Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your email. We have sent our first wave of interview invitations. However, we continue to review applications and a candidate can be invited at any time in the process until a final decision is rendered.

Decision notifications will be posted to your application beginning May 17th."

The only login that works for me is the application login and it just says my application has been successfully submitted...

Any help or insight is very much appreciated

edit: also, I noticed that no applicants have been officially "dinged", they are at worst, waitlisted... why is Marshall jerking us around...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V43
Send PM
Just stay patient and there will likely be some movement soon. The deposit deadline for round 2 accepted applicants was yesterday. As many people like myself choose not to pay the deposit spots will continue to open up for people in round 3. I also received a 50% fellowship, so hopefully that gets passed on to someone else as well.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anthonys2r wrote:
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyways, I am a 3rd round applicant for Marshall and I have not heard ANY update since submitting my application on 3/12 (besides standard financial aid stuff). Is it safe to assume that I have been dinged? No phone calls, no emails, nothing... I have sent an email the adcom and here is their reply,

"Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your email. We have sent our first wave of interview invitations. However, we continue to review applications and a candidate can be invited at any time in the process until a final decision is rendered.

Decision notifications will be posted to your application beginning May 17th."

The only login that works for me is the application login and it just says my application has been successfully submitted...

Any help or insight is very much appreciated

edit: also, I noticed that no applicants have been officially "dinged", they are at worst, waitlisted... why is Marshall jerking us around...

I definitely wouldn't interpret this as a ding. Marshall has a unique admissions process and the final round (3) will be the least predictable of all as they round out the class. While most applicants are invited to interview and rendered decisions on the published dates, others have been invited to interview just days before the decision date and some have even been interviewed and accepted on the same day.

There's no telling what the admissions department is going to do this late in the game so your best bet is to relax, sit back and think positive. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Send PM
Hi

This is Siddharth, wanted to know whether there is any harm in taking a retake of the GMAT , Does Marshall take the best score.

Thanks and regards,
Siddharth
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those that were invited to interview in any round, how many of you were offered a place/accepted versus how many were dinged or waitlisted?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
siddharth86 wrote:
Hi

This is Siddharth, wanted to know whether there is any harm in taking a retake of the GMAT , Does Marshall take the best score.

Thanks and regards,
Siddharth

Siddharth - Like most schools, Marshall only considers your best GMAT score so if you feel you can do better than a previous score, it is generally a good idea to retake the exam. Some people even suggest that multiple GMAT attempts show determination... Regardless, there is no harm in retaking the GMAT in order to boost your score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jam3sb0nd wrote:
For those that were invited to interview in any round, how many of you were offered a place/accepted versus how many were dinged or waitlisted?

007 - Your best bet will be to take a look at the applicant tracking stats on the first page of this thread (marshall-2013-usc-calling-all-applicants-140155.html).

Keep in mind that these stats are purely based on user-reported data. There are quite a few candidates with an "Unknown Final Decision" who reported submitting an application but did not update their profile on this site since. Also, based on the nature of this forum, users are much more inclined to report exciting news such as interview invites or acceptances than the alternatives. This should give you an idea on how this data should be interpreted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there a website or link someone can provide me where it shows the status of an application? I do not mean the application submission link (where you do the actual application) but a page or portal with an applicants admissions status.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
APEX wrote:
anthonys2r wrote:
Is there a website or link someone can provide me where it shows the status of an application? I do not mean the application submission link (where you do the actual application) but a page or portal with an applicants admissions status.

I believe you are referring to the same page. The online application portal where you submit your application and view your application status is the same system that displays your admission status.

This is what the home page looks like (after you log in) when a decision has been rendered:

Ahh thank you. As expected, mine has YET to change from the date I submitted it (3/12). Disappointed in the lack of communication and efficiency on a program wanting to return to top tier status.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anthonys2r wrote:
APEX wrote:
anthonys2r wrote:

I believe you are referring to the same page. The online application portal where you submit your application and view your application status is the same system that displays your admission status.

This is what the home page looks like (after you log in) when a decision has been rendered:

Ahh thank you. As expected, mine has YET to change from the date I submitted it (3/12). Disappointed in the lack of communication and efficiency on a program wanting to return to top tier status.

All admission actions have been taken on or before the dates posted on the Marshall website this application season. Marshall has been very good about playing it by the book, following their published schedule and not playing games. Can't ask for much more than this to keep applicant anxiety at bay.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts