Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:19 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hello, I just got email from Marshall, giving me the username and password for My Marshall website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Just got an email from Sylvia asking if I could interview on one of the Saturdays instead of my original weekday request. Seems like they're working pretty late into the night!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rosamsonro wrote:
jubywang wrote:
looorraiiiine wrote:
Has anyone heard back from Sylvia confirming their interview slot? I'll be coming from the east coast so I'd like to book my ticket asap... Good luck to everyone!

please update us when you do get a reponse from her!

I emailed with my availability and then called to try to confirm. She said she'd get through them as quickly as possible and to hang tight. I'm also coming in from the east coast so I'd love to get it scheduled ASAP. Please let us know if you hear back.

Hey everyone,
I got an email from Sylvia overnight (1:16am EST) saying they're working hard to accommodate everyone's preferences and to hang tight. She was hopeful to have a finalized schedule sometime next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone,
I got an email from Sylvia overnight (1:16am EST) saying they're working hard to accommodate everyone's preferences and to hang tight. She was hopeful to have a finalized schedule sometime next week.[/quote]

looooraiiiine,
Thanks for the update. Did you have to send her another email asking for an update or did this update come unprompted?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rosamsonro wrote:
Hey everyone,
I got an email from Sylvia overnight (1:16am EST) saying they're working hard to accommodate everyone's preferences and to hang tight. She was hopeful to have a finalized schedule sometime next week.

looooraiiiine,
Thanks for the update. Did you have to send her another email asking for an update or did this update come unprompted?

Thanks.[/quote]

It was unprompted.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
Accepted for an interview R2. I am also participating in a class visit after my interview. Has anyone else participated in one of these at Marshall? Would love to hear what class they invited you too and what the experience was like.

R2 interviews started this past Tuesday so good luck to everyone who has already completed!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
anisurange wrote:
APEX wrote:
anisurange wrote:

Got my binder on 9th. Still no info about the welcome website. If I am not wrong, somewhere in the binder it is written that we'll get the credentials within one month of receiving the binder, so Feb end March should be the tentative date.

I believe the binder says "approximately one week" after receiving the binder we should receive an email with the URL and login info. I gave the MBA program office a call yesterday and the faculty member told me there was a technical issue with the site. He said that it should be up and running my the end of next week so we should receive an email then.

Yes, you are right. It is one week, I misread. And thanks for the update!

I got an email with all the log-in information. Hope you got yours already. If not, its not too far away now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
slugabedd wrote:
anisurange wrote:
APEX wrote:
I believe the binder says "approximately one week" after receiving the binder we should receive an email with the URL and login info. I gave the MBA program office a call yesterday and the faculty member told me there was a technical issue with the site. He said that it should be up and running my the end of next week so we should receive an email then.

Yes, you are right. It is one week, I misread. And thanks for the update!

I got an email with all the log-in information. Hope you got yours already. If not, its not too far away now.

Yep, got the email with login credentials last week. There are some minor functionality issues with the site but overall, it looks like a great resource.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Accounting
Send PM
Congrats!Jonathan!
I'm thinking of an on campus interview with class visits as well. But wondering variety of choices if I go for a Sat interview( can't stay too long).

Jonathan54 wrote:
Accepted for an interview R2. I am also participating in a class visit after my interview. Has anyone else participated in one of these at Marshall? Would love to hear what class they invited you too and what the experience was like.

R2 interviews started this past Tuesday so good luck to everyone who has already completed!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
APEX wrote:
slugabedd wrote:

Yep, got the email with login credentials last week. There are some minor functionality issues with the site but overall, it looks like a great resource.

Yes got my login info as well. the site looks good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V49
GPA: 3.92
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Who did you talk to to get your class visit scheduled? I'm doing an interview at the end of next week and would like to set one up.

On a different note - are there any cheap hotels that I can stay in and still get easy access to the metro to get to and from my interview? I'm hoping the avoid having to rent a car.

Jonathan54 wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
cwary wrote:
Who did you talk to to get your class visit scheduled? I'm doing an interview at the end of next week and would like to set one up.

On a different note - are there any cheap hotels that I can stay in and still get easy access to the metro to get to and from my interview? I'm hoping the avoid having to rent a car.

Jonathan54 wrote:

You can set up a class visit / info session through the Ambassador program (https://www.marshall.usc.edu/mba/admissions/visit). Since you are interviewing later this week, I would give the admission department a call and ask them how you should go about setting up a last-minute visit with an Ambassador. PM me for more info.

As for hotels near campus, I would check availability at the Radisson (3540 South Figueroa Street, L.A. 90007) or Vegabond Inn (3101 South Figueroa Street, L.A. 90007). Both are a bit on the pricey side but are right across the street from campus. You will however, have to get a taxi from the airport.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email from USC with the the interview schedule/details ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
R1 international admits, did anyone get any kind of grants this year? In my country, all the R1 admits were granted no scholarships, which is quite unusual compared with the situation in last year. Some guys here would seriously consider attending if there is any kind of grants, but now it would make less sense to attend w/o grants while giving up another higher ranked program...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Indian applicant and I got 50% off tuition.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Zynga wrote:
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email from USC with the the interview schedule/details ?

yes, i have rec'd my confirm.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
mrzod wrote:
Zynga wrote:

yes, i have rec'd my confirm.

Zynga,
I sent a followup email and got my interview scheduled.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts