Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Olin St.Louis Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
NoDing wrote:
Tooswolle wrote:
Anyone else deciding to commit to Olin?

So after lots of deliberations and conversations, have decided to enroll at Olin! Quite happy that the confusion is finally over!

Tooswolle have you enrolled already?

Posted from my mobile device

Hey congrats on your decision to join Olin. I've already sent my transcript, test scores, and first deposit. I'll probably make the last one after admit weekend. Hopefully we get some more action here and start meeting future classmates.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Tooswolle wrote:
NoDing wrote:
Tooswolle wrote:
Anyone else deciding to commit to Olin?

So after lots of deliberations and conversations, have decided to enroll at Olin! Quite happy that the confusion is finally over!

Tooswolle have you enrolled already?

Hey congrats on your decision to join Olin. I've already sent my transcript, test scores, and first deposit. I'll probably make the last one after admit weekend. Hopefully we get some more action here and start meeting future classmates.

Oh that's awesome and congrats to you too! Do let me know how the admit weekend goes, I wish I was able to visit then.
And I think the round 2 decisions will be out soon, so yes hopefully we get to meet more of our future classmates!

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Excited to head to St Louis this Fall?? this is my first admit and i could not be happier. looking forward to their entrepreneurship opportunities. what are you looking forward to?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ruggerkaz wrote:
Excited to head to St Louis this Fall?? this is my first admit and i could not be happier. looking forward to their entrepreneurship opportunities. what are you looking forward to?

Congrats on your first acceptance! I'm excited to test the waters during the first semester with the consulting and marketing seminars and then choosing my platform based on those experiences. I'm also interested in their consulting program you can do, to get my feet wet with some real world work experience. Hopefully this group gets bigger and we start meeting our future classmates, can't wait for the fall to arrive.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
friends, please create https://gmatclub.com/chat group so that we can share our experiences...
is there any group already?
even facebook page?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Olin '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Received notification of admit yesterday, and an invite to admit weekend in a few weeks. Anyone planning to attend this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
taftand wrote:
Received notification of admit yesterday, and an invite to admit weekend in a few weeks. Anyone planning to attend this?

I will most likely attend. Looking forward to it!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zsb123 wrote:
taftand wrote:

I will most likely attend. Looking forward to it!

I'll be attending admit weekend. I'm excited to see what they'll have in store for us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Please do share Photos and your experience
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: Olin '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Received my admissions packet today, with scholarship info included. Scholarship was right about what I had hoped for, so Olin looks promising at this point. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'll be there as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone else decide to join Olin? I'm having a difficult time deciding between a few options.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zsb123 wrote:
Anyone else decide to join Olin? I'm having a difficult time deciding between a few options.

I decided on Olin a few months back. I think when you're deciding on where to enroll it's best to have a pro's and con's list. For me I looked at the total cost of attenadance for each program I got in to, I looked at their list of employers, and employment reports, I looked at their alumni base and checked what field they ended up being in. I also factored in my signicant other and focused on places we had a family tie, or professional tie to. In the end Wash U came out way ahead of my other choices and thus felt comfortable enough to commit early. Good luck on your decision and hopefully you choose the right school for you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
zsb123 wrote:

I am having a hard time deciding too. Still waiting for R2 results from other schools but Olin's deposit deadline is coming soon...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the responses guys! My pro/con list has me at 50/50 between Olin & Carlson at the moment. I've got 70% scholarship at Olin & full tuition at Carlson. Not a bad spot to be but a decision must be made.

Olin has shown consistently strong placement and salary numbers, while Carlson has been strong lately. The class at Olin seems to be a little more diverse while Carlson seems to be mostly people from the Twin Cities. Might have to flip a coin.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am waiting on my other round 2 schools to get back to me. Regardless, Olin is in my top 2. I really like the small class size and the experiential learning opportunities. And, looking at the employment statistics, looks like all top companies (consulting included) recruits there. I read somewhere that some 80 companies recruit; that is crazy as the class size is usually around 130-140.

And, ZSB123, i live in Minnesota and I cant wait to get out of this ridiculous winter! You might want to take that into account :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ruggerkaz wrote:
I am waiting on my other round 2 schools to get back to me. Regardless, Olin is in my top 2. I really like the small class size and the experiential learning opportunities. And, looking at the employment statistics, looks like all top companies (consulting included) recruits there. I read somewhere that some 80 companies recruit; that is crazy as the class size is usually around 130-140.

And, ZSB123, i live in Minnesota and I cant wait to get out of this ridiculous winter! You might want to take that into account :)

Like Ruggerkaz mentioned the program is small but a lot of top companies recruit from them. I think partly because their UG business school is so highly regarded and I think having that network can pay more dividends in the future. The weather in the mid west is bad (not from there) but it's better than Minnesota. If you're interested in attending you can always try to negotiate, however that only works if the school is higher ranked or a peer. ZSB if possible I'd pay a visit to both schools to check out the vibe and your fit. Also a key thing to note is the school as a whole is the top school in Missouri and very regarded in the Midwest. Good luck on your decision.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts