Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:15 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GRE 1: Q165 V163
GPA: 3.23
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
psumarkopolo wrote:
I interviewed yesterday. I got hammered during the interview, I feel I did very well but the interviewer seemed pretty set on trying to make me say something I shouldn't. In other news a nice young lady was there who was on the waitlist (applied R1) (not sure if she had interviewed or not and was waitlisted) but she did a campus visit/interview and then was called in by an adcom member to their office where she was told she was accepted.

Sorry to hear about your interview, but what an awesome way to find out for that girl... I wonder if they asked her to whip her checkbook out and pay the deposit there too :lol:

The only annoying part about the Johnson interview that I remember way the "Where else have you applied, and what is your status there." Outside of that I didn't feel trapped into saying anything out of the ordinary...

Either way, GL, I hope it's just another case of applicants over analyzing everything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Thank you, erserdm.

Yes, I provided updates. I think the following are important once you are placed on the waitlist:
1) Let adcom know that you are seriously considering Johnson, or in your case Emory. Reiterate your interest in the school and thank them for ongoing consideration (show that you are respectful of their time- if you think about it they need to read your materials again and re-evaluate your application based on the reaming pool of candidates);
2) Read your application again and try to objectively identify both the strengths and weaknesses of your application. Address the weaknesses (for example I am an international student, and I enrolled in two writing classes to improve my English- my verbal score on the GMAT was on the lower side)
3) Reach out and connect well with a student or alum and see if they are willing to recommend you to their Alma Mater. Another option will be to ask someone you know to write another recommendation on your behalf that will show you from a new angle (one that strengthens one of the weaknesses that you believed you showed in your application);
4) Send a formal letter (no more than 1 ½ pages long) addressing the significant updates (promotions, classes, social contributions, GMAT etc) since you’ve been placed on the waitlist;

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Allys wrote:
Thank you, erserdm.

Yes, I provided updates. I think the following are important once you are placed on the waitlist:
1) Let adcom know that you are seriously considering Johnson, or in your case Emory. Reiterate your interest in the school and thank them for ongoing consideration (show that you are respectful of their time- if you think about it they need to read your materials again and re-evaluate your application based on the reaming pool of candidates);
2) Read your application again and try to objectively identify both the strengths and weaknesses of your application. Address the weaknesses (for example I am an international student, and I enrolled in two writing classes to improve my English- my verbal score on the GMAT was on the lower side)
3) Reach out and connect well with a student or alum and see if they are willing to recommend you to their Alma Mater. Another option will be to ask someone you know to write another recommendation on your behalf that will show you from a new angle (one that strengthens one of the weaknesses that you believed you showed in your application);
4) Send a formal letter (no more than 1 ½ pages long) addressing the significant updates (promotions, classes, social contributions, GMAT etc) since you’ve been placed on the waitlist;

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot. Surely it will help.
Good luck at Johnson!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Allys wrote:
I got admitted from the waitlist. So excited I got in....

Congratulations Allys! Which program did you apply, AMBA or 2-Y MBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I applied for the 2 year MBA.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Congrats to everyone that was accepted and if anyone has any questions or is struggling with a decision between Johnson & other schools, feel free to PM me (I promise I'll be objective). I remember having a tough time deciding last year and there were a ton of people on this forum that really helped me.

Also, I was accepted off the waitlist last year, so if you're still on it, DON'T LOSE HOPE!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Well, I was officially accepted off the waitlist on Friday for the dual MBA-MHA program. I have until Monday to make a decision. I have no idea what i'm going to do because I was told there is zero financial aid and i'm seriously worried that even if I did the $170K in loans (which gives me ulcers even thinking about), there's very little chance it would fund in the one week before the MBA-MHA program starts. I'm seriously frustrated with Johnson. I had my application in in Nov and was already accepted to the MHA program. I would be giving my employer one weeks notice, having to pay for two apartments until I can cancel my lease, and have to move to Ithaca within a week. Ugggggggggh. Not impressed with your response Johnson. Not impressed at all.

Update: and I turned down the offer this morning. Hardest decision ever but with zero financial aid and a questionable but likely minimal ROI on top of just an MHA, feel it's the right choice. Hope someone else from the waitlist gets my place. Best of luck all!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
ldivine wrote:
Well, I was officially accepted off the waitlist on Friday for the dual MBA-MHA program. I have until Monday to make a decision. I have no idea what i'm going to do because I was told there is zero financial aid and i'm seriously worried that even if I did the $170K in loans (which gives me ulcers even thinking about), there's very little chance it would fund in the one week before the MBA-MHA program starts. I'm seriously frustrated with Johnson. I had my application in in Nov and was already accepted to the MHA program. I would be giving my employer one weeks notice, having to pay for two apartments until I can cancel my lease, and have to move to Ithaca within a week. Ugggggggggh. Not impressed with your response Johnson. Not impressed at all.

Update: and I turned down the offer this morning. Hardest decision ever but with zero financial aid and a questionable but likely minimal ROI on top of just an MHA, feel it's the right choice. Hope someone else from the waitlist gets my place. Best of luck all!

For what it's worth, I honestly feel that you are making the right decision Idivine. No one enjoys being held hostage in a time sensitive situation and if you can't enter into a program happily and with a clear mind, it might be best to delay your potential matriculation or even forgo entirely. I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever path you choose. And on the bright side, your health probably won't suffer when you check your debt balance :-). Best of luck to you.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
Send PM
ldivine wrote:

Congrats on the admit and making the tough call - does this mean you'll be enrolling in the MHA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
CobraKai wrote:
ldivine wrote:

Congrats on the admit and making the tough call - does this mean you'll be enrolling in the MHA?

Thanks Nozama and CobraKai. I decided to do the MHA at Hopkins. You only pay for one year of tuition (+25% tuition the 2nd year) and then do a salaried residency the 2nd year. It just makes a lot more financial sense despite me really feeling an MBA/MHA would have been the best degree combination for my field.

As a side note, with comedic timing I received an overnighted fedex package with some nice Johnson goodies yesterday after getting home from work.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was accepted into Johnson today. Thanks to all for the well wishes from everyone out there! Your advice has helped a bunch.

Mark
Intern
Intern
Send PM
psumarkopolo wrote:
I was accepted into Johnson today. Thanks to all for the well wishes from everyone out there! Your advice has helped a bunch.

Mark

Congrats! You were admitted from Round 3 or 4?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
malice9 wrote:
psumarkopolo wrote:

Mark

Congrats! You were admitted from Round 3 or 4?

I was admitted round 4.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I was admitted off the waitlist and was given 24 hours to confirm. I applied for round 3. Tough decision ahead.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
varna123 wrote:
I was admitted off the waitlist and was given 24 hours to confirm. I applied for round 3. Tough decision ahead.

Already paid a deposit at another school?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone have information on the waitlist process?

Is there a possibility to hear now or is it too late? How was the last year scene? Did people hear in later half of may?

Really waiting for Johnson
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abcde54321 wrote:
Does anyone have information on the waitlist process?

Is there a possibility to hear now or is it too late? How was the last year scene? Did people hear in later half of may?

Really waiting for Johnson

I'm waiting for the call as well...I think it's not too late..they might call the international WLed ppl until the end of May
because of visa, I guess..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts