Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GRE 1: Q159 V143
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Waitlist for me! I guess I will have to wait!!

Anyone else in Mexico got in the waitlist?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Wait list for me too. I'm going to be hiring a consultant to figure out a strategy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
waitlist here. I had convinced myself, based on GMAT club results reported on round 1, that those who got interview requests earlier in the week were more likely to be accepted, and my interview request came on Monday. Still, Chicago is my first choice and I will wait it out.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Send PM
zumbido wrote:
twotwobird wrote:
Waitlisted. Huh. I'm really confused on what to feel. I was all mentally prepared last night to go to Stern, and this is definitely a curve ball.

I am not sure how I should approach this decision. As an international student, I know I don't have time to wait forever (application for the visa, travel to the consulate/home country, etc), since this is R2. Any insights?

That's a tough call. You can't go wrong with Stern and you might not hear from Booth until as late as July. Especially as an international student, that's a lot of uncertainty that you might not want to deal with. Just my opinion.

Once you get the Visas and stuff are things transferable? from one school to another?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
goalieman688 wrote:
zumbido wrote:
twotwobird wrote:
Waitlisted. Huh. I'm really confused on what to feel. I was all mentally prepared last night to go to Stern, and this is definitely a curve ball.

I am not sure how I should approach this decision. As an international student, I know I don't have time to wait forever (application for the visa, travel to the consulate/home country, etc), since this is R2. Any insights?

That's a tough call. You can't go wrong with Stern and you might not hear from Booth until as late as July. Especially as an international student, that's a lot of uncertainty that you might not want to deal with. Just my opinion.

Once you get the Visas and stuff are things transferable? from one school to another?

I'm not sure (need to do some research and look at stats), but I'm doubtful. Even if I can, I imagine it'll be like pulling teeth. I was an international student for my undergrad as well, and I remember the school name being printed on the actual visa itself.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Meet Booth Alumni in London on April 1

If you are in the UK and interested in learning more about Chicago Booth, consider the MBA2U Alumni Workshop in London on Tuesday, April 1.

This is a great opportunity for MBA candidates to speak to a Booth alum about their experiences in the MBA program. Attendees will hear a presentation on the process of selecting a business school, the steps to apply and key topics like financial aid and scholarships. There will also be a panel discussion so you can hear just how an MBA helped the careers of alumni and the opportunities an MBA can provide. And of course, lots of time for valuable networking.

MBA2U is an organization that hosts great and informative events for MBA hopefuls thanks to the contribution of McKinsey & Company and The MBA Tour. Registration for the event is free. To secure your place, visit the MBA tour here.

Joanna
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Send PM
I'm not sure (need to do some research and look at stats), but I'm doubtful. Even if I can, I imagine it'll be like pulling teeth. I was an international student for my undergrad as well, and I remember the school name being printed on the actual visa itself.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Damn too bad they do not just Mastercard or AMEX...bad joke I know. I hope it all works out for you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Well that was that for me. Congrats to all who got in and to those who didn´t, good luck with your future/other plans. My only advice is to remember that the MBA is only a means to achieve something, not an end to itself, so don´t look at this as a failure, but as a divergence from your original plan.
Cheers!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [10]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Kudos
Document #1 Title: "Decision Letter - December 19, 2013"
Document #1 Text: "...we are unable to provide you with a final decision at this time..."

Document #2 Title: "Decision Letter - March 27, 2014"
Document #2 Text: "...we are unable to provide you with a final decision at this time..."

Third time's a charm?

My "Application Management" page notes that I started my application on August 5, 2013. The Round 3 decision date is May 21, 2014 (289 days later) which ensures that my Chicago Booth application process will take at least nine days longer than the average human pregnancy. So that's pretty cool...I'm going to be a dad??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.46
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
waiting list. Don't know what to do. have to wait, it is my only chance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Waitlisted. No jumping with joy. No droop of the shoulders. Somewhere in between but leaning towards the latter.

Indian based in India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all, I am also admitted. Congrats to all who get admitted!! For those WL, you guys still have hope!! My Stats:
G 750, W/E 2.5 yr IB, based on East Coast.

I have a question about the $$, the admission person mentioned $$ over the phone, but it's not showing in my decision letter in system or the email from them today... Are there anywhere else we can see the $$ info? In the hardcopy letter that we may get next week?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
usdreamer wrote:
Hi all, I am also admitted. Congrats to all who get admitted!! For those WL, you guys still have hope!! My Stats:
G 750, W/E 2.5 yr IB, based on East Coast.

I have a question about the $$, the admission person mentioned $$ over the phone, but it's not showing in my decision letter in system or the email from them today... Are there anywhere else we can see the $$ info? In the hardcopy letter that we may get next week?

You might have more luck in the admitted students thread.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Waitlisted too...there seem to be couple of waitlisted candidates. Any word on what the chances are as an international applicant?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
to those waitlisted - sorry to hear. im waitlisted at another school and it's tough

to those admitted - anyone successfully gained membership to the facebook group? thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Booth '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
Yeah I joined the Facebook group today. It happens as soon as your friend request is accepted.

A237 wrote:
to those waitlisted - sorry to hear. im waitlisted at another school and it's tough

to those admitted - anyone successfully gained membership to the facebook group? thanks

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
A few questions about financial aid.
- Can people post if they received $$ and maybe a range to understand the amount?
- Was it in the form of Merit or Fellowship?
- Can we be eligible to apply for the Fellowships after we are accepted?
- Is it true that no financial aid/merit aid is given? If so, what options are people looking at?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts