Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
So can I ignore my gazillion INSEAD essays while preparing for my interview, in the assumption that my interviewer hasn't read them?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Guys,

I'm stuck on the cultural diversity essay.

It asks us to tell about an experience where we were significantly impacted by cultural diversity, in a positive or a negative way. (300 words)

Im a bit confused on this one. My tryst with cultural diversity was when i lived in singapore (i am from india), a) the country has people of many nationalities living together. b) the demeanor of singaporeans taken together as a whole is much different from where i come from.

As of now the way i have answered this question is how the singaporean way of life, the behaviour of singaporean people differed from where i came from and how i have tried to pick up the +ves from the things that i experienced or observed there.

In other words right now I have structured this essay as - 'singaporean behaviours and way of life and its differences from my country's way of life and what i learnt and adopted'.

My doubt is that would this actually be "cultural diversity" in the textbook and traditional sense of the word. ie people from many different cultures, me between them and how i was influenced.

I have considered culture as a set of daily behaviours of the people of singapore as a whole and hence built my essay on those lines.

can you people please give me views on this and help resolve my delimma??

Regards
Saurabh
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
INSEADapplicant wrote:
Just wondering: how is everyone planning to answer the "if not INSEAD, then what" question? I believe it's quite a common question in INSEAD interviews across geographies...wonder if there's anything particular they are looking for :? :?:

I guess I would just mention my alternatives (other MBA programs, continue in/change the current job). My guess is that what they are looking for in this kind of questions is "what do you plan to do in order to get to your post-mba objectives without an INSEAD MBA." They probably want to see that you can get to your objectives through various ways.

Thanks Plastman, yup that does make sense. Will prly answer on those lines itself
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
INSEADapplicant wrote:
Just wondering: how is everyone planning to answer the "if not INSEAD, then what" question? I believe it's quite a common question in INSEAD interviews across geographies...wonder if there's anything particular they are looking for :? :?:

I think the intent of the question is to see career paths with & without the INSEAD MBA, you need to show that without Insead you might not achieve your goals (or would take longer to achieve it).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
saurabhmalhotra wrote:
Guys,

In other words right now I have structured this essay as - 'singaporean behaviours and way of life and its differences from my country's way of life and what i learnt and adopted'.

I have considered culture as a set of daily behaviours of the people of singapore as a whole and hence built my essay on those lines.

Regards
Saurabh

Hi Saurabh, I believe the way you have structured your essay is the right way, I structured it exactly like that. Though I took only one aspect of it (+ive aspect) and showed an example that I personally experienced , how it was different from my country of birth, and what I learnt from it. I think you can talk about singapore holistically when comparing it to your country of origin. Goodluck :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Just finished my first interview. Lasted 35 minutes of which 15 minutes was spent on my resume, 10 minutes where the interviewer spoke about himself (mostly in response to a question of mine), and 10 minutes where he spoke about how I should position myself for recruitment after graduation (in terms of my background and markets). The interview left me feeling good about myself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.29
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello Chaps,
Just finished my first interview as well:
- At his office 45 minute
- Freindly conversation
- Tell me about yourself (questioned few points)
- Strength and weakness
- ST/LT goals, if I can reach them today why MBA?
- A bit on hobbies
- what happens if not INSEAD? A: tackle my weaknesses and reapply...Q: if never INSEAD!?
He gave me many recommendations on the concentration/electives, clubs, community life....
All in all I felt it was a good meeting, I really enjoyed it and I think (at least hope) the interviewer did the same.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Ziceg wrote:
saurabhmalhotra wrote:
Guys,

Regards
Saurabh

Hi Saurabh, I believe the way you have structured your essay is the right way, I structured it exactly like that. Though I took only one aspect of it (+ive aspect) and showed an example that I personally experienced , how it was different from my country of birth, and what I learnt from it. I think you can talk about singapore holistically when comparing it to your country of origin. Goodluck :)

Thanks ziceg..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Hi everyone, how come I can't find the essay list on INSEAD's website?

Also, what's your reasoning for applying INSEAD? I read most graduates go to consulting and it's for people who don't want to change their career path. What's your view?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Hello,

Are these essays also valid for Sept 2015 intake?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
maybe not since they changed the essay for Jan 2015 intake from Sept 2014 intake. they might change it again
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Finished both my interviews. Both were relaxed and fairly straightforward. Few questions around my current job. The significant one was why I quit a banking job to become a film maker. Was fairly stress free and I believe that they are structured this way. If anybody has any specific questions, please feel free to ping me.

P.S I was also told that interviewers do not get access to the essays so as to not bias them in anyway.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you everybody who attended the latest webinar jointly organized by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting for the applicants got dinged this year.

For the members who could not attend this event, we have posted the webinar recording in the main post of this thread.

Check out this link for free ding analysis offer by Admissionado.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.29
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello Chaps,

I finished my second interview on Saturday, was quite challenging the interviewer was observing every detail from my body language, my tone, the rationale behind my answers and decisions......
However i felt i gave him a good impression and left with him saying he ll give a positive feedback as he pointed out few weaknesses in my profile and how to address them.
I feel my full experience is comparable to a "Good Cop / Bad Cop" Approach.
The interviewers asked completely different questions (Those asked in first interview were not discussed in the second and vice versa).
All in all, my only advice is to be prepared, some interviews you need a drink before and crack few jokes, others you need to be quite sober and give proper answers.
Now i await the final decision!
Best of luck for all of those invited for interviews.
For more details about the content and topics discussed throughout the interviews please feel free to ping me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Had my first interview yesterday. The interviewer was an alum from about 8 years back and runs his own software firm now. I knew him a bit from earlier, since we are both part of a few startup groups. The interview was very straightforward but he kept questioning me on why I needed an MBA since my long term aspirations are in entrepreneurship and I already run two start-ups. It lasted for about 50 mins, and ended by him saying he has to send either an "Accept/Defer/Reject" response. He spoke a lot about his time at INSEAD and how INSEAD has helped him in his entrepreneurial journey. The interview overall left me with mixed feelings, but more positive than otherwise. Fingers crossed for now!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
flyingdragonamy wrote:
Also, what's your reasoning for applying INSEAD? I read most graduates go to consulting and it's for people who don't want to change their career path. What's your view?

While everyone has his own specific reasons to go for an MBA and attend a certain school, here are top three reasons that candidates discuss while applying at INSEAD.

1. Pursuit for an international career or career in Asia
2. Intense training offered by one year MBA
3. Management consulting and entrepreneurship

If you want to change career to investment banking, you will have difficulty doing so at INSEAD, especially if you apply for a July class. Otherwise, I don't think do there would be any problem in switching career.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
Anyone submitted their scholarship essays yet? I received a notification about the process closing on May 12th for 1st round applications!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts