Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:29 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.81
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 [#permalink]
It's been a while since the last post. Just shaking up the thread.
I hope everyone's on track to submitting a strong app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: How the MIT Sloan Admissions Team Evaluates our MBA Candidates
Throughout our recruiting trips this summer, our Admissions Team has been asked a very popular question: “What exactly are you looking for when reviewing my application?”

Our goal has always been to make the application process as transparent and upfront as possible, so I want to share how our Admissions Team evaluates our MBA candidates. We use a competency model that helps us to assess the data and to quantify the track record of success that is presented in your application.

We evaluate characteristics on two dimensions:  Demonstrated Success and Personal Attributes.  For Demonstrated Success we look for evidence of academic abilities and professional success.  Personal Attributes we look for include; ability to work on a team, ability to challenge the status quo or solve complex problems, innovative ways to make an impact, and a drive to achieve goals.

Our evaluation process, which includes a required face-to-face interview by invitation only, helps us to get to know you and to give us a better idea of how you have acted, felt or thought in specific situations.  It also gives you an opportunity to get to know us better as well.

We take a holistic approach to reviewing applications.  We have a professional Admissions Committee (no students or faculty). They will read your entire application. We encourage you to respond to the optional question to tell us more about yourself.

We hope this was helpful in completing your application!  We look forward to receiving it!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Finally done with my essays, heading up to the optional one.

Seems like I'm on track for round 1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hello everyone. It is definitely way too quiet in here for a fun school like MIT Sloan!

While I hope it means the competition is slim this year, I'm sure it's down to the deadline creeping up!

I'm offering a bit of motivation care of MIT Sloan Admissions (in case not already seen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGJL7ciQC94

Enjoy and best of luck!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Thanks for the info session in NYC last night, very informative....also, really great mix of both traditional and non traditional alumni speaker backgrounds/career paths.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi guys,

For some reason I'm unable to figure out how to upload/submit my essays on Sloan's app.applyyourself.com portal. I'm not able to find the essay/resume links on the navigation side-bar (screenshot attached). Am I missing something?

Thanks
Attachments

Sloan screengrab.JPG
Sloan screengrab.JPG [ 59.48 KiB | Viewed 4178 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
taranjoth wrote:
Hi guys,

For some reason I'm unable to figure out how to upload/submit my essays on Sloan's app.applyyourself.com portal. I'm not able to find the essay/resume links on the navigation side-bar (screenshot attached). Am I missing something?

Thanks

Start filling up your application. In the beginning it will ask you which program you are applying for. Once you choose MBA for 2015, there will be an additional section added to the panel which will read "For MBA Applicants only". You can upload your essays there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
The Resume instruction reads - We highly encourage you to follow the résumé template provided in the résumé upload section under MBA Applicants Only.

Is anyone using other formats or sticking to the one provided by MIT?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
ankurq7 wrote:
The Resume instruction reads - We highly encourage you to follow the résumé template provided in the résumé upload section under MBA Applicants Only.

The template puts Education before Experience, which I find unusual. I'm not following the template. I think the template has been extracted from one of the current or past MBA students of MIT, applying for jobs.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RG800 wrote:
ankurq7 wrote:

The template puts Education before Experience, which I find unusual. I'm not following the template. I think the template has been extracted from one of the current or past MBA students of MIT, applying for jobs.

Yes. It is the template used by MIT students. I generally felt that since MIT adcom is familiar with this format, they may be able to read our Resume more thoroughly (and know where to look for what info) than in other formats which may take them more time to read.

Also, putting Education section at the top or the bottom is a much debated issue. After asking a lot of people, I have decided to put mine at the top.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Round I Deadline around the Corner- Advice for MIT Sloan MBA Applicants  
There is only one week left until our Round 1 Deadline, Tuesday, September 23rd  at 3  p.m. ET.  We are looking forward to receiving all of your applications!

If your application is complete, or close to being finished, you might be wondering – what is the advantage of applying in Round I?

By applying in R1, there are more opportunities for your application to be reviewed. Typically 10-15% of R1 candidates are wait listed or deferred to Round 2. These applicants are then re-evaluated along with R2 candidates, giving them a second chance to be invited for an interview or given an offer of admission.

I want to give some last minute tips and advice for completing your application (please note, some of these are technical, but my goal is to clear up any confusion):

The online application:

▪ In order to upload files, you need to complete the self-identifying aspects of the application and press save.

▪ The PDF preview may not show your entire application, but the admissions team will have received all of your information and data.

▪ If your undergraduate institution did not provide your class rank, please leave the field blank.

Transcripts and courses:

▪ Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation need to be written in English.

▪ If you took AP Calculus in high school and tested out of a college math requirement, you should fill in the grade box with “AP.”

▪ If a class does not have Calculus or Microeconomics in the title, do not include it in the Calculus or Microeconomics box.  We will view this data on your transcript.

▪ If you are a double major, please choose one major to list for your GPA.

▪ If you do not have a major GPA, please leave it blank – do not self-calculate.

▪ If you have an international GPA, please report it as it was given to you and include the scale.

Required information:

▪ Self-report your GMAT or GRE score in your application,  and make sure to send the official score to us as well.

▪ I strongly suggest that you use the résumé template provided in the application.  You may use an alternate format, as long as you keep it to one page and provide all of the required information.

I encourage you to respond to the optional question.  It is another opportunity for you to distinguish yourself from others.

I also want to share this recent blog posting from one of our first year MBA students with you https://mitsloan.mit.edu/student-blogs/mba-2016/words-to-2017/

I hope this information is helpful to you.  It will be a nice feeling to press “submit!” on your application.  On behalf of the entire Admissions team, we are excited to receive your applications and to get to know you.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at adcom@sloan.mit.edu or 617-258-5434.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
Send PM
Closing in on a week until the R1 deadline!

How's everyone doing?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dtse86 wrote:
Closing in on a week until the R1 deadline!

How's everyone doing?

Done, Dusted, and Submitted :beer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Submitted for R1!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: MIT Sloan Admissions Hosts Diversity Weekend
I wanted to make you aware of a great opportunity to experience first-hand the culture and community at MIT Sloan:  Diversity Weekend. Diversity Weekend is open to prospective candidates who are interested in learning more about the inclusive environment at MIT Sloan.  The two-day event is Thursday-Friday, October 2-3.  Attendees will learn more about the campus, community, mentorship opportunities, admissions tips, and more.  They will hear from Admissions representatives, students and faculty.  It is an event not to be missed.

The application to attend the event involves a simple sign-up process and we ask that interested participants register by September 26.  I am including the link below:https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/admission-events/mit-sloan-diversity-weekend/

Denise Castro Baily ‘15, a current MBA/HKS dual-degree student has shared her thoughts on Diversity Weekend: “Diversity Day was the perfect introduction to life at MIT Sloan! The students were so welcoming, and the warm and inviting nature of the school confirmed everything I had heard about MIT Sloan. It only took a few hours on campus, with students, and in classes for me to know that MIT Sloan was a special place – and more importantly, the place for me to get a MBA. The fact that Sloan works so hard to put this special event together and that it has such high visibility with faculty, staff, and administration was evidence to me that MIT Sloan truly values diversity and makes an active effort to embrace it.” To hear more from Denise, watch this video interview https://youtu.be/DYkBCgRGyXo

I hope that you will join us for this informative event. Fall is the perfect time to visit campus, and I look forward to meeting you!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Man I''m shocked it was as low as 1/3 to 1/2 of people who used the optional essay last year. That seems crazy, why would you not do it if you're serious about the school? I've got everything filled in but still working on my video....going to be short and sweet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
About to submit. I just noticed that ECs and activities are not included in the online application? Anyone else notice this? Where is a good place to talk about them?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts