GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2019, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 10:16
Submitted my app just in time. Based on last year's trends, we should start receiving invites about a month from now.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 13:35
Be honest- who else has already checked their application status online to see if they received an interview invite in the 1 out of a million chance that the Adcom already reviewed it? I can't be the only one haha.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2014, 12:04
UTWrestler wrote:
Be honest- who else has already checked their application status online to see if they received an interview invite in the 1 out of a million chance that the Adcom already reviewed it? I can't be the only one haha.

Haha! I haven't. Why does your GMAT2 score show Q0 V0 ?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2014, 12:55
UTWrestler wrote:

It's on my default startup tab list so... :roll:
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2014, 20:35
UTWrestler wrote:

After seeing the activity here, I just checked. No change in status. Just says, under review.
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 12:40
Also submitted in Round 1. Best of luck everyone! :)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 12:44
UTWrestler wrote:
Submitted my application late last night. Man it feels good to get it out of the way. I wish everyone luck in their applications. Does anyone know how long it generally takes before they invite you to interview (assuming that they don't ding you)?

Hi. I checked from last year (I applied Round 1 and got an interview) and it was a staggering 7 weeks between submitting and getting an interview invite.

This time around MIT Sloan seems to be a bit more organised (they got their essay questions out pretty quick!) so I'm hoping it won't be such a long wait.

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 21:57
my submission time is showing as 3.01 PM (EST) and the status is "COMPLETE AND BEING EVALUATED". I just hope they consider my profile for Round 1.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 08:05
hswk wrote:
my submission time is showing as 3.01 PM (EST) and the status is "COMPLETE AND BEING EVALUATED". I just hope they consider my profile for Round 1.

Did you call?
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 08:09
I got an email confirmation stating that my application was complete and that my status had changed.

There's a lot of information in it, but it does say interviews by invite only and that invites would go out "between October and December".
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 08:46
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can post whether their linkedin profile or youtube (optional essay) video has been viewed by any adcom yet. I'm sure everyone will be on their toes with ANY updates whatsoever!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 09:15
pleezy wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can post whether their linkedin profile or youtube (optional essay) video has been viewed by any adcom yet. I'm sure everyone will be on their toes with ANY updates whatsoever!

How can you know if your Youtube vid has been viewed by adcom?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 09:23
RG800 wrote:
pleezy wrote:

You can look at your video stats. I assume that you don't frequently have audiences from Massachusetts, of course :)

http://www.reelseo.com/youtube-statistics-competition/
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 10:04
pleezy wrote:
RG800 wrote:
pleezy wrote:

You can look at your video stats. I assume that you don't frequently have audiences from Massachusetts, of course :)

http://www.reelseo.com/youtube-statistics-competition/

I have a couple new views from New York, Florida, Maryland, and district of columbia over the past 2 days on my youtube video. Are all of the Adcoms based in Boston?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 10:08
UTWrestler wrote:
I have a couple new views from New York, Florida, Maryland, and district of columbia over the past 2 days on my youtube video. Are all of the Adcoms based in Boston?

I've no idea. Based on last year's thread, looks like most youtube videos were viewed from Mass. though.

I would imagine that reading is done on campus. There is no reason to bring your readers (who are not necessarily adcom) out to admission tour events.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 07:09
I have been checking the youtube analytics and linkedin daily (hourly lol), I still do not have any views from Mass. Has anyone seen any potential Adcom views on their videos or linkedin page? This admission process feels like waiting for Christmas! I can't image how exciting it would be to get an interview invite from a school like MIT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 12:25
UTWrestler wrote:
I have been checking the youtube analytics and linkedin daily (hourly lol), I still do not have any views from Mass. Has anyone seen any potential Adcom views on their videos or linkedin page? This admission process feels like waiting for Christmas! I can't image how exciting it would be to get an interview invite from a school like MIT.

Got 5 views on LinkedIn. :-D But all false alarms. 3 turned out to be old friends.

The other 2 chose to remain anonymous. Ooo exciting. But, then these too turned out to be people who had discovered me because of my recent activities (maybe job search, yay. Or, maybe not :wink: )!

So, in short. Nada.
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 17:54
Hey all, I know some of you wanted an update to see if the video was viewed by an adcom.

My video essay was viewed 9/29 and 9/30 by people in MA on a tablet. I got an email on 9/25 saying my application was complete and forwarded for review. Hope that helps!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 19:11
mrsandoo617 wrote:
Hey all, I know some of you wanted an update to see if the video was viewed by an adcom.

My video essay was viewed 9/29 and 9/30 by people in MA on a tablet. I got an email on 9/25 saying my application was complete and forwarded for review. Hope that helps!

Very cool- so it sounds like the Adcom is without a doubt working their way through the applications. Is anyone on here applying from the Atlanta area?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 08:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Join our upcoming events for MIT Sloan’s Specialized Master’s Degree Programs
I’m happy to announce some upcoming events for our Specialized Master’s Degree Programs! This October, I’ll be traveling with one of my colleagues to Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangkok to meet with prospective students and talk about the unique offerings of MIT Sloan. This is a great opportunity to learn about our one year Master of Finance Program and our Master of Science in Management Studies Program. Please check out our events page (http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mfin/admissions/admission-events/) for details and registration.

The Master of Finance Program (MFin) is a rigorous program combining in-depth study of quantitative techniques with practical, hands-on business problem solving. It was ranked as the top U.S. Master’s Degree Program for early-stage finance professionals by the Financial Times (http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/c48daa30-f818-11e3-90fa-00144feabdc0.html#axzz35Ztwax5d). Applications are due January 5th, 2015 and can be found here (http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mfin/admissions/apply-here/)

The Master of Science in Management Studies (MSMS) offers talented students from around the world the opportunity to enhance their expertise in a chosen management concentration. It is designed specifically for candidates who have received an MBA or equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher learning. Applications are due January 15th, 2015, and can be found here (https://applymitsloan.mit.edu/apply/)

The MFin and MSMS are part of the comprehensive portfolio of programs we offer at MIT Sloan. Students join both the MIT Sloan and MIT Communities, take classes with our world-reknowned faculty, and participate in our Action Learning opportunities.

I look forward to meeting you!

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Re: Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017   [#permalink] 02 Oct 2014, 08:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  73    Next  [ 1450 posts ] 

Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Businessconquerer