Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 12:09 It is currently 08 May 2024, 12:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Malluce wrote:
Noidea1234 wrote:
Thank goodness for this thread! My application status was 'incomplete' and I never got an email saying so. If it hadn't been for the folks in this thread saying that their status' are changing, I would have never thought to check the portal!

FYI if there is some confusion, I know in their FAQ they say that they don't need official transcripts but what they are looking for is a scan of an official transcript. If you're admitted, you will have to ask your school to mail the 'official official' transcript. I uploaded a transcript that literally said at the top "UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT' so I'm not surprised that they needed me to submit the real thing.

I saw my incomplete status on Monday the 19th and my status was changed to 'Under Review' today - about 8 days.

That is weird...cuz the admission emailed me asking for transcript when my status shows incomplete and changed it to under review right after I emailed them...maybe she's just more efficient :shock:

Ahhh well for me, I just had my school snail-mail them. I don't have copies of my official transcripts so had to ask my school...and yes, I have since obtained official transcripts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
My application has been Under Review for a week now. How much more time before it advances?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
rjt90 wrote:
My application has been Under Review for a week now. How much more time before it advances?

International applicant here.
I hope they are not reading and inviting on rolling bases. Mine has changed to processing since 10/9....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
charko88 wrote:
rjt90 wrote:

I hope they are not reading and inviting on rolling bases. Mine has changed to processing since 10/9....

Oct 16 here. No response yet. I remember in the original email confirmation when I apply, it says that interview will start going out about 4 weeks after ddl which should start this week/next. Although I don't know how to explain the two applicants that got interviews so early.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
westcoastplan wrote:
charko88 wrote:
rjt90 wrote:

Oct 16 here. No response yet. I remember in the original email confirmation when I apply, it says that interview will start going out about 4 weeks after ddl which should start this week/next. Although I don't know how to explain the two applicants that got interviews so early.

Any Haas student on this thread who can shed some light on interview invite timelines?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GPA: 3.86
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
To 2016 starters (class of 2018):
Anybody received an invitation to interview at Haas yet? Their website says invites will start going out 4 weeks after the due date, which was yesterday. Looks like invites started going out just under 4 weeks after the due date last year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:

Any Haas student on this thread who can shed some light on interview invite timelines?

I was visiting the campus this week and chatted with an AdCom member. She said it should come out 4 weeks after deadline and there are a small amount that went out already, but should be expect invites starting this week. She also said the invites will last until the final decision deadline (December something) instead of a invite deadline like other schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Malluce wrote:
Quote:

I was visiting the campus this week and chatted with an AdCom member. She said it should come out 4 weeks after deadline and there are a small amount that went out already, but should be expect invites starting this week. She also said the invites will last until the final decision deadline (December something) instead of a invite deadline like other schools.

Nice, thanks!

I am guessing the few who got them already are the mega-hunks. The no brainers.

Did she mean this week? Aka 26-30th? Or the following week?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TheLostOne wrote:
Malluce wrote:
Quote:

Nice, thanks!

I am guessing the few who got them already are the mega-hunks. The no brainers.

Did she mean this week? Aka 26-30th? Or the following week?

Thanks!

The way she said it is like 'the invites will start after 4 weeks...which is about right now', so I'll assume this week or early next week? But I again I think based on the info she provided, it will be around the time to check :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Same Oct 16 here, a previous post said it may take two week after your case changes to under review.
That's this Friday then. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to all!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Malluce wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for information Malluce!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Why Berkeley-Haas? How Full-time MBA Students Made Their Decisions
Deciding where to go to business school is a highly individual choice, with students choosing based on such things as course offerings, culture, network strength, and the caliber of faculty and fellow students. We asked some of the students in the full-time Berkeley MBA program why they chose Haas:

“When I visited, I was struck by how warm and welcoming the students were. They were eager to answer my questions and to get to know me. Everyone took such obvious pride in the community here. You can find smart, capable people anywhere. Here, you find smart, capable people who are also humble. That humility, the Confidence Without Attitude, makes all the difference.” —Stacey Chin

“The Bay Area is the epicenter of the new. Every week you read about some new venture. Innovation is pervasive.” — Sandeep Pahuja

“I wanted a business school with a serious technical bent. Berkeley-Haas has that. Plus, it’s one of the 48 of graduate schools at UC Berkeley—out of 52—ranked in the top 10 for its discipline.” —Katie Benintende

“Berkeley-Haas offers so many more opportunities in brand management than other business schools. The resources here go far beyond consumer package goods, although that avenue is open if it interests you.” —Matt Richards

“There’s such a sense of big thinking in the Bay Area. People are more willing to take risks, to do things differently or better. Also, like the military, this is a place that lives by its core values, only here they’re called Defining Principles.” —Steve Weddle

“I remember sitting on a sunny bench in the courtyard with an admissions officer, still wearing my Chicago-winter boots. Student after student greeted her, and she knew everyone’s name. That’s when I knew Berkeley-Haas was for me: warm weather and warm friendships.” —Megan Bradfield

“I knew that I wanted to go to a Top 10 business school. I also knew cultural fit would be important for me. The Haas Defining Principles set the program apart and once I started talking with students, alumni, and staff I knew this was where I wanted to study.” —Crystan Allan 

To find more on why our full-time MBA students choose Berkeley-Haas, what their experiences are like, and what they want to do next, see our student profiles. 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Kudos
On Oct 30th just got an interview, here in Brazil. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
vitorgmat87 wrote:

Congrats .. First invite after a long stretch. Could you say when did your application status change to under review?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
etch1516 wrote:
vitorgmat87 wrote:

Congrats .. First invite after a long stretch. Could you say when did your application status change to under review?

It changed on October 27th. 3 days. But my girlfriend, who applied with me, got her "under review" status in two weeks earlier...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
vitorgmat87 wrote:

It changed on October 27th. 3 days. But my girlfriend, who applied with me, got her "under review" status in two weeks earlier...

That's a pretty fast turn around time... Mine also has been under review for around 2 weeks now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
etch1516 wrote:
vitorgmat87 wrote:

That's a pretty fast turn around time... Mine also has been under review for around 2 weeks now.

I tried not to think too much about the Under Review vs. invite time since so far for those who got the invite got it within two weeks after the status change. My status has been Under Review for almost 3 weeks now (changed in mid October), yet still nothing :|
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts