Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:41 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Malluce wrote:
Mattyboyywonder wrote:
eriginal wrote:
I received an email saying my app was incomplete and I needed to send in a hard copy of my transcript. Wondering if this moves my application to the bottom of the pile?

It won't move you to the bottom, I also need to send in a hard copy and heard back already.

Do you remember how long it take between receiving invite and 'under review'? I wonder how long they take to review those that are already under review

A little less than 2 weeks, to be honest I was shocked they went out this early, had to re-read twice, was fully expecting end of month.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Nonprofit
Schools: Haas '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I also haven't sent my official transcript in yet and was invited yesterday. Somewhere in the Haas admissions FAQ it says they only request official docs once you've been invited to interview, so I doubt the lack of official transcripts during application review has any impact.

I'm also not sure there is any pattern to the way invites are released (by location, industry, date app received, etc). I think the pattern analysis we all try to do is just to impart some level of certainty on a very uncertain process...truth is, for schools with alumni interviews we basically just have to twiddle our thumbs for a month plus hoping for an email. It sucks, but it is what it is. Hang in there.

FWIW I'm in Hawaii, military, submitted the day before the deadline.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
CircusNerd wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
I had a dream I got an invite. Come on babyyy

Funny, I did too. Except in my dream my invite was immediately followed by a second email that said I'd already been waitlisted. And I've been fairly zen about the whole process...

My dream was strange too. We all waded through this maze, then made it to the adcoms. There they handed us clipboards and told us to mark down Haas' ranking per different sources like Newsweek, Forbes etc. I was unsure and guessed. Then they said interesting, and wouldn't provide a next step.

I woke up and realized I had not been invited.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.64
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
H6 wrote:
I also haven't sent my official transcript in yet and was invited yesterday. Somewhere in the Haas admissions FAQ it says they only request official docs once you've been invited to interview, so I doubt the lack of official transcripts during application review has any impact.

I'm also not sure there is any pattern to the way invites are released (by location, industry, date app received, etc). I think the pattern analysis we all try to do is just to impart some level of certainty on a very uncertain process...truth is, for schools with alumni interviews we basically just have to twiddle our thumbs for a month plus hoping for an email. It sucks, but it is what it is. Hang in there.

FWIW I'm in Hawaii, military, submitted the day before the deadline.

Congrats on the invite! But that is even more weird then on my end then. I definitely never received an invite, my online application status says "incomplete", and they requested an official transcript from me...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
After 3 weeks and 4 days of submitting application, status finally changed to Under Review ..phewwwwwww
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
TO guy who get interview, how long does it take since you case changed to " under review"?

My case was changed to under review last Friday, I wantna know when I can get results
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
woshichailin wrote:
TO guy who get interview, how long does it take since you case changed to " under review"?

My case was changed to under review last Friday, I wantna know when I can get results

It look 2 weeks for me. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Any asian candidates with an invites?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.54
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
So you wouldn't believe what happened with me...

For the last 14 days my email has not been working, some problem with my hosting provider.

I have changed all my Application email to my Gmail one. I checked my application online and it just says submitted.

All those who have been interviewed, does it say anything on your application portal ?

I am an intl candidate so hoping nothing has gone out.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: The Executive MBA: Is it a Fit for You?

Perhaps you're considering an MBA, but feel you're too far along in your career to hit the pause button. Or maybe your job requires ongoing travel commitments, or you'd rather not relocate to earn the degree. If any of these describe you, may already know that a part-time MBA program could be the best fit for you. 

But many people researching part-time programs initially only consider those with the evening/weekend format. In fact, many students who apply to Berkeley-Haas actually find theBerkeley MBA  for Executives Program is a better fit.

“At first I didn’t consider the Executive MBA because I thought I wasn’t qualified,” says Ronak Shah, manager of the Algorithms Group for Altera Corporation. “My perception was that I needed to be a vice president or a director, and I wasn’t there yet.

“But during the interview process at Berkeley I discovered that qualifying is more about career trajectory and being on the path toward executive leadership.”

At Berkeley-Haas, EMBA students come from diverse industries, job functions and points in their career—what matters most is the value they add to the classroom.

The majority of students have 8- 18 years of work experience in jobs ranging from executives to doctors to sales managers to scientists. This not only creates a rich classroom experience filled with different perspectives, it allows students to keep up with the fast-paced, rigorous program.

Rigor is not what Danielle Dudum initially expected from an executive MBA program.

“I was under the impression that all of the executive programs were abbreviated with diluted academics,” says Danielle, global strategy & operations manager for Google. She found the opposite was true at Berkeley-Haas.

“More often than not I find our professors have not only analyzed and researched theories, but applied them in industry, so I have confidence in what I’m learning and in applying it at work. This, combined with the diverse experiences of my classmates, makes the program a very rich learning environment.”

Both Daielle and Ronak found another huge advantage with the Berkeley MBA for Executives: schedule. Students gather for a three-day session every three weeks, allowing for advanced planning around demanding work or travel schedules.

“The executive program schedule is paramount for me to continue to be successful in my career,” says Ronak, who plans customer site visits in between school sessions and often does his studying on long plane flights.

Danielle, who commutes daily between San Francisco and the South Bay, finds the block scheduling allows her to be fully present for school.

“I didn’t want school to feel like a chore and one more thing to do after a 12-hour work day. With the executive program I never feel that way because I have these long weekends of reflection and learning and development.

“I am working hard, but when I’m there I’m focused and investing in myself wholly—that makes the time and investment so worthwhile.”

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
HoneyBadger wrote:

For the last 14 days my email has not been working, some problem with my hosting provider.

I have changed all my Application email to my Gmail one. I checked my application online and it just says submitted.

All those who have been interviewed, does it say anything on your application portal ?

As a reapplicant who interviewed last year, I can confirm that your interview invite will be in your application portal if you got one. So no need to fret if you can't see one yet. Doesn't seem they've released many yet (FYI - I am int'l / consultant and got my invite in the last 1-2 weeks before decision date)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
coblin wrote:
HoneyBadger wrote:

As a reapplicant who interviewed last year, I can confirm that your interview invite will be in your application portal if you got one. So no need to fret if you can't see one yet. Doesn't seem they've released many yet (FYI - I am int'l / consultant and got my invite in the last 1-2 weeks before decision date)

Do you remember if your status is under review for a long time before the invite was out or was your invite was out a week or two after the status changed?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Malluce wrote:
coblin wrote:
HoneyBadger wrote:

Do you remember if your status is under review for a long time before the invite was out or was your invite was out a week or two after the status changed?

- Applied in R2 (start Jan)
- Ready for Review email in early Feb
- No email trail until near mid-March (right up until the decision date) where I got an interview invite

I remember going crazy about "Ready for Review" vs. " Application under review" or something like that though - that was a silent change in your status that you didn't get an email about and it seemed to be somehow related to how they were sorting through people at the time but no one from last year's thread was able to figure it out -- it seemed inconsistent at best so I think it really depended on how the admissions officer who got your file was entering it into the system? I think some time closer to the date my status changed one way or the other.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Any more interview invites?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I take as much solace in the silence as I do anxiety.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
TheLostOne wrote:

The Truth has been spoken by TheLostOne.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mbadream16 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

The Truth has been spoken by TheLostOne.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts