Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 15:38 It is currently 03 May 2024, 15:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
Had my interview on November 3rd and my status is STILL "interview scheduled"......so confused.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys/gals

please add me to the R1 applicant list...

I received my interview invitation on 11/7.. will do my interview with an Alumni tomorrow since I am so far away from Ithaca!

good luck to everyone!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Kudos
I'm still in Ithaca folks, bar hopping for the rest of the evening - $2.75 a pint during happy hour, with a (female) bartender sporting a tattoo, a nose ring and a bandanna - I love it here. Unlike at Darden however, she didn't keep referring to me as "darling." :(

My interview went really well I think. If I do not get admitted here either, then there is something drastically amiss with the rest of my application package. I am quite confident my interview feedback will be very positive. I lucked out in that my interviewer was an admissions officer I had met earlier at an MBA fair, so I was a bit more relaxed than I usually am at such conversations. A 2nd year student sat in on the interview as well, but he didn't really ask me much. The overall tone of the interview was, as others have reported, very casual and friendly.

Standard "walk me through your resume" question, followed by questions on where and how I had demonstrated "leadership" and "teamwork." What would I "contribute to the Johnson School community" and yes, "where else had I applied?" I stumbled a bit on the last question, not because it was unexpected, but after I gave the interviewer my thoroughly rehearsed spiel, she told me "It seems like you are indeed very enthusiastic about Johnson. May I assume we are your first choice?" and I said "Yes, at this point absolutely." She countered with "Good, I will have that added to your file. If you don't accept our offer however, you can look forward to me calling you personally" and, flustered, I murmured something about "Err...I haven't been to interviews at other schools yet, so it is possible I might change my mind a bit later in the admissions cycle, but right now I do feel very enthusiastic about Johnson." Our chat lasted the full 50 minutes I was scheduled for.

I'm not sure how well that went down. Everything else I believe I handled with reasonable poise and confidence.

Oh yeah, and Randall Sawyer stopped by to introduce himself while I was waiting in the Admissions Office and that man seriously has this awesomely uncanny ability to remember even the briefest interactions!

Soundbite of the day, one of the lead admissions reps telling me that they would be interviewing MORE than 50% of R1 applicants this year. So while scoring an interview during R1 is crossing a major hurdle, it's not quite "almost there" either.

Good luck to the rest of you R1 folks -- I'm looking at you nadtrans. They're still sending out invites. My interviewer told me my application had not yet gone through its second review. So things just run a bit slow up here.

raabenb - good call on staying at the Statler. It's extremely pricey (dinner room service will run you $50 on average) but extremely convenient in this weather.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
I'm still in Ithaca folks, bar hopping for the rest of the evening - $2.75 a pint during happy hour, with a (female) bartender sporting a tattoo, a nose ring and a bandanna - I love it here. Unlike at Darden however, she didn't keep referring to me as "darling." :(

Not sure where you're planning on heading, but if you're a beer drinker, it's worth the walk down the hill to the Chapter House. Ruloff's is good too (good bar food, closest bar to campus, if you're staying in the Statler)

Congrats on completing the interview! Enjoy your time in cold Ithaca.
VP
VP
Where's the Chapter House? I already hit up Ruloff's.

LeftOut wrote:
solaris1 wrote:

Not sure where you're planning on heading, but if you're a beer drinker, it's worth the walk down the hill to the Chapter House. Ruloff's is good too (good bar food, closest bar to campus, if you're staying in the Statler)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
solaris1 wrote:
Where's the Chapter House? I already hit up Ruloff's.

LeftOut wrote:
solaris1 wrote:

It's on Stewart Ave. Best way to get down there is to walk back down into Collegetown (where Ruloff's is). Go to the traffic light and make a right onto Dryden (down the hill). Walk to the end of Dryden, make a right on Eddy, left onto Williams and just walk down the hill to the end. The Chapter House will be in front of you once you hit Stewart.

It's probably a 15-20 min. walk from the Statler (and a bit longer on the way back up the hills after a few beers), but again, it's worth it if you're a beer drinker.
VP
VP
+1 to you! I'll head over there after I'm finished at the Regents Lounge in the Statler. Mild snow showers be damned!

LeftOut wrote:
It's on Stewart Ave. Best way to get down there is to walk back down into Collegetown (where Ruloff's is). Go to the traffic light and make a right onto Dryden (down the hill). Walk to the end of Dryden, make a right on Eddy, left onto Williams and just walk down the hill to the end. The Chapter House will be in front of you once you hit Stewart.

It's probably a 15-20 min. walk from the Statler (and a bit longer on the way back up the hills after a few beers), but again, it's worth it if you're a beer drinker.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
+1 to you! I'll head over there after I'm finished at the Regents Lounge in the Statler. Mild snow showers be damned!

Let me know if you need other suggestions...if you're planning on spending the next 2 years in Ithaca you'll use that phrase quite often, "Mild snow showers be damned!"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Invited to interview today. Phew!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:

My interview went really well I think. If I do not get admitted here either, then there is something drastically amiss with the rest of my application package. I am quite confident my interview feedback will be very positive. I lucked out in that my interviewer was an admissions officer I had met earlier at an MBA fair, so I was a bit more relaxed than I usually am at such conversations. A 2nd year student sat in on the interview as well, but he didn't really ask me much. The overall tone of the interview was, as others have reported, very casual and friendly.

Standard "walk me through your resume" question, followed by questions on where and how I had demonstrated "leadership" and "teamwork." What would I "contribute to the Johnson School community" and yes, "where else had I applied?" I stumbled a bit on the last question, not because it was unexpected, but after I gave the interviewer my thoroughly rehearsed spiel, she told me "It seems like you are indeed very enthusiastic about Johnson. May I assume we are your first choice?" and I said "Yes, at this point absolutely." She countered with "Good, I will have that added to your file. If you don't accept our offer however, you can look forward to me calling you personally" and, flustered, I murmured something about "Err...I haven't been to interviews at other schools yet, so it is possible I might change my mind a bit later in the admissions cycle, but right now I do feel very enthusiastic about Johnson." Our chat lasted the full 50 minutes I was scheduled for.

I'm not sure how well that went down. Everything else I believe I handled with reasonable poise and confidence.

Oh yeah, and Randall Sawyer stopped by to introduce himself while I was waiting in the Admissions Office and that man seriously has this awesomely uncanny ability to remember even the briefest interactions!

Soundbite of the day, one of the lead admissions reps telling me that they would be interviewing MORE than 50% of R1 applicants this year. So while scoring an interview during R1 is crossing a major hurdle, it's not quite "almost there" either.

Good luck to the rest of you R1 folks -- I'm looking at you nadtrans. They're still sending out invites. My interviewer told me my application had not yet gone through its second review. So things just run a bit slow up here.

raabenb - good call on staying at the Statler. It's extremely pricey (dinner room service will run you $50 on average) but extremely convenient in this weather.

Great interview sol! It sure looks like u r a sure shot admit! Thanks for the wishes!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Congrats Solaris sounds like an awesome experience. Hope you're enjoying your time in Ithaca...

After reading all of these debriefs, I think my interview was so short because they didn't ask me about any teamwork examples and didn't follow up on anything in that questioning line. They looked at my resume, saw all the theatre stuff and were like "hmmm no need to ask you about teamwork" jokingly and moved onto the leadership at work question which probably cut off at least 10 minutes from what everyone else has been discussing.

Ok, I'll stop hijacking the thread with my fretting now... T-minus one month until R1 decision day... not that I'm counting or anything

Good luck one and all!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
solaris, fabulous debrief (+1!). sounds like you killed your interview - it's always fun to have celebratory drinks vs. consolatory drinks.

cereal, i am sure you nailed your interview too! just one more month :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q49  V44
Send PM
How about getting a roll call for R2 going and then adding that to the first page?

yellowjacket - Submitted 11/17
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Great debrief solaris. Sounds like your interview went very well. Hope you get in!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Kellogg, MIT, Cornell, Texas, SMU, Washington (Olin)
 Q49  V48
Send PM
yellowjacket wrote:
How about getting a roll call for R2 going and then adding that to the first page?

yellowjacket - Submitted 11/17

Sounds good. Good luck everyone.

belfi - submitted 11/17
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
I added Round 2 to the front page! Good luck guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Good to hear those with awesome interview experiences!

Mine though, was not nearly as pleasant as others...

I was GRILLED by an alumni today, and I thought it was supposed to be EASIER.

There were a lot of probing, and the interviewer simply did not agree to my goals...

I was being challenged continually about my career plan, though I kept my cool and tried to explain my logic, I think I barely moved the interviewer.

So that went bad IMHO, I just wish everyone else can have a better experince than me :|

heads up guys/girls!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  72