Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 02:29 It is currently 07 May 2024, 02:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
 Q40  V42
WE 1: 3 yrs f/t manager in aerospace (IT - Commercial - Int'l Mktg)
WE 2: 5 yrs freelance consultant to Gov't
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
bleemgame wrote:
Hi mona - with 10yrs as VP, are you shooting for an EMBA? :)

Well, my total industry experience is 10 yrs and I've only been a VP for 1 .5 yrs. So, I am not yet shooting for EMBA....it maybe the case if I drag my feet for another 2-3 yrs with GMAT :wink:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General
 Q40  V42
WE 1: 3 yrs f/t manager in aerospace (IT - Commercial - Int'l Mktg)
WE 2: 5 yrs freelance consultant to Gov't
Send PM
ahh - yes, it's easy to put it off.... I think the benefit of taking it sooner (once you feel ready) is that you can approach the applications process both confident and early, as well as giving yourself lots of time to plan resits/revision if you need a few more points in quant/verbal :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 673 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: MBA-Entrepreneurship
Schools:Belmont University
 Q25  V25 GMAT 2: 420  Q23  V24
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
[b]Barchot v' Shalom From Tennessee
[b] Shalom! My name is David. I am from Tennessee. As you can tell with my posts I am Jewish(Hence the shalom greetings). In 2009 I graduated from Belmont University with a Professional Bachelor's in Business Accounting degree. I am currently working on my first book of four. My first book deals with the President John F. Kennedy assassination. I am taking the GMAT in hopes to continue with finishing my education. After talking with Belmont the Professional Masters in Business Administration- Entrepreneurship degree will give me the experience I need in order to start a business that will help me promote my books. All I need to make on the GMAT is a 550 or better. My target score is 600+. I don't have too far to go: I will be taking the GMAT this July. I have bought the Princeton Review GMAT books, the Manhattan GMAT SC and OG Companion for the 12th Edition, OG 11th Edition, and finally Peterson's GMAT Answers to the Real Essay Questions. I am very glad I found the GMAT Club. I believe with the books and my membership to this club will be all that I need to do well on the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

This is Dilip here,completed B.E.(ECE) from Jeppiaar ENGG College Chennai.Currently I am working in CTS as a Programmer Analyst.I got a exp of 20 months.
I am planning to take up my GMAT Aug 2011.
I started to prepare from last month but inbetween my work became hectic and i couldn able to continue my prep.
After a long gap I started from sday.I hope i ll bug u guys with lot of doubts and help .
I believe its going to be great fun :).

All the best everyone :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Hi,

I completed my B.S. in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2008. Have been a military officer ever since. I am finishing up a tour in Iraq and hope to take the GMAT in June/July of 2011 and then hunker down for some essays. GMATclub has been a huge help. Hopefully I can contribute!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3053 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
cdestela wrote:
Hi,

I completed my B.S. in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2008. Have been a military officer ever since. I am finishing up a tour in Iraq and hope to take the GMAT in June/July of 2011 and then hunker down for some essays. GMATclub has been a huge help. Hopefully I can contribute!

Welcome to the club cdestela, I hope you would find tons of info available here, useful.

Best of luck & keep us posted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone !

I'm coming from Switzerland and I will normally get my Bsc management in june. Next year I will do some internships and I will apply to a Msc Finance in Europe (Bocconi, St-gallen, Imperial, Warwick). My grades are not so good so I hope that i will get a high score on the GMAT to compensate. That's why I'm here: to learn amongst the best 8-)

Furthermore I notice that the forum contains a TOEFL part. As I will also have to do this test, I hope that this forum's section will help me to improve my bad level of english.

Dan
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MENSA India
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 4: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

It's wonderful to see active members on this forum and I look forward to learning from all of you!

Well, I got to know about the GMAT club from "the omniscient" google search. I registered myself on the forum today, and am already getting addicted to it.

Now, a bit about myself. I did my MA in Japanese language in 2006 from Jawaharlal Nehru University, India. Was working in Delhi on my own for 2 years, joined a company 3 years back and since then working in IT Pre-sales in Tokyo. My main area of work is Retail and IT Offshoring.

As far as GMAT is concerned, I aim at 700 + score and would love to get into any of the top 25 B-schools, preferably in the US.

Really looking forward to support from everyone.
As an old African saying goes...
If you want to walk fast, walk alone
If you want to go far, walk together!

Enjoy your weekend!

Pra
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am not planning on studying an MBA for a couple of years. However, want to get the GMAT over and done with early. I am still not sure how long to set aside for studying. A bit about me - I have studied a BBA majoring in economics and finance and a MCom majoring in international business and strategy. I have recently started work in a graduate program at the leading telecommunications company in Australia.

I am quite confident with the verbal section of the GMAT, it's the math section that I will be spending most of my study time on. My goal is to get into Oxford or INSEAD MBA courses.

Hope to get to know you all over the next few months.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Abhishek and i am currently working as a production engineer for Indian Oil Corp in India. I am a chemical engineer and i have 2 years of work experience. My target is 700 + score in GMAT. I need to improve my verbal section.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I graduated early from college in 2009 with a degree in English. I proceeded to move from small town Michigan to New York City, where after a couple months I adopted two cats which lead me to new job working for a professional organizing company.

I'm not a professional organizer; however, within the company (which is internally small, but appears much larger to those on the outside) I'm the office manager, the media contact of the CEO, workshop coordinator for two departments and the administrator for another department. I literally have my hands in the cookie jar of every aspect of the company and am probably the only one besides the CEO who knows all the basic and, in some cases, advanced operations of all the departments. As a result of my positions and knowledge of the company, I have determined that when my boss (the CEO) gets ready to hire more executive positions, I want her to look at me for one of those positions instead of looking elsewhere. This is my reason for going to business school.

I found this website when reading amazon reviews of the different GMAT guide books. I'm not sure who left the review, but it was quite helpful.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
abhi111187 wrote:
Hi everyone,
My name is Abhishek and i am currently working as a production engineer for Indian Oil Corp in India. I am a chemical engineer and i have 2 years of work experience. My target is 700 + score in GMAT. I need to improve my verbal section.

Hi Abhishek, welcome to the club. You may check our verbal forums, there is a lot of stuff & advice available there.

Best of luck.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi cgisler, welcome the club.

Do let us know, in case of any help required.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
 Q50  V45
Send PM
Hi there!! My name is Mukul. I'm starting my MBA at Tuck School of Business in Fall 2011. I'm a B.Tech. from IIT Delhi and have scored a 770 in GMAT. I am passionate about teaching and have always brought about change, big or small, in my community. I have helped many folks to get to their dream schools (Tuck, Tepper, ISB, LBS, HEC). I hope to extend my services to everyone through forums and my websiteas much as possible before crazy school starts. Apart from helping people in their MBA dream, I love photography, blogging and traveling.

I will be more than happy to reply personally to anyone who feels I can be of help :)

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
hi. just started posting here a few days ago.

im a 27 yo male, looking to make a career change. im currently stuck in what seems to be a dead end (non core business related support, or HR ;-)) job at a respectable financial institution, and looking for a way out!

thats where an MBA comes in. im historically a horrible underachiever (poor HS performance, which led to little known undergrad program) and the habit has snowballed into where I am today. so currently working on getting a 700+ GMAT score, hopefully to turn this ship around.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi greghopkins01, welcome to the club!

Best of luck for your GMAT endavour & keep us posted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi! i just joined today and have been looking at taking the gmat for quite some time.

i'm a 23 year old female, looking to make a career change. i graduated college with a bachelor's degree in history with two minors in english & criminology. i was very lazy in the beginning of college and quit pursuing accounting due to a million prereqs to get into the state college's program. (now you can enter the BS at acceptance to the university) i currently work as an admin and really want to start working with numbers..

i've scored pretty decently before on standardized tests & hope with a lot of hardwork i can score well enough to enter an mba program. i still avidly read and although my grammar may not be perfect (sometimes i enjoy one too many commas), i am hoping my liberal arts background will translate in to verbal success! i'm trying to get into an mba program specializing in accounting for people who are not business/accounting majors...

any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! hello all :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  66