GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 08:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2011, 15:24
Great decision,welcome aboard! when do you plan to give the test, also its best to give one of the gmat prep tests to gauge where is that you stand currently!

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB,IIM

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2011, 16:19
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Great decision,welcome aboard! when do you plan to give the test, also its best to give one of the gmat prep tests to gauge where is that you stand currently!

Thanks bb and desi.

I am hoping a 4 month intense prep will do the trick for me .I deliberately moved myself into a low pressure project to help me knock the GMAT out. Depending on how my practice tests turn out,I may move the date back or forth.

Kind of scared to give the gmat prep test right now. I know I will fare miserably.Its been just too long since I did any serious studying or gave a major test/exam.

I want to get a basic handle on the quant section first and will do the benchmarking in a month's time.
Manager
Manager
Status: I will not stop until i realise my goal which is my dream too
Schools: Johnson '15

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2011, 20:45
Hey reboot2011 ..i think there are 4 such institutions
ISB, IIMA, IIMB and IIMC..so i think we can share information with each other on this and on many other facts of MBA in INDIA :)
welcome home :)

Regards,
Harsha

Note: Give me kudos if my approach is right , else help me understand where i am missing.. I want to bell the GMAT Cat ;)

Satyameva Jayate - Truth alone triumphs

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2011, 12:07
Hello Everyone,
I came across this blog through GOOGLE. I was very impressed with the amount of material/discussion is on this blog.

I passed my double undergraduate in 2003 (Electrical & Power Engineering) and started working in Energy Industry - Energy Efficiency - as Energy Manager. I have been certified professional with 8+ years of work experience.

I have always wanted to attend Business School. I guess, finally after all these years working I've decided to take up on idea of joining business school.

I am undicided on what program I should apply to (Part/Full time) but I do have few schools in mind. The GMAT score required for these school is AVG - 650 (LOW/HIGH - 600/680).

My goal is to study for the test thourougly and get better score (i.e. Above Avarage ~= 680 or MORE!)

This is about me - Feel Free to Comments! - Let's get started

KingSHAH
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 3 yrs f/t manager in aerospace (IT - Commercial - Int'l Mktg)
WE 2: 5 yrs freelance consultant to Gov't

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2011, 18:49
Greets from sunny London! As I'm being prevented from starting a thread by tech issues, thought I'd say hi here :) Just took the GMAT and will be looking to resit... reasons will be given in a 'story' thread once tech allows me! Would be great to get some feedback once up and running.

<<Basic profile: 29/m/UK - graduated with 2:1 in IS/MS from University of Leeds, very strong extra-curricular's, (hopefully good references!), 3 yrs as manager for a FTSE100 company, 4 years consulting for government clients through my own company>>

Blogging my way through the applications/study process!!
http://mbahorizons.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wake Forest

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2011, 05:13
Hi all,
This site simply put... brillant! It has helped me in every aspect of this process so far. About me I'm a 26 yr old male (U.S), undergrad in Economics at a top public. I'm an officer in the military and that's been my WE since college. Attacking the GMAT utilizing MGMAT books, just enrolled in the Knewton course online, and of course GMATClub tests and problems. I love doing the questions on the site because of the awesome member feedback, and b/c it's just so much more beneficial to me then doing paper to pencil Q's in the books! (I mean its a COMPUTER adapative test isn't it?) As we say 'Train like you Fight!' Aiming for a 700, with G'town and Vandy being my 2 dream schools. My weakness...undergrad GPA (we're talking pretty bad!!) Anyway, good luck to everyone!

"The capitol of Maine is Montpelier, Vermont which is near Ithaca, New York where I went to Cornell."
-Andy Bernard, Cornell '95

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 18 Apr 2011, 05:56
Hi,

I am a 26 yr old Indian working in Paris. Have been thinking for quite a while about doing an MBA, but managed to keep myself away from the temptation. But as soon as I gave in my friends suggested this forum.
I must say it is a great resource and am looking forward living through the app process with fellow members.

Best of luck to all :thumbup:

---------------------------------
http://pyarapopat.wordpress.com

http://pyarapopat.wordpress.com

Originally posted by pyarapopat on 14 Apr 2011, 13:52.
Last edited by pyarapopat on 18 Apr 2011, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2011, 20:49
Hello Everyone,

I joined this forum last evening and I can already see myself getting addicted to it.I am a VP in IT and after 10 years of working, I want to go back to studying. I definitely want to get a score of 700+. My 3-month study plan starts from this week, will keep posting my progress,questions and tips/tricks that I gather on the way.

Good luck to everyone!
Mona
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2011, 11:11
Hi mona - with 10yrs as VP, are you shooting for an EMBA? :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2011, 21:35
bleemgame wrote:
Hi mona - with 10yrs as VP, are you shooting for an EMBA? :)

Well, my total industry experience is 10 yrs and I've only been a VP for 1 .5 yrs. So, I am not yet shooting for EMBA....it maybe the case if I drag my feet for another 2-3 yrs with GMAT :wink:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2011, 04:31
ahh - yes, it's easy to put it off.... I think the benefit of taking it sooner (once you feel ready) is that you can approach the applications process both confident and early, as well as giving yourself lots of time to plan resits/revision if you need a few more points in quant/verbal :)

Manager
Manager
Schools: Belmont University

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:49
[b]Barchot v' Shalom From Tennessee
[b] Shalom! My name is David. I am from Tennessee. As you can tell with my posts I am Jewish(Hence the shalom greetings). In 2009 I graduated from Belmont University with a Professional Bachelor's in Business Accounting degree. I am currently working on my first book of four. My first book deals with the President John F. Kennedy assassination. I am taking the GMAT in hopes to continue with finishing my education. After talking with Belmont the Professional Masters in Business Administration- Entrepreneurship degree will give me the experience I need in order to start a business that will help me promote my books. All I need to make on the GMAT is a 550 or better. My target score is 600+. I don't have too far to go: I will be taking the GMAT this July. I have bought the Princeton Review GMAT books, the Manhattan GMAT SC and OG Companion for the 12th Edition, OG 11th Edition, and finally Peterson's GMAT Answers to the Real Essay Questions. I am very glad I found the GMAT Club. I believe with the books and my membership to this club will be all that I need to do well on the GMAT.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2011, 05:30
Hi Everyone,

This is Dilip here,completed B.E.(ECE) from Jeppiaar ENGG College Chennai.Currently I am working in CTS as a Programmer Analyst.I got a exp of 20 months.
I am planning to take up my GMAT Aug 2011.
I started to prepare from last month but inbetween my work became hectic and i couldn able to continue my prep.
After a long gap I started from sday.I hope i ll bug u guys with lot of doubts and help .
I believe its going to be great fun :).

All the best everyone :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2011, 11:39
Hi,

I completed my B.S. in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2008. Have been a military officer ever since. I am finishing up a tour in Iraq and hope to take the GMAT in June/July of 2011 and then hunker down for some essays. GMATclub has been a huge help. Hopefully I can contribute!
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2011, 20:55
cdestela wrote:
Hi,

I completed my B.S. in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2008. Have been a military officer ever since. I am finishing up a tour in Iraq and hope to take the GMAT in June/July of 2011 and then hunker down for some essays. GMATclub has been a huge help. Hopefully I can contribute!

Welcome to the club cdestela, I hope you would find tons of info available here, useful.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2011, 19:03
Hi everyone !

I'm coming from Switzerland and I will normally get my Bsc management in june. Next year I will do some internships and I will apply to a Msc Finance in Europe (Bocconi, St-gallen, Imperial, Warwick). My grades are not so good so I hope that i will get a high score on the GMAT to compensate. That's why I'm here: to learn amongst the best 8-)

Furthermore I notice that the forum contains a TOEFL part. As I will also have to do this test, I hope that this forum's section will help me to improve my bad level of english.

Dan
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MENSA India
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 640 Q44 V32
GMAT 4: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 5: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2011, 19:57
Hi All,

It's wonderful to see active members on this forum and I look forward to learning from all of you!

Well, I got to know about the GMAT club from "the omniscient" google search. I registered myself on the forum today, and am already getting addicted to it.

Now, a bit about myself. I did my MA in Japanese language in 2006 from Jawaharlal Nehru University, India. Was working in Delhi on my own for 2 years, joined a company 3 years back and since then working in IT Pre-sales in Tokyo. My main area of work is Retail and IT Offshoring.

As far as GMAT is concerned, I aim at 700 + score and would love to get into any of the top 25 B-schools, preferably in the US.

Really looking forward to support from everyone.
As an old African saying goes...
If you want to walk fast, walk alone
If you want to go far, walk together!

Enjoy your weekend!

Pra

Always aim at the moon. Never mind if you miss, you will fall in the stars :-)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2011, 05:14
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am not planning on studying an MBA for a couple of years. However, want to get the GMAT over and done with early. I am still not sure how long to set aside for studying. A bit about me - I have studied a BBA majoring in economics and finance and a MCom majoring in international business and strategy. I have recently started work in a graduate program at the leading telecommunications company in Australia.

I am quite confident with the verbal section of the GMAT, it's the math section that I will be spending most of my study time on. My goal is to get into Oxford or INSEAD MBA courses.

Hope to get to know you all over the next few months.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2011, 12:23
Hi everyone,
My name is Abhishek and i am currently working as a production engineer for Indian Oil Corp in India. I am a chemical engineer and i have 2 years of work experience. My target is 700 + score in GMAT. I need to improve my verbal section.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2011, 16:17
Hi,

I graduated early from college in 2009 with a degree in English. I proceeded to move from small town Michigan to New York City, where after a couple months I adopted two cats which lead me to new job working for a professional organizing company.

I'm not a professional organizer; however, within the company (which is internally small, but appears much larger to those on the outside) I'm the office manager, the media contact of the CEO, workshop coordinator for two departments and the administrator for another department. I literally have my hands in the cookie jar of every aspect of the company and am probably the only one besides the CEO who knows all the basic and, in some cases, advanced operations of all the departments. As a result of my positions and knowledge of the company, I have determined that when my boss (the CEO) gets ready to hire more executive positions, I want her to look at me for one of those positions instead of looking elsewhere. This is my reason for going to business school.

I found this website when reading amazon reviews of the different GMAT guide books. I'm not sure who left the review, but it was quite helpful.
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 04 May 2011, 16:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  67    Next  [ 1328 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap