It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 14:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: ESADE '15 (A)
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2011, 18:10
vicksikand wrote:
Use of participles and infinitives amongst other concepts are different between British and American English. Wren and Martin is definetly a NO GO. Harbrace 's handbook is a good book for grammmaaarrrr concepts.

Posted from my mobile device

Oh!
I had no idea about that. I assumed grammar is universal. Thanks for your clarifications!
I have ordered the Kaplan Verbal Foundations. It will arrive soon. I guess it will nurture grammar necessary for GMAT.

Learn to walk before you run.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2011, 22:15
nilaybadavne wrote:
vicksikand wrote:
Use of participles and infinitives amongst other concepts are different between British and American English. Wren and Martin is definetly a NO GO. Harbrace 's handbook is a good book for grammmaaarrrr concepts.

Oh!
I had no idea about that. I assumed grammar is universal. Thanks for your clarifications!
I have ordered the Kaplan Verbal Foundations. It will arrive soon. I guess it will nurture grammar necessary for GMAT.

MGMAT SC is considered the best for brushing up your grammar fundamentals. However, if you have issues with advanced topics such as "objects", different verb forms etc. those will not be covered in Kaplan or MGMAT.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.91

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2011, 22:17
Welcome to this forum. When are you going to sit for GMAT exam? Are you attending any coaching classes for it? Say something about your targets and strategies. You will find a lot of helpful materials for your GMAT preparation in this forum.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2011, 00:58
Hi

I am knew here. Really enjoy this site and hope to learn a lot.
M
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2011, 02:35
hi..Greetings to all... me too new to this forum. My name is Kishor Verma belong to india. I m here to grow up my knowledge.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2011, 04:55
Semi-new and missed this thread until just now.

Hey all.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2011, 05:23
Welcome aboard!

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.89

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2011, 02:35
Hi All,
I am Hussain from Mumbai, Inida.
Planing to take GMAT in july. Just about average with Verbal section and average with Quant.

I had preapired for IIM CAT about 2 years back, it was of no use.
rying to revise all those concepts for Quant.
For verbal I am going though all material possible.

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2011, 06:21
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the club too. Let me give a brief introduction of myself.

I'm 29/M/Indian/5 Yrs WE, currently working as a product marketing manager for a large IT hardware manufacturer.
Did my Masters in the US in Telecommunications, and Bachelors (from India) in Electronics and Communications.

After quite sometime deliberating on the "Should I do an MBA?", I've finally decided I should. :-)

It's been a long time since I picked up a study book for an exam. So, I guess I might take longer than usual for the GMAT. I'm planning to apply for the Sep'12 intake. So, will be taking the GMAT around Jun/July.

I took a diagnostic test from Manhattan GMAT and scored a 650 (44 Quant, 36 Verbal). I did badly on the SCs.
For Quants - I was a little overconfident and ended up making mistakes on factorials/Primes! I've come to the realization that my Quant skills are pretty rusted and I need to oil them back with some good prep and practice.

I'm yet to put a GMAT plan, but I think I'll start with quant and get some confidence back in me! Can anyone suggest a good plan for quant? Where to start at? and how long would be ideal?

This is a great forum and am looking forward to interacting with you all in the coming months/years. Good luck all for the prep and the applications.
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2011, 07:50
Kishorverma wrote:
hi..Greetings to all... me too new to this forum. My name is Kishor Verma belong to india. I m here to grow up my knowledge.

Welcome, Kishore! I'm sure that you'll not only grow your knowledge here but also end up cracking the GMAT! Keep participating in the forums.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2011, 13:34
Banterninja wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm 29/M/Indian/5 Yrs WE, currently working as a product marketing manager for a large IT hardware manufacturer.
Did my Masters in the US in Telecommunications, and Bachelors (from India) in Electronics and Communications.

After quite sometime deliberating on the "Should I do an MBA?", I've finally decided I should. :-)

It's been a long time since I picked up a study book for an exam. So, I guess I might take longer than usual for the GMAT. I'm planning to apply for the Sep'12 intake. So, will be taking the GMAT around Jun/July.

I took a diagnostic test from Manhattan GMAT and scored a 650 (44 Quant, 36 Verbal). I did badly on the SCs.
For Quants - I was a little overconfident and ended up making mistakes on factorials/Primes! I've come to the realization that my Quant skills are pretty rusted and I need to oil them back with some good prep and practice.

I'm yet to put a GMAT plan, but I think I'll start with quant and get some confidence back in me! Can anyone suggest a good plan for quant? Where to start at? and how long would be ideal?

This is a great forum and am looking forward to interacting with you all in the coming months/years. Good luck all for the prep and the applications.

Quant questions on the MGMAT tests are way tougher than those on the actual GMAT. If you really want to test where you are--take the Diagnostic test included in the GMAT Review Official Guide.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2011, 14:01
Hey everyone!

I'm hoping to take the GMAT for the first time in June. I took my first CAT the other day and got a 630; my verbal was great, but my math skills definitely need some polishing. Signing up for some form of math review soon. Perhaps the Quant GMAT Pill? I'm not really sure yet.

Planning on applying for Fall 2012, primarily to West Coast b-schools.

Looking forward to going through the process with you guys! :)

Last edited by obsessively on 22 Mar 2011, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2011, 14:33
Welcome - you are at the right place obsessively!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2011, 05:40
vicksikand wrote:
Banterninja wrote:
Hi Guys,

Quant questions on the MGMAT tests are way tougher than those on the actual GMAT. If you really want to test where you are--take the Diagnostic test included in the GMAT Review Official Guide.

Thanks Vicksikand - Since I've already taken a diagnostic and have a fair idea on my weaknesses, I think it will make sense to keep the GMAT prep for later to get a fair assessment. I'm not too bogged down with a 650 on the diagnostic. Taking into the account of the fact that I haven't brushed up my math at all for a long time, I expected to perform much worse. But, I should say I'm targeting a high 700+ score. I will have to take the next practice test after I study for 3-4 weeks and then start judging.Does that make sense?
Manager
Manager
Status: I will not stop until i realise my goal which is my dream too
Schools: Johnson '15

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2011, 17:55
Hello All,

Am Harsha from INDIA. I am a semi-new member of this community. Well I am as usual an IT Pro having 7+ exp. Previously I had worked in a Service Based Company and a MNC bank. Currently working for a Oceania (It’s a Region Comprising mainly of AUS, NZ and other pacific nations) Bank from Bangalore.

I am planning to take GMAT by July 2011 end so that I would be eligible for 2012-13 batch in any Indian Colleges( have a count of 4 which I want to join for Exec-MBA).

I would be active in these forums from now on to learn and teach(if I come across anything new from my study)

Sayonara for now.
:)

Regards,
Harsha

Note: Give me kudos if my approach is right , else help me understand where i am missing.. I want to bell the GMAT Cat ;)

Satyameva Jayate - Truth alone triumphs

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2011, 21:22
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Everyone,

My name's Brandon and I'm from Los Angeles, CA. I graduated from UCLA in 2009 and have been working in Audit for one of the Big Four accounting firms since then. I plan on sitting for the GMAT in June and applying to b-schools in the Fall of either 2012 or 2013. I'm sure my preferences will change but as of now I'm quite interested in NYU Stern, Columbia, Wharton, Anderson, and Haas. I'm glad I found this place with enough time to make use of the great advice within!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2011, 11:41
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Everybody...

I am from Pune, India with 6 WE among the most common applicant pool (Indian IT Male). Planning to take GMAT by July end.

Great forum with amazing resources. Good luck to you all.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB,IIM

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2011, 13:11
Greetings Forum!

This is my first post here and as I take baby steps to face off against the big bad GMAT wolf, I would like to introduce myself at this great site which I have been trolling for the last couple of weeks. I am a 31 year old Indian IT guy(yeah ,yeah ,yeah..not another one!) with 9 years of work experience, running @ 100 mph on the hamster wheel of middle management for the last two years, who wakes up confused everyday wondering why he has not moved on in his career. At this point in my life, I feel that my career requires a reboot and an MBA degree is my reboot switch.

The last exam/test I had taken was in 2002 and I have all but forgotten all the math that I ever did learn. Unlike many others on this forum with an engineering background, for whom math and engineering go hand in hand, yours truly has never been particularly blessed quantitatively. There is nothing to write home about my verbal skills either, at this point. I am curious as to how many GMAT verbal errors, I have already made in this short write up. If any of you forum gurus can highlight it for me, it would be the perfect start to my GMAT preparation :)

My goal is to make it into one of the holy sanctums for frustrated Indian IT guys – one of two top Indian schools that offer a one year exec-MBA.

There is a lot of self doubt in me at this point, whether I can tame the beast or not. I have no illusions that this journey will be especially tough for me, but I intend to see it through.

I hope to be an active participant in the forum,once I have acquired a basic understanding of the various GMAT concepts.Also I would like to wish all the very best to my fellow sailors in their GMAT prep!

Cheers!

P.S : I am starting my prep today , with the Manhattan number properties book.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2011, 13:57
Greetings reboot2011 and welcome to the Club!
You seem to be on the right path - good luck on your journey!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2011, 14:24
Great decision,welcome aboard! when do you plan to give the test, also its best to give one of the gmat prep tests to gauge where is that you stand currently!

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2011, 14:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  68    Next  [ 1350 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR FEBRUARY
Math Revolution - $69/mo Type Coupon Code: HOTDEAL2
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - $75 off all packages Valentine's special. Valid until Feb. 15
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap