GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 05:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2011, 03:04
Hi All,

Hi all, this is nageswara. I have just started preparing for GMAT. I am aiming for 700+ score.
I have 4+ experience in IT industry.

I have not yet planned on the GMAT dates.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2011, 08:17
Hi all

I'm currently a college senior and will be joining an investment bank as a distressed debt analyst this summer. I'm looking to apply to B-School a few years from now and would like to take the GMAT before I graduate this summer. I'm aiming for a score of around 740 and am currently trying to get my head around the dozens of prep material and strategies available. Not sure how much time I'll have to prep as I have a busy couple of months ahead (interning and prep for finals), so we'll see how it goes! Two friends did it with about 3 weeks of prep and one scored 710 while the other scored a 780. I'm hoping with 6 weeks of prep, I'll be on track for a 740.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Wharton
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2011, 10:30
Hi everybody,

I'm Saeed, A Master's student in commerce management. I am very determined to get admitted in a top B-school for a PhD

Ambition, Motivation and Determination: the three "tion"s that lead to PERFECTION.

World! Respect Iran and Iranians as they respect you! Leave the governments with their own.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2011, 15:49
Hi, I am an earthquake engineer..with bachelors-civil engineering from india, masters in geotech engineering from a US school and been in this field for almost 6 years now, planning to give gmat in sept of 2011. I am interested in knowing if there are any other gmat applicants with similar backgrounds...
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2011, 21:02
Hi desiaggie1980, welcome to gmat club!!

Best of luck for your gmat endavour. Let us know in case of any help required.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2011, 12:26
Thanks, being really new to this forum (which is absolutely great place for gmat beginners and pros), I would like to know exp from ppl as to how this forum really changed their study styles incase it did so.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2011, 16:19
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Thanks, being really new to this forum (which is absolutely great place for gmat beginners and pros), I would like to know exp from ppl as to how this forum really changed their study styles incase it did so.

The main thing this forum provides is motivation to study. I check the threads daily and that in itself gets me pumped up to study, because I am not alone in my suffering. And it is nice to see our friends who achieve amazing scores (whether it be 760 or if they just needed a 600) and achieve their goal.

This forum has also helped me pick the right books, develop a reading habit, and just become a more organized and better person. If we have any questions, the "Veterans" of this forum always step up to help. And although I do not help as well as I would like to, just the fact that we are there for each other is good enough.

Do not be afraid to ask us questions, general advice, or just to talk. I believe this community is one big family, and we want everyone to succeed!

"Only by going too far, can one find out how far one can go."

--T.S. Elliot

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2011, 10:43
Thanks, I feel being active since only last 3 days in this forum has given me the invaluable message that organisation is the key to achieveing the score that i am aiming for, setting up small goals at this point will be helpful to me, I am aiming to give the GMAT in Sept 2011, this weekend I will search thru the club forums to prepare my study plan.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2011, 15:25
Also, in general I want to know of the people prepping up for GMAT, what time frame are you trying to give the exam considering the dealines for most schools for this year is almost past and there is plenty a time for may/sept 2012 session admission deadlines.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2011, 16:38
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Also, in general I want to know of the people prepping up for GMAT, what time frame are you trying to give the exam considering the dealines for most schools for this year is almost past and there is plenty a time for may/sept 2012 session admission deadlines.

Many schools still have R3 and you can take the test as late as the day of R3 deadline (many study Jan, Feb and take GMAT in march).
However, yes, Top 20 schools take most of the students during R1 and R2, so those deadlines are gone and only next year is the first opportunity. We have a few people who spend months and years studying (often without much improvement) but others may plan and gear up for one take and one retake (6 months or so).

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2011, 14:31
Thanks, thats right, different approaches for different individuals. Thanks for motivating and guiding us!
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Journalism and Publishing)

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2011, 12:05
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply this fall. I am compiling all my GMAT research as we speak and I plan to map out a plan attack by this weekend.

I have to start from scratch with the math but I'm going to conquer this, I believe in it.

Thanks for this forum. It has helped me so much and I joined under a week ago. :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2011, 12:23
Anybody here targetting for HAAS EW; I am looking for its separate thread..

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2011, 16:16
desiaggie1980 wrote:

There is obviously the general HAAS thread but if you feel we need to start one for the EW, you are welcome to do so yourself or contact one of the BSchool moderators or the all-powerful AV

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2011, 12:00
Thanks bb; no I cannot find a seperate thread for HAAS EWMBA, I went thru the entire 56 pages of the thread for HAAS 2011 applicants, most posts are from fulltime students and only 6 to 8 posts from EW applicants. I am targetting for 2 courses starting Fall 2012; HAAS EW or Davis part-time. I feel a necessity to start these 2 threads to get info from ppl who have been thru application processes for these 2 courses in particular, the problems are:
1) Its too early;
2) Most ppl here did or are aiming for FT.
Could you please suggest if I should start these 2 threads, and guide me thru the process or better please start them.

On a side note, this club I agree that this is totally geared towards gmat and b-school apps, I am looking for a thread where moms of really young kids, working fulltime or not, have gone thru the whole gmat-b-school process, is there one or can I start a thread for that too.

I know am asking for too much but the guru won't deny :)

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2011, 12:37
Oh, I realize bb, I thought you were one of the moderators, I will try starting those threads tonight.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2011, 15:25
I will do it soon; are u in for 2011 or 2012
mbafall2011 wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:

Haas EW- sign me up!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2011, 19:00
@desiaggie--i am not sure whether you will find too many Indian civil engineers with a masters degree from the us, but you will surely find a lot of indian engineers with / without masters.
I did my bachelor's degree from india and my masters here & have been working in the US since graduation.

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AWS, ASME
Schools: UIC, IIT

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2011, 19:30
I have been lurking on and off since Dec. I currently work as a structural steel inspector with a BS in Environmental Biology. I am really focused on a specialized program/mba program at Illinois Institute of Technology. The program I want is the MS Environmental Sustainability/MBA program. I need a 500 to get in the program. But my gpa in college was below 3.0, so I hope to score around 600-650 to make up for the gpa. I plan to study part-time and work full-time. :shock: My last formal college education was in 1999. So I am out of touch with formal classroom and scared witless.

Working toward improving myself and my industry as I go. At least I hope I can.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2011, 20:21
For Indian male engineers**
We are an over represented demographic in the b-school applicant pool, so if you wish to make it to a top 20 school aim to get around 740 on gmat. There are just too many of us out there and most post scores of 740+; howeveer, there are exceptions---one of my friends, an indian engineer, scored a 710 and still made it to a top 10 school. His essays were brilliant and he had great recs to complete the package.

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2011, 20:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  67    Next  [ 1328 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap