It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 12:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2011, 09:52
ankeeta wrote:
Hi All,

I am Ankita and I found this forum some days earlier while searching for such a forum where I can get right direction for achieving my goals.

I have started preparation for GMAT. I am planning to take the test sometime in Feb.

Welcome on board,Ankeeta! You'll find this community to be incredibly useful and you'll get loads tips,strategies and help from the members here.Hope that you're able to achieve your goal ! Welcome once again!

My 760 debrief

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 01:55
Thanks for the add, I look forward to learning a lot here.
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 02:02
Hi Catoeryhott, welcome to the club!!! :)

You have just jumped in the ocean of gmat info & preparation stuff. Just to kick off your study plan or devise on, just check this link out

gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 02:39
Hello Catoeryhott,
You have joined the right community. I am sure that you will benefit from the great amount of resources and from the amazing members here on the forum. Welcome! :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CAMS, CAIIB
Schools: St John's University-Tobin, NY and ISB

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 23:39
Hello,

My name is vincent, a little background about myself. Currently have 10 yrs work ex in Retail Banking out of which 7 yrs as a manager.Am from india currently working in middle east. Have started studying for GMAT, target date is June 2011 and target score is 690 to 710. Have done M.Sc from Bombay Univ in Geology, then other certifications like CAIIB, CAMS , etc. My area of weakness is Quant. I took a GMAT diagonistic test without any prep and scored 550. :cry:

rgds
Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2011, 00:35
Hi vincent28 , Welcome to the club!!

You may start your gmat journey by going through this thread gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Dont be bothered by a 550. I am sure you will cross 700.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2011, 01:13
Hi vincent28!

You will find plenty of help in this forum and if you study and practice, you can definitely improve your score! Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2011, 03:29
hi
i am an engineer working in India's largest steel industry...i am looking forward to a management degree from a good university...
aiming at 730+ ...because my work ex is just around 2 years...
the curtains are raised...now is the show time...
so lets roll...

" If i believe that i can do it, I shall acquire the capacity to do it even though i may not have it initially" ...Mahatma Gandhi

jk
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2011, 16:22
Hello,

Here is my little background. Currently have 10 yrs work ex in IT. Working in the IT division of top class bank in north central US. Have started studying for GMAT, target date is March/April 2011 and target score is 690 to 710. Have done B.Tech in Comp Sc. My strong area is Quant, but I need to work on silly mistakes and timings. The weakest is Verbal - SC, followed by RC and CR. I took a GMAT diagonistic test without any prep and scored 550.

Regards
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2011, 14:28
Hi everyone. I'm loving this forum - so I thought I'd join in.

I'm an MD by training - only practiced a year before deciding it wasn't for me. I felt there was some bigger picture I was missing. Once I passed my baords, the challenge seemed to fade. I couldn't bear the thought of 9 to 5 in the same office for the next 30 years.

So I started a company for helping underprivaleged students with higher education - 5 years of entrepreneurial work. Very satisfying emotionally but not financially.

Now I'm working in a larger healthcare concern in business development. Loving the role of business development. Designing and implementing programs. Making partnerships. Growing the business.

I'd like to go to Kellogg part time, since I live and work in the suburbs of Chicago. I want the team-oriented approach and the pedigree from one of the best schools in the country.

Glad to be here. Let me know if I can help anyone with anything.

Regards
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2011, 15:06
My name is Jason. I was born and raised in Washington and got a BA in Poli Sci at the University of Washington. I'm looking to start biz school either this fall or fall of 2012, and will apply to UW as well as some schools in the south and DC/NYC area. I've spent the past 7 years working in various political jobs: communications, campaign management and lobbying.

I'm studying with the Kaplan Premier 2011 guide, and will likely also pick up the official GMAT questions book and probably another book with extra practice questions for the quant section.

Took Kaplan's diagnostics quiz and scored a 68%, which I don't believe translates to a GMAT equivalent score. I performed well on the verbal and not so well on the quant. With the help of suggestions on this forum I've put together a study schedule and am now going through the basic math refresher. I've also been reading a lot of the classics from the suggested reading guide.

I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on the forum as I get through my study schedule!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2011, 15:19
Welcome jasonedward!
Take a peek at some of the books and study ideas here: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html and here: top-gmat-prep-books-guides-reviews-comments-77703.html?highlight=ml306

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2011, 14:15
hello everyone,

I'm Carlos...from Miami. I initially signed up here about 6-7 months ago and mainly lurked and procrastinated. I'm proud to say I finally registered to take the GMAT this May 23rd.

I have my Bachelor's in Bus Admin from FIU. Right now, I'm working as a Licensed Banker and I'm looking to further my education to move up the corporate ladder, maybe even go into IB/Asset Mgmt.

Based on the books everyone's recommended, I have the following prep materials.

- Kaplan GMAT Premier 2011 w/CD Rom (to dip my proverbial toe in the gmat waters and take the diagnostic to see where I stand)
- 8 MGMAT Strategy Guides (to focus on my weaknesses)
- OG GMAT 12th Edition (to use together with the MGMAT guides)
- MGMAT Sim Booklet

I'm ready to get this done.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2011, 21:04
Hey Hey! Welcome!
Sounds like you are well equipped if something is not working out for you - let me know!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2011, 10:00
Hi everyone,
I am Rahul. Completed my Bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Manipal University(India) in May 2010. Have already booked a date for GMAT in May. I have an work experience of 5 months till date, currently working in a IT company. Planning to start my university applications from September this year, for a next fall admit. Targeting a 730+ score.
Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2011, 21:17
Hi Rahul, welcome to gmat club!! :) I think you have done a great job in booking a gmat date well in time. This is the best gmat community with tons of resources available. Kindly do check these threads for more details, these will help you alot.

Start your journey & read this thread
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best gmat books analysis
best-gmat-books-77703.html

Best GMAT CAT analysis
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Best test prep companies offer great discounts to the gmat club community, you can check this page for more details. http://gmatclub.com/marketplace/

Apart from these, all sort of information is available on separte forums here. Jump in the sea & you will get the maximum benefit.

Best of luck & keep us posted. :)

I Can, I Will

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Foster (M)
GPA: 3.62
WE: Design (Other)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Jan 2012, 10:56
Hello everyone, my name is Ros. I stumbled upon this board a couple of weeks ago and have slowly been trying to sort through and soak up the goldmine of unbelievably amazing information on here.

I plan on attending b-school in Fall '12. I've got my sights set on Foster (UW) and Anderson (UCLA).

I have yet to take the GMAT...I have A LOT of studying ahead of me. My language, grammar, and RC skills are in good shape and I've tested pretty well on all of the verbal sections. The quant is a very different story. I took Algebra back in 7th grade and to say that I'm a little rusty would be a huge understatement. While attempting the diagnostics test in my GMAC book I literally struggled with almost every single quant problem. It was very dejecting and humbling, but I'm not deterred. I bought the 5 Manhattan quant books and am working my way through. One day at a time!

Good luck to everyone and I hope to get to know some of you better as the months go on.

Originally posted by ModRos on 02 Feb 2011, 15:58.
Last edited by ModRos on 15 Jan 2012, 10:56, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2011, 10:33
Hey just becoming a member, glad to be here! I'm Norma and I am inspired by life, I enjoy running and becoming nutritious :)

I've been concerned in some other forums and have discovered this site to have much far better information, so it makes sense to finally publish!

BTW, what can I do to change the time zone for my account? It's kind of weird having the time like 5 hours off lol
Director
Director
B
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2011, 10:41
Click on "My Profile" up top, then on "Board Preferences" over at the left. You'll see time zone as one of the options.

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/
Admissions Consulting for Veterans, by Veterans

Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2011, 10:47
Hi Ros, welcome to gmat club!!

I hope you would be having a great time here. Do check the links in my post above for more useful threads.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

I Can, I Will

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2011, 10:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  67    Next  [ 1328 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap