GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 00:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2011, 13:41
First off, I want to get this off my chest. Everyone here is so awesome!

Okay, now that I've got that out of the way, I've been posting here for a while but never really introduced myself. My name is TwoThrones (that's what it means in Arabic anyway) and I'm from Michigan. I'm currently in Marketing, and knew I would be taking the GMAT in subsequent years. However, now that my hours have slowed down at work, now is the time for me to step up to the plate and swing a home run!

I will be taking the GMAT in April 2011 in order to do a Masters (to be honest, I'm not sure yet, maybe in Accounting or Finance) and then later on when I have more work experience get an MBA. I'm not looking to get into a top 10 Finance program, but that will change for my MBA. I thought that I might as well study hard while I have time and I'm still pretty fresh out of school to do amazing on the GMAT.

I'm not sure this will help, but I'm currently enrolled in an intensive Arabic course (not taking it because of the GMAT, but diverse languages make me a diverse candidate, currently can speak 5). We are currently focusing on grammar, and that definitely helps me freshen up on rules of grammar in the English language for SC.

Once again, you guys are awesome, and now that I'm officially studying, I would love to help everyone in the forum out but to be honest, it seems like you guys will be helping me out instead :). Thanks for reading.

"Only by going too far, can one find out how far one can go."

--T.S. Elliot

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2011, 12:36
Just popped into say hello! I am a newbie here, hope to learn some stuff and meet some people .
I spend my time mostly on computers, so am left with alot of spare time for browsing ..mainly facebook lol

Regards, Laters
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2011, 19:45
I am SP a Manager full time in Mid west and hold Masters in Computers. I have been a manager for 10 years and like to get into the BEST MBA program in US. Determined to give GMAT and try my level best for a great score.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2011, 03:43
Yo,man!
Welcome to gmatclub! Am sure that you'll find this community helpful. Stay tuned!

My 760 debrief

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2011, 05:37
step2success wrote:
I am SP a Manager full time in Mid west and hold Masters in Computers. I have been a manager for 10 years and like to get into the BEST MBA program in US. Determined to give GMAT and try my level best for a great score.

Welcome to the club step2success!! :)

I hope you will find the tons of info available here useful. Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2011, 08:49
TwoThrones wrote:

Okay, now that I've got that out of the way, I've been posting here for a while but never really introduced myself. My name is TwoThrones (that's what it means in Arabic anyway) and I'm from Michigan. I'm currently in Marketing, and knew I would be taking the GMAT in subsequent years. However, now that my hours have slowed down at work, now is the time for me to step up to the plate and swing a home run!

I will be taking the GMAT in April 2011 in order to do a Masters (to be honest, I'm not sure yet, maybe in Accounting or Finance) and then later on when I have more work experience get an MBA. I'm not looking to get into a top 10 Finance program, but that will change for my MBA. I thought that I might as well study hard while I have time and I'm still pretty fresh out of school to do amazing on the GMAT.

I'm not sure this will help, but I'm currently enrolled in an intensive Arabic course (not taking it because of the GMAT, but diverse languages make me a diverse candidate, currently can speak 5). We are currently focusing on grammar, and that definitely helps me freshen up on rules of grammar in the English language for SC.

Once again, you guys are awesome, and now that I'm officially studying, I would love to help everyone in the forum out but to be honest, it seems like you guys will be helping me out instead :). Thanks for reading.

Welcome, TwoThrones. What I wonder is what actually is your real name which translates to "twothrones" in Arabic :-D . It's good that you're quite active on the community. I have generally seen that people who usually participate a lot here on the community end up with good scores(Whiplash is the recent example :) ),so you might end up with a great one too. Keep up the spirit!

My 760 debrief

Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2011, 14:33
rishiraj wrote:
TwoThrones wrote:

Welcome, TwoThrones. What I wonder is what actually is your real name which translates to "twothrones" in Arabic :-D . It's good that you're quite active on the community. I have generally seen that people who usually participate a lot here on the community end up with good scores(Whiplash is the recent example :) ),so you might end up with a great one too. Keep up the spirit!

My name is Arshan. In arabic, arsh means throne and when you add an "aan" or an "ain" to the end, it becomes two.

I thank you very much for the great boost in confidence. Now I know I can't go wrong!

"Only by going too far, can one find out how far one can go."

--T.S. Elliot

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2011, 19:52
Hello!

Over the winter break I finally decided to commit myself to the GMAT. I'm an engineer (electrical engineering background) in a research and development role at a medical device company. Looking toward entrepreneurial / VC with a medical technology focus.

I just received Kaplan premiere in the mail and after two weeks plan to take my first diagnostic CAT. From there, hopefully complete the Kaplan book and begin with Manhattan (not yet ordered). This forum looks like it'll be a great help -- particularly interested in the free tests!

Brad
VP
VP
GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2011, 06:59
Welcome to the club!

you are on a right path joining our 100k members community.

Please see this threads, they will help you to orient in your GMAT jorney:
Study plan: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301
Best books(review): best-gmat-books-77703.html
All practice tests: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?highlight=ml502 One of the most realiable tests is GMATprep - download it from mba.com

Gmatclub tests: hardest quantative problems for 48+ score http://gmatclub.com/tests/

On-line courses from different companies: gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2011, 09:39
TwoThrones wrote:

My name is Arshan. In arabic, arsh means throne and when you add an "aan" or an "ain" to the end, it becomes two.

I thank you very much for the great boost in confidence. Now I know I can't go wrong!

I see. thanks for clearing up the mystery surrounding your name :)
Hope to see you lurking around the forum. :D

My 760 debrief

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2011, 09:40
mrbrad wrote:
Hello!

Over the winter break I finally decided to commit myself to the GMAT. I'm an engineer (electrical engineering background) in a research and development role at a medical device company. Looking toward entrepreneurial / VC with a medical technology focus.

I just received Kaplan premiere in the mail and after two weeks plan to take my first diagnostic CAT. From there, hopefully complete the Kaplan book and begin with Manhattan (not yet ordered). This forum looks like it'll be a great help -- particularly interested in the free tests!

Brad

Welcome, Brad! I'm sure that you'll find this community useful! Stay tuned!

My 760 debrief

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2011, 12:30
gmontalvo wrote:
Hi Rohan,

Your words of encouragement are truly appreciated. You may well be right; I could be building up the exam to be something more than it really is. Many software developers think they are good with math, and I am no exception. Nonetheless, the process of preparation is humbling.

That said - I have invested too much time to change course now. I’ve got my mind set on Duke, and nothing else will do. I’m applying for round six, so I have some time (but not too much). I will keep plugging away at it as long as I can. If I end up not doing well, it won't be for a lack of effort.

Again, thank you for the kind words ... I hope to be able to repay the favor at some point – Merry Christmas!

Greg

Ah, don't worry about that Greg, i sincerely hope you do well..
Don't worry about what you will end up with..as i said earlier, be optimistic and positive!
It's good that you have a definitive aim --Duke and that should really help you in streamlining your efforts.
Somebody said " Create your future from your future. Not from your past."

Many Best Wishes!!

“Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.” - Winston Churchill

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2011, 14:53
Don't mean to threadjack -- welcome jason, though I'm also new. I wanted to ask Pkit about study plans:

Currently, I plan to take two weeks to take some practice problems and become more comfortable with the test format. Afterward, I'll take my first diagnostic test and only then will I develop a concrete study plan (targetted focus on weaknesses). Is that what most people do, or would you recommend that I come up with a plan right away? Should I skip the first two weeks and go right ahead on the diagnostic test?

Regards..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2011, 03:39
Hi All,

I am Ankita and I found this forum some days earlier while searching for such a forum where I can get right direction for achieving my goals.

I have started preparation for GMAT. I am planning to take the test sometime in Feb. My profile:

Profession: Engineer
Working since last 1.75 years in an MNC in India.
B.Tech score: 83.1
12th score: 81
10th score: 87

Sincerely appreciate efforts of the founder, managers and others.

:-D

Hoping for the best :)
--------------------------
Kudos
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2011, 09:52
ankeeta wrote:
Hi All,

I am Ankita and I found this forum some days earlier while searching for such a forum where I can get right direction for achieving my goals.

I have started preparation for GMAT. I am planning to take the test sometime in Feb.

Welcome on board,Ankeeta! You'll find this community to be incredibly useful and you'll get loads tips,strategies and help from the members here.Hope that you're able to achieve your goal ! Welcome once again!

My 760 debrief

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 01:55
Thanks for the add, I look forward to learning a lot here.
Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 02:02
Hi Catoeryhott, welcome to the club!!! :)

You have just jumped in the ocean of gmat info & preparation stuff. Just to kick off your study plan or devise on, just check this link out

gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 02:39
Hello Catoeryhott,
You have joined the right community. I am sure that you will benefit from the great amount of resources and from the amazing members here on the forum. Welcome! :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CAMS, CAIIB
Schools: St John's University-Tobin, NY and ISB

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2011, 23:39
Hello,

My name is vincent, a little background about myself. Currently have 10 yrs work ex in Retail Banking out of which 7 yrs as a manager.Am from india currently working in middle east. Have started studying for GMAT, target date is June 2011 and target score is 690 to 710. Have done M.Sc from Bombay Univ in Geology, then other certifications like CAIIB, CAMS , etc. My area of weakness is Quant. I took a GMAT diagonistic test without any prep and scored 550. :cry:

rgds
Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2011, 00:35
Hi vincent28 , Welcome to the club!!

You may start your gmat journey by going through this thread gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Dont be bothered by a 550. I am sure you will cross 700.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 14 Jan 2011, 00:35

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  66    Next  [ 1318 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap