Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: IT, Finance, Marketing, Business
Schools:Boston College, MIT, BU, IIM, UCLA, Babson, Brown
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Kudos
Smartfox wrote:
Hello everybody!
I am an undergraduate student and I live in Italy. I just discovered the GMAT Club website and I wish I had discovered it before. I gave the forum a quick look and I was surprised by how useful it is. I just took my 1st GMAT two days ago with a disappointing 580 (Q44 V27) and now I look forward to improve a lot since I am aiming at Top BS so for at least 680-700.
That's a long way to go but I am determinated; I hope to learn a lot from you guys and that my experience could be useful also to others! :D
It seems I first need to improve my Verbal skills.. what are your suggestions? And in what time, in your opinion, I could achieve my target-score?

Hi smartfox, welcome to the club! :)

I think you should go for a second attempt within 3 months, so that you may not lose your track. Check this thread for your retake
should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html

Also, for polishing the verbal skills, practice is the key. Check these threads
720-q42-v47-how-to-improve-verbal-tips-50635.html
books-to-read-improve-verbal-score-and-enjoy-a-good-read-76079.html

As I mentioned earlier, 3 months is an ideal period to reach your target score.

Best of luck & keep us posted.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [0]
Send PM
explora82 wrote:
Hi all,

Recently joined the great GMAT Club.
This is Saadat from Pakistan. I have bachelors degree in engineering & 5 years+ international experience in Oil & Gas sector. I am aiming at Top-10 B-Schools with INSEAD as my first love 8-) (because im looking for a 1 year MBA), but i dont mind HBS, Wharton or anything in Top 10.

I am looking forward to get 700 mark in GMAT. I have ordered following books for preparations

1. GMAT OG 12
2. OG Verbal review
3. OG Quantitative review
4. Manhattan series of 8 strategy books.
5. Power score Critical reasoning Bible.

The only diagnostic test (GMAT Prep 1) which i have taken so far has clearly indicated my weakness in verbal section :shock: . My plan is to start with Manhattan SC & Power score CR. Not too sure what i can do for RC as im having issue with my concentration level when im going though the passage :cry: . Then once i have grasp on Verbal, i think im gonna attack Quantitative mainly from OG's.(i believe quantitative is my forte, as it used to be 5 years back :-D )

I would like to get some comments & feedbacks on the planned strategy. Please feel free to give some :wink:

Hi Saadat, welcome to the club.

Check this thread out
best-gmat-strategy-thread-no-discussion-82453.html.

Your strategy & tools seem great to me. I am also from Pak, do let me know in case of any help required.

Best of luck & keep us posted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear all,

I'm a new member in the forum and I'm counting on your precious help in what I called the "MBA Project".
I'm a new graduate, I got a master degree in management with a special focus in Finance. I just found a new job in Finance (of course) and I'm planning to apply for the MBA in the next 3 years (as I heard that most of the BS require at least 3 years working experience).
I know it may seem too soon but I want to spend these 3 years in intense preparation for the GMAT as it's the biggest obstacle facing me in order to achieve my goal. Like everybody, I would like to get the best MBAs, my only concern is that the last time that I had a fake GMAT test, I barely got above 500... I got weaknesses in every part especially in verbal part, as you may have noticed in my way of writing, english isn't my mother tongue and not even my second language, it's only the third... and all the stylistic figures of the language are very hard for me to catch...

I bought a preparation book and I also read a lot more in english in order to improve my writing and my language sensivity (if I can say that)... But could you please give me some more tips? Which book is the best to overcome all my issues? I guess that I'm not the only one in this situation...

Thank you all ;)

Mumusette
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Mumusette wrote:
Dear all,

I'm a new member in the forum and I'm counting on your precious help in what I called the "MBA Project".
I'm a new graduate, I got a master degree in management with a special focus in Finance. I just found a new job in Finance (of course) and I'm planning to apply for the MBA in the next 3 years (as I heard that most of the BS require at least 3 years working experience).
I know it may seem too soon but I want to spend these 3 years in intense preparation for the GMAT as it's the biggest obstacle facing me in order to achieve my goal. Like everybody, I would like to get the best MBAs, my only concern is that the last time that I had a fake GMAT test, I barely got above 500... I got weaknesses in every part especially in verbal part, as you may have noticed in my way of writing, english isn't my mother tongue and not even my second language, it's only the third... and all the stylistic figures of the language are very hard for me to catch...

I bought a preparation book and I also read a lot more in english in order to improve my writing and my language sensivity (if I can say that)... But could you please give me some more tips? Which book is the best to overcome all my issues? I guess that I'm not the only one in this situation...

Thank you all ;)

Mumusette

Hi Mumusette, welcome to gmat club!! :) This is the best gmat community with tons of resources available. I think 3 years is a big time period to study for gmat. Infact 3 months are quite sufficient.
Kindly do check these threads for more details, these will help you alot.

Start your journey & read this thread
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best gmat books analysis
best-gmat-books-77703.html

Best GMAT CAT analysis
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Best test prep companies offer great discounts to the gmat club community, you can check this page for more details. https://gmatclub.com/marketplace/

Apart from these, all sort of information is available on separte forums here. Jump in the sea & you will get the maximum benefit.

Best of luck & keep us posted. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
For the verbal practice, as a wise member of the gmat club once posted: don't run before you can walk.
So I would advise doing both readings (the economist, Financial times, etc... maybe books as sggested in the "Gmat fiction" section), and going through grammar (the gmat club grammar is a good one to (re)fresh
Good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Hi all, I am a final year B.tech student, currently experiencing nervous breakdown due to work overload ( placements, projects, GMAT, Apllications, Extra curriculars). (But i must also state that GMAT and the application process has been a revelation!! I din't know myself until now!!! ) I would like to get into stanford GSB and nowhere but stanford! i love their enterprising attitude and "free spirit" culture.
Wish me luck :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
luck :p
work hard on your gmat!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Greetings everybody!

As a novice in the GMAT-world I am both pleased and grateful to have found my way here. I am a sophomore at a university in Sweden, thus my native language is – big surprise – not English. I have been granted a semester abroad (The land down under) where I hope to improve my spoken and written English.

My intention is to start my preparations for the notorious GMAT in a not too distant future; however, not before I return back to Sweden. Then why have I joined you guys almost a year before my life will be enriched by GMAT-studies? Well, the simple answer would be: Time is key. I do not wish to feel that I started way to late and underestimate what it means to study for this test.

I hope that I will learn a lot from you guys, be active here in the discussions; and who knows, someday in the bright future I might be able to guide someone else who is in the same spot as I currently am. (Excuse me if my grammar is a bit off, it has been a while since I wrote in English)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools:LBS, HEC Paris, Richard Ivey, ESCP Europe, Duke
Send PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I wish I had known about this marvelous site earlier on my "preparation", I have my first GMAT tomorrow!!, of course I'm planning to cancel the results because I just realized I know almost nothing!! I've been studying for 2 months now, and I really don’t feel I’m ready.
The truth is that I had it very difficult since I have a Fashion Design background and hadn’t used my math skills for over 6 years since I finished high school. So it has taken me a lot of work getting to familiarize again with math. Now after 2 months of hard work I know that I have to work even harder to get the score I want; I have to practice, practice, and practice.
I think that after tomorrow when I see what the exam is all about I’ll feel more confident, I will have lost my money, but at least I won’t be that stressed the next time.
So now that I’ve been reading all the insight on a good preparation for the test, I think I can achieve a good score in 3 months, I will follow the study plan and focus in all the things that are still blurry to me.
I hope that with all the resources from the club I’ll score a 700.
Wish me luck!!
Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi - don't cancel the results!
Take it - even if you get 400, it does not matter too much - see this post: gmat-scores-83890.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, thanks for the advice!
I'm afraid I'll do very very bad and it will be in my record forever!!
You say canceling if definitely not an option, ok, but in that case I shouldn't give the school codes so they send my score, right?
I'm so new at this!!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
You are welcome not to put any school codes in. The gmat score is self-reported, which means they only verify the score and don't really pay attention to your previous ones. Frankly - if you get a 350 and then a 700, it is only a story to tell and a tremendous growth opportunity, so go ahead, relax, take the test, and keep the score!!! Don't cancel.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Hi!
Welcome to the club! :)

you are on a right path joining our 100k members community.

Please see this threads, they will help you to orient in your GMAT jorney:
Study plan: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301
Best books(review): best-gmat-books-77703.html
All practice tests: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?highlight=ml502 One of the most realiable tests is GMATprep - download it from mba.com

Gmatclub tests: hardest quantative problems for 48+ score https://gmatclub.com/tests/

On-line courses from different companies: gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html

don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
drisss wrote:
luck :p
work hard on your gmat!!!

Thanks!! will post my scores and dates soon :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Finance
GMAT Date: 08-25-2012
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi - After many years of delaying it, I'm finally taking the GMAT in March. I'm self-studying because my boyfriend had a disastrous run with the LSAT and Princeton Review - so I figure I'll save my mom the $1,200 - take the test once just studying alone, if I bomb, we're out $250 and then I'll pay for the class. If I do well (700+) then I've saved us money that can go to better purposes.

Anyway - this is proving to be a great resource and I'm sure I'll be back often.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ame84 wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I wish I had known about this marvelous site earlier on my "preparation", I have my first GMAT tomorrow!!, of course I'm planning to cancel the results because I just realized I know almost nothing!! I've been studying for 2 months now, and I really don’t feel I’m ready.
The truth is that I had it very difficult since I have a Fashion Design background and hadn’t used my math skills for over 6 years since I finished high school. So it has taken me a lot of work getting to familiarize again with math. Now after 2 months of hard work I know that I have to work even harder to get the score I want; I have to practice, practice, and practice.
I think that after tomorrow when I see what the exam is all about I’ll feel more confident, I will have lost my money, but at least I won’t be that stressed the next time.
So now that I’ve been reading all the insight on a good preparation for the test, I think I can achieve a good score in 3 months, I will follow the study plan and focus in all the things that are still blurry to me.
Wish me luck!!
Thanks!

Hi there, it's me again.
I had my GMAT exam yesterday and it was: oh so bad!
I got the worst possible grade, even worse than I imagined, I’m shocked it could go so wrong.
When the test started I forgot everything I studied, I was more preoccupied about the time that making a good process to answer the questions correctly (quantitative); and in verbal, I had to guess the last 7 questions, because I was running out of time!! Terrible.
Now, it’s like I'm back at the beginning, the approach I made two months ago with my studying was obviously wrong.
I have to start all over again, but this time I would like to ask you guys, who are experts in these sorts of things, where to start (?)!!!
Where would someone that studied Fashion Design start their study plan for the GMAT??
I got a private tutor before, but he only teached me like the basics of math so I could remember what is all about, I remember, but now I need to start thinking of it like the GMAT guys do, so, where do I read that?? Where can I learn that?? Who can help me?!!! LOL!!
Well I hope one of you is so kind to illustrate the way for me, because as of now, I feel like a total ignorant of this exam!
Thank you!!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
ame84 wrote:
ame84 wrote:
Wish me luck!!
Thanks!

Hi there, it's me again.
I had my GMAT exam yesterday and it was: oh so bad!
I got the worst possible grade, even worse than I imagined, I’m shocked it could go so wrong.
When the test started I forgot everything I studied, I was more preoccupied about the time that making a good process to answer the questions correctly (quantitative); and in verbal, I had to guess the last 7 questions, because I was running out of time!! Terrible.
Now, it’s like I'm back at the beginning, the approach I made two months ago with my studying was obviously wrong.
I have to start all over again, but this time I would like to ask you guys, who are experts in these sorts of things, where to start (?)!!!
Where would someone that studied Fashion Design start their study plan for the GMAT??
I got a private tutor before, but he only teached me like the basics of math so I could remember what is all about, I remember, but now I need to start thinking of it like the GMAT guys do, so, where do I read that?? Where can I learn that?? Who can help me?!!! LOL!!
Well I hope one of you is so kind to illustrate the way for me, because as of now, I feel like a total ignorant of this exam!
Thank you!!

Hi ame84, sad to know your experience.

Just check this thread should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  66