GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 03:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2010, 00:43
Just wanted to say "Hi" to all.This is my first post on gmatclub. I'm a little overwhelmed given the quantity of information and the number of forums here,but I am glad I came across this. Hope I'll find the community here useful!
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2010, 02:55
Hi foofighter5, welcome to gmat club! :)

There is tons of info available here. Just jump in the sea.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
Schools: LSE - Harvard BS

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2010, 08:51
Hello everybody!
I am an undergraduate student and I live in Italy. I just discovered the GMAT Club website and I wish I had discovered it before. I gave the forum a quick look and I was surprised by how useful it is. I just took my 1st GMAT two days ago with a disappointing 580 (Q44 V27) and now I look forward to improve a lot since I am aiming at Top BS so for at least 680-700.
That's a long way to go but I am determinated; I hope to learn a lot from you guys and that my experience could be useful also to others! :D
It seems I first need to improve my Verbal skills.. what are your suggestions? And in what time, in your opinion, I could achieve my target-score?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2010, 11:29
Hi Everyone,
I'm a 28 y/o male engineer in Toronto. I've just started studying for the GMAT a few weeks ago using the Kaplan premiere book. I was looking for GMAT study tips and found this website, which I believe will be indispensable to achieving my goal of 680-700 score.

I'm looking forward to explore this massive repository of GMAT information!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2010, 03:38
Hi all,

Recently joined the great GMAT Club.
This is Saadat from Pakistan. I have bachelors degree in engineering & 5 years+ international experience in Oil & Gas sector. I am aiming at Top-10 B-Schools with INSEAD as my first love 8-) (because im looking for a 1 year MBA), but i dont mind HBS, Wharton or anything in Top 10.

I am looking forward to get 700 mark in GMAT. I have ordered following books for preparations

1. GMAT OG 12
2. OG Verbal review
3. OG Quantitative review
4. Manhattan series of 8 strategy books.
5. Power score Critical reasoning Bible.

The only diagnostic test (GMAT Prep 1) which i have taken so far has clearly indicated my weakness in verbal section :shock: . My plan is to start with Manhattan SC & Power score CR. Not too sure what i can do for RC as im having issue with my concentration level when im going though the passage :cry: . Then once i have grasp on Verbal, i think im gonna attack Quantitative mainly from OG's.(i believe quantitative is my forte, as it used to be 5 years back :-D )

I would like to get some comments & feedbacks on the planned strategy. Please feel free to give some :wink:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Boston College, MIT, BU, IIM, UCLA, Babson, Brown

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2010, 19:27
Hi guys,
I am finishing up my BS in Information Technology this December and am planning to take the GMAT early January. I am aiming for a score anywhere between 750 and 800 and depending on my score I will either decide to do my MBA right away in a good B-School around Boston or start working and get some essential work experience and then apply after a couple of years. I think this is a great forum and club for like minded people trying to achieve similar goals.
Cheers to all!

JD
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 15:30
This forum is just awesome, it provides an awfull lot of info. I hope I will be able to contribute once the test taken.

If you find the post useful, don't be shy and Kudo me ;)

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE: Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2010, 00:02
Found this club in August. I was a lurker until recently.

Will be applying Fall 2011.
Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 00:36
Smartfox wrote:
Hello everybody!
I am an undergraduate student and I live in Italy. I just discovered the GMAT Club website and I wish I had discovered it before. I gave the forum a quick look and I was surprised by how useful it is. I just took my 1st GMAT two days ago with a disappointing 580 (Q44 V27) and now I look forward to improve a lot since I am aiming at Top BS so for at least 680-700.
That's a long way to go but I am determinated; I hope to learn a lot from you guys and that my experience could be useful also to others! :D
It seems I first need to improve my Verbal skills.. what are your suggestions? And in what time, in your opinion, I could achieve my target-score?

Hi smartfox, welcome to the club! :)

I think you should go for a second attempt within 3 months, so that you may not lose your track. Check this thread for your retake
should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html

Also, for polishing the verbal skills, practice is the key. Check these threads
720-q42-v47-how-to-improve-verbal-tips-50635.html
books-to-read-improve-verbal-score-and-enjoy-a-good-read-76079.html

As I mentioned earlier, 3 months is an ideal period to reach your target score.

[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 00:39
explora82 wrote:
Hi all,

Recently joined the great GMAT Club.
This is Saadat from Pakistan. I have bachelors degree in engineering & 5 years+ international experience in Oil & Gas sector. I am aiming at Top-10 B-Schools with INSEAD as my first love 8-) (because im looking for a 1 year MBA), but i dont mind HBS, Wharton or anything in Top 10.

I am looking forward to get 700 mark in GMAT. I have ordered following books for preparations

1. GMAT OG 12
2. OG Verbal review
3. OG Quantitative review
4. Manhattan series of 8 strategy books.
5. Power score Critical reasoning Bible.

The only diagnostic test (GMAT Prep 1) which i have taken so far has clearly indicated my weakness in verbal section :shock: . My plan is to start with Manhattan SC & Power score CR. Not too sure what i can do for RC as im having issue with my concentration level when im going though the passage :cry: . Then once i have grasp on Verbal, i think im gonna attack Quantitative mainly from OG's.(i believe quantitative is my forte, as it used to be 5 years back :-D )

I would like to get some comments & feedbacks on the planned strategy. Please feel free to give some :wink:

Hi Saadat, welcome to the club.

Check this thread out
best-gmat-strategy-thread-no-discussion-82453.html.

Your strategy & tools seem great to me. I am also from Pak, do let me know in case of any help required.

I Can, I Will

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 03:06
Dear all,

I'm a new member in the forum and I'm counting on your precious help in what I called the "MBA Project".
I'm a new graduate, I got a master degree in management with a special focus in Finance. I just found a new job in Finance (of course) and I'm planning to apply for the MBA in the next 3 years (as I heard that most of the BS require at least 3 years working experience).
I know it may seem too soon but I want to spend these 3 years in intense preparation for the GMAT as it's the biggest obstacle facing me in order to achieve my goal. Like everybody, I would like to get the best MBAs, my only concern is that the last time that I had a fake GMAT test, I barely got above 500... I got weaknesses in every part especially in verbal part, as you may have noticed in my way of writing, english isn't my mother tongue and not even my second language, it's only the third... and all the stylistic figures of the language are very hard for me to catch...

I bought a preparation book and I also read a lot more in english in order to improve my writing and my language sensivity (if I can say that)... But could you please give me some more tips? Which book is the best to overcome all my issues? I guess that I'm not the only one in this situation...

Thank you all ;)

Mumusette
Retired Moderator
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 03:20
Mumusette wrote:
Dear all,

I'm a new member in the forum and I'm counting on your precious help in what I called the "MBA Project".
I'm a new graduate, I got a master degree in management with a special focus in Finance. I just found a new job in Finance (of course) and I'm planning to apply for the MBA in the next 3 years (as I heard that most of the BS require at least 3 years working experience).
I know it may seem too soon but I want to spend these 3 years in intense preparation for the GMAT as it's the biggest obstacle facing me in order to achieve my goal. Like everybody, I would like to get the best MBAs, my only concern is that the last time that I had a fake GMAT test, I barely got above 500... I got weaknesses in every part especially in verbal part, as you may have noticed in my way of writing, english isn't my mother tongue and not even my second language, it's only the third... and all the stylistic figures of the language are very hard for me to catch...

I bought a preparation book and I also read a lot more in english in order to improve my writing and my language sensivity (if I can say that)... But could you please give me some more tips? Which book is the best to overcome all my issues? I guess that I'm not the only one in this situation...

Thank you all ;)

Mumusette

Hi Mumusette, welcome to gmat club!! :) This is the best gmat community with tons of resources available. I think 3 years is a big time period to study for gmat. Infact 3 months are quite sufficient.
Kindly do check these threads for more details, these will help you alot.

Start your journey & read this thread
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best gmat books analysis
best-gmat-books-77703.html

Best GMAT CAT analysis
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Best test prep companies offer great discounts to the gmat club community, you can check this page for more details. http://gmatclub.com/marketplace/

Apart from these, all sort of information is available on separte forums here. Jump in the sea & you will get the maximum benefit.

Best of luck & keep us posted. :)

I Can, I Will

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 04:35
For the verbal practice, as a wise member of the gmat club once posted: don't run before you can walk.
So I would advise doing both readings (the economist, Financial times, etc... maybe books as sggested in the "Gmat fiction" section), and going through grammar (the gmat club grammar is a good one to (re)fresh
Good luck

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 23:26
Hi all, I am a final year B.tech student, currently experiencing nervous breakdown due to work overload ( placements, projects, GMAT, Apllications, Extra curriculars). (But i must also state that GMAT and the application process has been a revelation!! I din't know myself until now!!! ) I would like to get into stanford GSB and nowhere but stanford! i love their enterprising attitude and "free spirit" culture.
Wish me luck :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2010, 07:44
luck :p
work hard on your gmat!!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2010, 10:24
Greetings everybody!

As a novice in the GMAT-world I am both pleased and grateful to have found my way here. I am a sophomore at a university in Sweden, thus my native language is – big surprise – not English. I have been granted a semester abroad (The land down under) where I hope to improve my spoken and written English.

My intention is to start my preparations for the notorious GMAT in a not too distant future; however, not before I return back to Sweden. Then why have I joined you guys almost a year before my life will be enriched by GMAT-studies? Well, the simple answer would be: Time is key. I do not wish to feel that I started way to late and underestimate what it means to study for this test.

I hope that I will learn a lot from you guys, be active here in the discussions; and who knows, someday in the bright future I might be able to guide someone else who is in the same spot as I currently am. (Excuse me if my grammar is a bit off, it has been a while since I wrote in English)
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS, HEC Paris, Richard Ivey, ESCP Europe, Duke

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2010, 21:53
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I wish I had known about this marvelous site earlier on my "preparation", I have my first GMAT tomorrow!!, of course I'm planning to cancel the results because I just realized I know almost nothing!! I've been studying for 2 months now, and I really don’t feel I’m ready.
The truth is that I had it very difficult since I have a Fashion Design background and hadn’t used my math skills for over 6 years since I finished high school. So it has taken me a lot of work getting to familiarize again with math. Now after 2 months of hard work I know that I have to work even harder to get the score I want; I have to practice, practice, and practice.
I think that after tomorrow when I see what the exam is all about I’ll feel more confident, I will have lost my money, but at least I won’t be that stressed the next time.
So now that I’ve been reading all the insight on a good preparation for the test, I think I can achieve a good score in 3 months, I will follow the study plan and focus in all the things that are still blurry to me.
I hope that with all the resources from the club I’ll score a 700.
Wish me luck!!
Thanks!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2010, 21:56
Hi - don't cancel the results!
Take it - even if you get 400, it does not matter too much - see this post: gmat-scores-83890.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS, HEC Paris, Richard Ivey, ESCP Europe, Duke

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2010, 22:50
Hi, thanks for the advice!
I'm afraid I'll do very very bad and it will be in my record forever!!
You say canceling if definitely not an option, ok, but in that case I shouldn't give the school codes so they send my score, right?
I'm so new at this!!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2010, 23:29
You are welcome not to put any school codes in. The gmat score is self-reported, which means they only verify the score and don't really pay attention to your previous ones. Frankly - if you get a 350 and then a 700, it is only a story to tell and a tremendous growth opportunity, so go ahead, relax, take the test, and keep the score!!! Don't cancel.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 08 Dec 2010, 23:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  67    Next  [ 1328 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap