Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honors Society, FINRA Securities Licenses, CA Insurance Licenses
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE:Sales (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1305 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GPA: 3.82
WE:Account Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hey everyone!

I'm Patricia. I graduated in 2010 and now work in a rotational leadership management program at a large insurance/financial services company. My goal is 700+ but ideally 720+. My top choices are Sloan, Columbia, HBS, Berkeley, possibly Stern/Yale/ or another 5th! Good GPA in college, ex.division 1 athlete, still playing competitively in the sport, etc. I am taking a diag for the gmat but I scored pretty high on LSAT (albeit a very different test) so I'm feeling pretty positive. Hoping to take the actual test around Jan 2012.

Good luck to everyone!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,
where do i start? i love the site! okay, i'm pretty new to the site but i love what i've read so far... it's encouraging to see people extending digital hands to help one another and i think most of the topics discussed are hands on. i intend to acquire an mba from stephen ross school of business in michigan and i've written the gmat twice now (420, 590) i intend to join the 700 club very soon and possibly give advice about my experience. now, ive studied different gmat books (mcgraw hill's '09, kaplan '09, pearson '09) can't seem to get any recent books. i wonder if my score's low because i'm studying outdated books or should i just continue till i get there? i mean the gmat isn't that hard, just tricky. plus i was wondering if any members might be kind enough to mail me a more recent gmat book he/her might not be using? i'd be glad to pay for shipping/mailing cost, etc. i find studying online a little uncomfortable...hurts my eyes.
my mailing address is 'torkuma gbaa, pmb 2122 jos, plateau state, nigeria' thank you all for your time.
ps
a majority of members seem to mention the manhattan gmat prep book alot. is it really that good?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,
what can i say? i love the site! ok, i'm pretty new to it but i love what i've read so far...it's encouraging to see members extending digital hands helping one another. i intend to do an mba at the stephen ross school of business in michigan and i also intend to join the 700 club. i've written the gmat twice (410, 590) i've also read a couple of books (pearson '09, kaplan '09, mcgraw hill's '09) and i'm wondering if my low scores are because of my outdated books or should i just keep on till i get there? i was also wondering if there are any members out there willing to give me a recent book? (they're a little hard to come by) i'm willing to pay for shipping/mailing etc. i'm also not one for monitor reading...it hurts my eyes. my mailing address is 'torkuma gbaa, pmb 2122 jos, plateau state, nigeria' thank you all for your time.
ps
a majority of members mention the manhattan gmat as a good prep book. is it really that good or is it just cheap advertising?
Current Student
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honors Society, FINRA Securities Licenses, CA Insurance Licenses
Send PM
torkumagbaa wrote:
Hi,
where do i start? i love the site! okay, i'm pretty new to the site but i love what i've read so far... it's encouraging to see people extending digital hands to help one another and i think most of the topics discussed are hands on. i intend to acquire an mba from stephen ross school of business in michigan and i've written the gmat twice now (420, 590) i intend to join the 700 club very soon and possibly give advice about my experience. now, ive studied different gmat books (mcgraw hill's '09, kaplan '09, pearson '09) can't seem to get any recent books. i wonder if my score's low because i'm studying outdated books or should i just continue till i get there? i mean the gmat isn't that hard, just tricky. plus i was wondering if any members might be kind enough to mail me a more recent gmat book he/her might not be using? i'd be glad to pay for shipping/mailing cost, etc. i find studying online a little uncomfortable...hurts my eyes.
my mailing address is 'torkuma gbaa, pmb 2122 jos, plateau state, nigeria' thank you all for your time.
ps
a majority of members seem to mention the manhattan gmat prep book alot. is it really that good?

I would say that the MGMAT books are pretty good, I have been reading through them recently myself. At least I have heard that "Number Properties, Sentence Correction, Reading Comp, and Word Translations" are must reads. Along with that I am reading Powerscore CR Bible and Total GMAT Math
Current Student
Send PM
alanshore wrote:
Hey everyone!

I'm Patricia. I graduated in 2010 and now work in a rotational leadership management program at a large insurance/financial services company. My goal is 700+ but ideally 720+. My top choices are Sloan, Columbia, HBS, Berkeley, possibly Stern/Yale/ or another 5th! Good GPA in college, ex.division 1 athlete, still playing competitively in the sport, etc. I am taking a diag for the gmat but I scored pretty high on LSAT (albeit a very different test) so I'm feeling pretty positive. Hoping to take the actual test around Jan 2012.

Good luck to everyone!!

You sound like a great candidate!! So you took the LSAT? Are you looking into doing JD/MBA programs? Or what made you decide not to pursue law school?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
First of all, I would like to say that I am really glad to be a member of this club,

I have a bachelor's degree in Finance and a minor in accounting and I would like to pursue my master's degree. I would like to know every helpful tip that would help me study and pass the test. I am really grateful and thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Mo
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I came to this site through a friend's recommendation as she was also studying for the GMAT. She has since taken her test and in school now. I've been visiting every day for the last 2 weeks and have practiced 10-20 SC a day.

I graduated in 2008 with a BS in Business Administration. Been working full-time in the marketing department, more recently, for online projects. About to work as lead to relaunch our site. I've wanted to start studying for the GMAT since I've graduated, but it's been on and off. It's time I moved on and moved up in my career and getting an MBA will make that happen.

I want to go to one of the Top 50 schools, preferably one of the ones in Southern California, scoring something with 700, or very, very, high 600s. I am hopeful for USC. Would like UCLA, and would entertain out of state, provided my score.

I took my second diagnostic test yesterday, and did terrible. Low 400s. I realize that my quantitative is beyond terrible, I could barely do most of the problems, which brought my score down. RC and CR are my stronger assets, scoring in the "Above Average" category. I thought SC with all my practicing would be better, but it was terrible. Even if I managed to get half right on Quant, I would still be in 500s.

My goal is to be able to take my first test in late Dec/early Jan, and fit in 2 or 3 more if needed before the test change in June 2012.

I feel like I need to change my strategy or something. I work full time, have a 4 hour drive each day, in which I look through my idioms list or review quant notecards. I get home, and plan to study between 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours, especially realizing how poorly I did, EVEN with prior studying.

I am mostly working off MGMAT. I have 2 Kaplans and 11th and 12th edition of the OG.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome Azn1x6flame!

Great to have you here and thank you for the intro - nice to meet you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
hi there,
I'm new to this forum but i've been lurking around here for so long reading everyone's posts the past few months.
I've decided to start preparing for the GMAT. I'm qualified to take the EMBA but it's so expensive that I'd rather take the long route.

I'm here to ask for guidance - steps I need to take before buying all the books.

Hope you guys understand. :)

Siena
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V27
GPA: 2.96
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Hello Everyone

I came to GMATclub through a recommendation on my twitter. Started looking at the forums and started realizing how beneficial this could be for me

I graduated just recently in June 2011 with a BA in Business Administration, focus in Management at California State University, San Bernardino. I've been working full time as a business manager of a small commercial restaurant appliance repair business for the past 2 years, and will make 3 in September. After things broke off with my ex-girlfriend and I towards the end of my last school year, the GMAT came into mind as I knew I wanted to do more with my education. I've signed up for Manhattan GMAT personal tutoring with one of my professors at CSUSB, which I start tomorrow so I am pretty excited.

I know that I will be aiming high and may dissapoint myself, but the way I look at it, it can't hurt to try. I have been looking at Foster's program at UW and am familiar to the Seattle area. I'm ready to get out of Palm Springs, CA, and Washington is a solid #1 choice for me. My GPA isn't the greatest; I went to 4 universities and did the fraternity thing but started getting serious about my school work my junior and senior year. I held a 3.5 GPA at CSUSB (with a 2 hour roundtrip commute and working 8 hours a day and 6 hours of class per day). Unfortunately, due to my time that I wasn't really serious at my other schools, my cumulative is only 2.96.

I took my first diagnostic test in June on MGMAT, and scored a 550. I scored both a 33 in quant and 33 in verbal. I realize that my quantitative isn't that great, but part of my problem is I need to brush up on my old math. The verbal, I believe that once I get used to the strategies and practice more I can do much better. My biggest problem I believe is fulfilling my potential. I've always had it, but I usually always choose the lazy way out. The GMAT and more importantly, the preperation for the GMAT I am looking to expose my utmost potential.

I am planning on taking the GMAT on December 3rd, and fit in a few more if needed before the test change in June 2012. I suppose I am looking for around a 650 first time up; Aiming high, however I think with my motivation it's possible to do. A second test I would look to break the 700's.

Since I am starting my private tutoring on Thursday through my old professor who teaches via Manhattan, I have all of the Manhattan study guides.

Wish me luck, and hope to be a good part of the forum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 229 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Hello folks

I've been using the site intermittently for a month or so, just saw this post and thought of introducing myself :)

I've done my Bachelors in Electronics and Telecommunication from Mumbai, India in 2007 and have since been working in an IT company in India. I've worked in the UK for an year as well (hope this proves useful somewhere down the line). I decided to appear for the GMAT last year end when I felt I needed a change from the routine work I've been doing since the past few years.
So, here I am, preparing for the tough feat to do my best - hope to get a good score (preferably in the latter 700s). I'll be appearing in November so got nearly a month and a half to prepare. I guess that's all for the moment, will keep sharing things as and when they come up.

Till then, all the best folks!

Sudish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hey Guys,
With the all the rave reviews i`ve been reading from people here about the gmatclub,it feels good to be at a place that is widely accepted as this !
I intend on giving the GMAT this year,mostly in the second week of December.
Background has been in Civil Engg.,so there`s been quite a bit of number crunching done in the past.
I seriously wish to break in to the 700+ bracket.

Here`s my Plan for the coming two months :
<Kindly tweak this if need be for better strategies to be incorporated>

1)Firstly Verbal : around 24-25 days (Starting Today)
2)Second of all dealing with Quant : around 24-25 days same as verbal.
3)With studies going parallely,i hope to do some extensive reading and writing work to build on my verbal skills.
4)At the end of the study period,i hope to go through all the problems that i faced while preparing and give it a quick revision.
5)For the remaining 10-20 days only Paper practice.

Am using OG 12 for my preparation.
If there is any thing else,i should bear in my mind while preparing kindly let me know.
Also,since am not taking any sort of Classes or coaching for GMAT,am doing it all by myself,so need to check myself on where am going wrong.
Also,where could i get more free tests from to get more practice ?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hey folks,

I'm new here too! I've been lurking for a little bit but felt I would go ahead and sign up! I went to UCLA and am currently prepping for the GMAT in December!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome SimonPhase!
Good luck on the GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everybody,

I am newbie here from London, Uk. I find your community is very interesting and useful so i joined. Thanks you very much for allowing me to stay here.

Regards,
Martin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 496 [0]
Given Kudos: 161
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Business Development
Send PM
We are all happy to have you. Welcome aboard.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 592
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Schulich
GPA: 3.89
WE:Research (Education)
Send PM
Hello everyone...

I am from Bangladesh, have completed MBA from university of Dhaka major in Marketing. I really want to study in Canada. My target is 650+. I am studying Kaplan and OG. Hopefully I will sit for GMAT at the end of December.

GMAT Club helps me a lot by providing recent information. Thanks to Gmat club.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  66