Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72870 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
stev3 wrote:
Hi, new here, just registered actually

Graduated with a BA in economics and sociology in 2010, planning on taking the gmat before it changes in June, hopefully I can gain a lot of tips from the users on this forum.

I haven't picked up a book since and feel out of place, and will probably need a lot of help on this, I have the Official Guide 12th edition and trying out the diagnostics and I can't remember how to interpret many of these questions and feel like I am just playing a guessing game, any tips would help.

I am also planning on picking up the Manhattan gmat books, any insight on how I should approach these challenges that await me would be helpful.

Thanks and looking forward to reading many of threads and meeting everyone.

Welcome to the GMAT Club!
You may want to start here if you have not discovered it yet: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

As to the studying, you should pick it up quite fast since you are just out of college - your mind should be fresh, distractions few, and money little, which all tend to contribute to a good score :)

I'd recommend finishing the diagnostic or taking a practice test and heading down the path. Don't take too long to take the GMAT.

P.S. You may want to pick up a book on the MBA application process such as the MBA Game Plan by VeritasPrep to get some ideas about the overall process, commitments, and time frame.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Thank you bb for the guidance, my original plan is to take it in March, but may have to push it back to April.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hello,

I am new on this forum but I went through it many times! I found out that this is the best website ever made for helping people to attain the highest GMAT score.

I am Belgian and French (dual nationality), I am 22 and I just got my diploma at Maastricht University. I did a BSc in International Business Economics. My goal is to attain +700 at the GMAT. However I have a question concerning the GMAT. You are all taking the GMAT in order to get into one of the best b-school in the US but for a MBA while I need the GMAT for a MSc in Finance. So my question is: why is there not a Msc section? And why don't you take the european b-schools into account?

Thank you for your help!

Martin
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
martindc wrote:
Hello,

I am new on this forum but I went through it many times! I found out that this is the best website ever made for helping people to attain the highest GMAT score.

I am Belgian and French (dual nationality), I am 22 and I just got my diploma at Maastricht University. I did a BSc in International Business Economics. My goal is to attain +700 at the GMAT. However I have a question concerning the GMAT. You are all taking the GMAT in order to get into one of the best b-school in the US but for a MBA while I need the GMAT for a MSc in Finance. So my question is: why is there not a Msc section? And why don't you take the european b-schools into account?

Thank you for your help!

Martin

Welcome!

Here is the Masters of Science section: masters-of-science-programs-ms-148/

We do take the European schools into account :)
Here is the forum for that: the-b-school-application-canada-south-america-asia-australia-and-europe-106/

now a question to you - why do you use the Veritas Logo as your Avatar?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:

Welcome!

Here is the Masters of Science section: *****

We do take the European schools into account :)
Here is the forum for that: ****

now a question to you - why do you use the Veritas Logo as your Avatar?

Thank you for your answers !

Concerning the question about my avatar, I do not know. I chose this picture because I am using the Veritas Prep books but if you asked me that, it certainly means that I can't do that ? I will find something else then. Sorry
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
martindc wrote:

Concerning the question about my avatar, I do not know. I chose this picture because I am using the Veritas Prep books but if you asked me that, it certainly means that I can't do that ? I will find something else then. Sorry

Actually - no idea if you can/can't use that. We have not had an issue with it. It may be a bit confusing as people may think you are a Veritas Prep consultant or instructor :)

Did not mean to distance you, however :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
martindc wrote:

Actually - no idea if you can/can't use that. We have not had an issue with it. It may be a bit confusing as people may think you are a Veritas Prep consultant or instructor :)

Did not mean to distance you, however :)

Okay okay :-D I think it's better if I remove it!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools: University of Rochester (Simon) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Hi everybody,

I've been looking for months for a forum like this! I'm glad I found such an active forum. I'm 24, wokring at Citigroup and also attending Simon School for PMBA. I'm mainly here to get my questions answered, and at the same, provide insight to those in need.

Thanks!
Omar
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
omar72787 wrote:
Hi everybody,

I've been looking for months for a forum like this! I'm glad I found such an active forum. I'm 24, wokring at Citigroup and also attending Simon School for PMBA. I'm mainly here to get my questions answered, and at the same, provide insight to those in need.

Thanks!
Omar

Thank you Omar and welcome to GMAT Club!
I have updated your profile to reflect your current student status. Are you based in Rochester or New York?

P.S. You may want to introduce yourself here as well: simon-2012-calling-all-applicants-120717.html

and here: ask-b-school-ambassadors-128/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools: University of Rochester (Simon) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Hi bb,

I am actually based in Buffalo and commute to Rochester a few times a week for classes. It's a bit draining mainly because I have to leave immediately after work to attend class, but it'll all be worth it in the end! The commute is only an hour though so its not too bad.

And will do!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi ,

Im new to gmatclub. i am from India, working in a software industry. Planing to give Gmat in Apr-2012. I have a question here, i heard gmat is changing from Jun-2012. Is better if we give it before or after changing ??

Thanks in advance..!!

Sravan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sravan25 wrote:
Hi ,

Im new to gmatclub. i am from India, working in a software industry. Planing to give Gmat in Apr-2012. I have a question here, i heard gmat is changing from Jun-2012. Is better if we give it before or after changing ??

Thanks in advance..!!

Sravan.

Hi sravan25,

Just take a look at https://gmatclub.com/blog/2010/06/the-gm ... reasoning/

This will enlighten you a little more about the changes !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hi all,
I am equiped with an engineering degree and currently working with Credit Suisse, Pune. I am glad to find such an active forum on GMAT and look forward to get my self-study some valuable support from you guys.

I plan to take the GMAT exam in the new format with data intepretation problems post June 2012 and look to apply during the Sept-Oct months.

I am aiming a higher-700 score to cover for my average academics.
Looking for ur guidance and help.

Studying,
Aakash
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi all,
Guess this will be my new hangout place for the coming 1 or 2 years at least. I'm from Malaysia, working in a software consulting firm. Hoping to take the GMAT middle of next month, but from the looks of my progress, my chances don't look so well. Either way I'll still be trying, what's the worst that could happen anyway, other than failing?

It's nice for once to see lots of like minded people, being surrounded by people who tells me I'm crazy on a day to day basis doesn't seem to do much good for your morale.

Regards,
Calvin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Hi,
I am from India from software background, planing to give GMAT in march , my basic preparation is done and i am on 570 level, so will be using this forum to jumpstart my goal for 700+ score.

happy holidays
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 229 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
neha2785 wrote:
Hi,
I am from India from software background, planing to give GMAT in march , my basic preparation is done and i am on 570 level, so will be using this forum to jumpstart my goal for 700+ score.

happy holidays

All the very best with your preparations ... hope you get the most out of this site and share your learnings with fellow gmatclubbers ... happy learning! :)

Cheers!
Sudish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
My name is Lars.
I am from Germany but live in Hong Kong. I will try to get a 650 - 680 ++ score, since this will get me into the university of my dreams in Switzerland. I have quite a few difficulties with the American style Q questions... but I am working hard!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  66