Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.58
WE:Design (Other)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy
 Q50  V41
WE 1: Consulting - IT
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2012 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2014) [#permalink]
nava wrote:
Any international candidate with an interview call?
... still w8ing, I doubt they have extended to anyone from India .. all the forums are quiet on that front....let's hope and pray !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
I wish all of those who got interview calls congrates and good luck. For the ones who are waiting i wish you best wishes that u get a interview call..Does anyone know around how many seats the Yale silver scholar Program have or how many students they accept.

thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
NeilKC wrote:
Just got an invite. I'm a non-traditional, for those who are interested. Designer. Entrepreneur. No-name undergrad school. Average GPA. Decent GMAT.

I got to say, I'm thrilled. I am no rock-star. There's hope for the rest of you. Hold on!

3.58 GPA is not average in b-schools terms though. That's above Yale's average and way above others'. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
NeilKC wrote:
Just got an invite. I'm a non-traditional, for those who are interested. Designer. Entrepreneur. No-name undergrad school. Average GPA. Decent GMAT.

I got to say, I'm thrilled. I am no rock-star. There's hope for the rest of you. Hold on!

3.58 is not an "average" GPA and a 760 is not a "decent" GMAT. Which no-name undergrad school did you attend, Princeton??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am applying for the January round and was trying to decide whether to visit campus this November/December or not.

I live in Boston but was unable to attend the info session here. I did attend an online info session. I was wondering whether it would be worth taking a day off to go down to New Haven and do the class visits, lunch with students, etc. Ideally, I would just wait until I was invited for an interview and spend the day interviewing, touring campus, etc.

Would it look bad if I submit my application and haven't visited? Especially since I live 3 hours away. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mbarealestate wrote:
I am applying for the January round and was trying to decide whether to visit campus this November/December or not.

I live in Boston but was unable to attend the info session here. I did attend an online info session. I was wondering whether it would be worth taking a day off to go down to New Haven and do the class visits, lunch with students, etc. Ideally, I would just wait until I was invited for an interview and spend the day interviewing, touring campus, etc.

Would it look bad if I submit my application and haven't visited? Especially since I live 3 hours away. Thanks.

I'd advise you to just do it. I was in New York when I went for an interview/campus visit two years ago, and the visit itself was what made me sure that SOM was my #1 choice. When I got dinged, I realized that I needed to apply Round 1, and go to every single info session and visit possible, to show them that they were my #1. It can never hurt.

Aside: I think SOM is one of those schools that records every interaction with anyone on staff. Every time you make a phone call, talk to a receptionist or event coordinator, or write an e-mail, it's noted in your file. That's why I think the visit is a good idea.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GPA: 3.58
WE:Design (Other)
mbarealestate wrote:
3.58 is not an "average" GPA and a 760 is not a "decent" GMAT. Which no-name undergrad school did you attend, Princeton??

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound pretentious. What I meant is that my numbers put me in the running, but I'm not a standout in this field. 760 puts me in the top 20 or 30 percent and 3.58 is pretty typical at Yale. There are plenty better. As for the undergrad school - ever hear of John Brown University?

So, hang in there. Invites are still going out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
OhDenny wrote:
mbarealestate wrote:

I'd advise you to just do it. I was in New York when I went for an interview/campus visit two years ago, and the visit itself was what made me sure that SOM was my #1 choice. When I got dinged, I realized that I needed to apply Round 1, and go to every single info session and visit possible, to show them that they were my #1. It can never hurt.

Aside: I think SOM is one of those schools that records every interaction with anyone on staff. Every time you make a phone call, talk to a receptionist or event coordinator, or write an e-mail, it's noted in your file. That's why I think the visit is a good idea.

keep fingers crossed!

Originally posted by chasedreamer on 27 Oct 2011, 18:51.
Last edited by chasedreamer on 29 Oct 2011, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Mine still reads received. Does it mean they still haven't even began reviewing it?

Is there even a status such as "Under Review"?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
chasedreamer wrote:
I'm doomed. I wish I had read your words before I went to the campus visit. I think I behaved bad. I got too many questions with the adcom, and a little bit rude by asking some stupid questions that shouldn't be asked. I feel hopeless....But I will live on!!!! It's just the learning expense is a little bit too high!

Go easy on yourself. It's probably more important that you went to visit them in the first place. However, if you're gonna visit any other schools, just keep in mind as with in real life, you want to treat everyone with as much respect as possible. How you treat a front desk coordinator is indicative of how you'd treat someone's executive assistant, or analyst, and those are the people who will go out of their way to help you out. I was told this by a recent SOM grad.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
WE:Business Development (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
Hey guys -
I haven't posted on this thread before but I did receive an interview invite on Friday PM so they're definitely still coming out and I would assume they're doing them daily instead of batches.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pedrosilva wrote:
Hey guys -
I haven't posted on this thread before but I did receive an interview invite on Friday PM so they're definitely still coming out and I would assume they're doing them daily instead of batches.

Whats your status in the online app. Quite surprised mine still shows "RECEIVED". Just wondering if it changes directly to interview invite/reject?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
WE:Business Development (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
mumbai247 wrote:
Whats your status in the online app. Quite surprised mine still shows "RECEIVED". Just wondering if it changes directly to interview invite/reject?

The status changed to "Interview Requested" and then once you schedule it - it then changes again to "Interview Scheduled" with the date and time of the interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Pedrosilva. It's wait n watchI guess.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I will be driving down to New Haven in a couple of weeks for a Campus Visit (class visits, lunch with students, admissions Q&A, chat with clubs, etc).

How should I dress for the visit? I was planning on wearing a suit without a tie or slacks/button down without a tie. Obviously I'd wear a full suit w/ tie for an interview, but I was hoping to be a little more comfortable for the tour, lunch, chats, etc. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
When will this wait end???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
It's gonna be awfully tough to fill out the class if they only interview 5 or 6 people. I applied over a month ago now and I certainly expected a lot more people to be reporting invites at this point.

Does anyone have any speculation as to what's going on?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  42   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts