Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2012 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2014) [#permalink]
I got an email around 6 p.m. EST and a call from admission at 7 p.m.

Really excited and looking forward to attending SOM!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats to those with Admits! To those who got waitlisted/dinged - I totally feel for you. Don't give up, though. I've spoken to a number of reapplicants this year who are so happy that they came back for another round of punishment. I wrote a series on TheSenator's blog about my own experience, in case you want to read it: https://thesenator2014.wordpress.com/

ThoroughlyDinged wrote:
Hi,
Waitlisted. Actually I am a very different applicant from most in the sense that I am about XX years older than the average applicant. Took my GMAT two months back, and so all I had was option to apply for last rounds of few schools. The results so far have been really humbling and makes me wonder if it would actually be possible for me to get admission anywhere, with my story.

Atleast while applying, I felt that some school would connect with my reasons for MBA at this stage. Doesn't look like that though. Not sure if I was done in by the overexperience or the third round, but really not sure if I should re-attempt. My results so far :
Dinged without Interview : 4 top 10 schools
Waitlisted with Interview : Yale

Does anyone believe I stand a chance to convert my only waitlist to an admit ? Would appreciate any advice on whatever could help me. Congrats to those already admitted.

That is really tough, but I'd say that a visit would probably be the most important thing to do at this point. It sounds like it may be very far for you, but It would clearly demonstrate that you are interested in SOM and that you are taking them very seriously. You may also want to address your age and why you see a FT MBA program as the right choice for you.

Good luck.

Originally posted by OhDenny on 18 May 2012, 07:30.
Last edited by OhDenny on 01 Jun 2012, 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@OhDenny,
Thanks. Visiting is so difficult that I almost consider it out of question. As for addressing my age and experience and my reason for FT MBA right now, I submitted an additional essay for that.

Anyone experienced with how long it takes for Yale to provide an update to waitlisted applicants ? If it is too late, I would anyways be out because the F1 processing itself would not be possible in time (me an international applicant)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
For waitlist questions- the adcom seems very good about responding to email. At this point though, given the class size of Yale, one must think admissions off of the Wait List will only come on a case by case basis. Effectively, having been placed on the wait list round three, we (myself included) have been placed on the "very unlikely to get in but still a random chance to get in if, and only if, someone else decides not to come" list.

Essentially, just like on any wait list, you need to be realistic about your chances of getting in. While a chance still exists, we have missed our best chance of coming off the wait list at this point.

That said. I still firmly believe a select few of us will make it off the wait list very late. Those most sincerely committed to Yale , ie. the people who really think of Yale as their top choice (like me) should continue to do everything in their power to earn a place among the class of 2014. In my case, I simply hope I can hear a decision before I need to put my ducks in a row and head down to Duke.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.81
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.87
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Hey all. I just wanted to say that I was waitlisted R1. From what I gather from visits and talking to folks at Yale is that many, if at all, usually get off the waitlist during the summer. I know this is not much help since I too have been waiting for what seems like an interminably long wait.

So, if I don't hear back from them by July, it's time to pack up and go to Georgetown!

Congrats to all those who have made it and good luck to my fellow waitlisters.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Atleast you guys have a backup option :| , mez got none. Congrats on your admits (to other schools).
Anyone here has any idea how the international waitlisted applicants are treated - I mean there is a point beyond it becomes practically impossible to give admit even if SOM decides to, because of visa constraints.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If anyone is still looking for housing, there's a 3-story townhouse condo available, just 1.5 blocks away from the SOM campus at 130 Winchester Avenue.

Top floor: 2 bedrooms (carpeted), 1 full bathroom
Middle floor: Kitchen, dining room, living room, small bathroom
First floor: Office, washer & dryer, storage closets, and 1-car garage.

Great condition and location. Gas heat, and brand new air conditioning unit installed this year. Small cats are allowed with a security deposit.
$1500 per month.

Email <mike.tang @ gmail . com> if interested. I graduated from SOM in 2010, and it's a great apartment in the Mansfield area.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Yale Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Yale Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Yale Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Yale Forum to dive into all things related to Yale's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts