Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Fisher (Ohio) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
vigneshceg wrote:
Hello Folks,
Has anyone received any intimation from the Fisher adcom?

no news until now, i sent an email to the admission staff and they answered that i will receive news on the next three weeks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
I received an interview invite today from adcom :) Submitted my app on Oct 15th, been a month or so before I got any notification.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
cgrcrs02 wrote:
I received an interview invite today from adcom :) Submitted my app on Oct 15th, been a month or so before I got any notification.

Congratulation CGRCRS02. The interview is with ad comm members or directly a web-cam recording ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cgrcrs02 wrote:

Congratulations cgrcrs02, let us know how is the interview and good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
vigneshceg wrote:
cgrcrs02 wrote:

Congratulation CGRCRS02. The interview is with ad comm members or directly a web-cam recording ?

Thank you!! A web cam recording, have time till Dec 1st to submit it.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,

Has any body else heard back from Fisher? Are they still issuing interview invites?

Fisher is also supposed to release R1 results by Dec end, so i'm beginning to get worried
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: New deadline for University and Graduate Enrichment Fellowships
The Ohio State University Graduate School holds a competition each year for University and Graduate Enrichment Fellowships.  They recently announced an accelerated timeline for the nomination and selection process.  As a result, we have added another application deadline to ensure that eligible candidates submit in time to be considered for nomination.  Please note added deadline of November 15, if you are someone that may qualify for nomination for one of these competitive awards:

October 15 - Applicants who submit by this deadline and are offered admission earn the opportunity to receive a $1,000 professional development grant for use during the MBA program.  This can be used for international program travel, conferences, or any program related events that cause you to incur additional fees.  Furthermore, all candidates who submit applications by this deadline and are offered admission will be considered for all available fellowships, scholarships and other merit-based aid.

November 15DEADLINE for UNIVERSITY and GRADUATE ENRICHMENT FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES

December 15 - This is the priority deadline to be considered for all available fellowships, scholarships and other merit-based aid.

February 15 - This is the recommended deadline for applicants seeking any merit-based aid.  Highest value awards may no longer be available by this deadline.

April 15 - This is the final deadline for admission consideration for Autumn 2014.  Applications will be accepted after this date on a space-available basis.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: New video interview option for this year
In past years past, Fisher MBA applicants who have been invited to conduct an interview and are unable to visit us on campus have had the option of choosing a phone or Skype interview instead.  This year, if you are unable to come on campus for an in-person visit and interview, you will be asked to complete a digital/video interview.  Here is what you need to know:

• You will be able to sign up to complete your interview any day and time that is convenient for you.
  • Once you have signed up for an interview and are given your link to access the interview, you will be given 10 days to complete it.
  • You can access the interview from your home computer, laptop, iPad or iPhone (only Apple tablets and smart phones are compatible with the software).
  • You will need access to a web camera.
  • You will be given a randomized set of 6 questions to answer and your responses to each question will be recorded.
  • You can expect the interview to take you approximately 25 minutes, depending on the length of your responses.
  • You should treat this as your formal evaluative interview, so be mindful of your appearance and what we will see in the background when we review your responses.
  • The Admissions Committee will contact you regarding next steps in the admissions process once we have had the chance to review your interview.
  • The video interview may be your only evaluative interview or you may be asked to complete a subsequent interview with a staff member or alumnus if we are in need of additional information.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: New this year – GRE or GMAT accepted
Beginning this year, the MBA program is accepting either the GRE or the GMAT to be considered for admission to the Full-Time MBA program.  That being said, the GMAT is the only standardized test that was specifically designed to help predict success in core MBA classes.  If you have not taken either test and you are debating about which one to take, we do prefer the GMAT.  If, on the other hand, you have already taken the GRE, by all means feel free to submit those scores with your MBA application.

Since we have not been accepting the GRE for a long time, we do not have historic data to provide with respect to class averages or score ranges.  What I can tell you is that the average GMAT of the class of 2014 was a 667.  If you take a quick look at the comparison tool below, you can get an idea of how GRE scores compare to GMAT scores.  This is obviously just a rough guide, but may help to give you some insight into the score ranges we will be looking for.  For additional information on Fisher’s test score requirements, click here.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: Visit and Interview during Fisher Season Premiere!
Fisher Season Premiere is our exclusive preview weekend for the 2013-2014 application season and will be held this year on Saturday, November 2.  Fisher Season Premiere enables you to learn about the benefits of the Fisher MBA program at The Ohio State University and gives you the chance to participate in a variety of activities, including:

• an MBA program overview
  • tips and insight into the application process and financial aid opportunities
  • a case discussion led by a Fisher faculty member
  • luncheon with Fisher faculty and staff
  • a career management overview
  • team building activity with other prospective Fisher students
  • social networking events with current students and alumni
In addition, as a Premiere attendee you will receive the following:

• guaranteed admissions interview
  • up to two nights hotel stay in downtown Columbus (for out of town attendees only)
  • food and transportation in Columbus
Fisher Season Premiere is an invitation-only event.  All participants are automatically granted an evaluative admissions interview which can be scheduled on Friday, November 1 or Monday, November 4 for your convenience.  If you are unable to conduct your interview during the Premiere weekend, you will be able to schedule it at another time during the application season.

Request an invitation to Premiere today – interest has been strong so far and spots are getting filled quickly!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: Introducing our newest Recruiting and Admissions staff member
Meet Rebecca Zurek, Assistant Director of Recruiting and Admissions!

BS Psychology – SUNY College at Cortland, 2010

Master of Labor and Human Resources- The Ohio State University, 2012

Prior to joining the Admissions team at Fisher, Rebecca earned a Bachelor of Science from SUNY College at Cortland and a Master of Labor and Human Resources from The Ohio State University. While working at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in their Global Training & Development department following graduation, Rebecca found herself drawn back to the Ohio State campus for recruiting events. She soon realized that her passion was to help recruit for the very programs that made an impact on her while she was at the university!

Prior to moving to Ohio, Rebecca grew up living on opposite sides of the country in both central New York and the lower part of Alaska. While completing her undergraduate degree she worked in a Psychophysiology Research Laboratory and ran intercollegiate Track & Field as a multi-event heptathlete. As a runner who is from small towns, Rebecca now enjoys jogging around town and exploring all of the wonderful things that Columbus city has to offer!

A few of her favorite things:

Place in Columbus: The Ohio State University Oval, The Short North District, Goodale Park

Restaurant: Ray Ray’s Barbeque Pit, Wildflower Café, Skillet

TV Show: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Skins

Food: Both coffee and cheese play large roles in her diet

Book: City of Glass by Paul Austere, 1984 by George Orwell, and anything written by William Shakespeare

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
When I checked my application today, I find that the status has been changed to Interview requested.
I haven`t received any e-mail communication on the regards. Does anyone face the same issue ?
I have sent an e-mail to Adcomm team asking for more information.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Send PM
Sounds like they are making headway on R2 then. Based on info trawled from old forums, I wouldn't worry, it seems they tend to complete the screening for interviews near the cut-off date for app submission in the next cycle (thus you could expect a formal interview request this week or next). I checked mine and I am still submitted... but I would love to hear a ding/interview soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was invited to interview after two months of waiting, i will do it as soon as possible, i have until 16th of december to do it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I applied on 11/13/13 and I have still not heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone who has been interviewed has received any news????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
I got the admit mail sometime last week. I was told the scholarship info would be intimated through mail later. Anybody got their scholarship info?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts