Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
brobeedle wrote:
One more question - where on the app/in the essays can I mention that I have a Singapore PR? I want it to get noticed because it makes it a lot easier to get a job in Singapore. Any suggestions, anyone?

In the first page of you application you can select the starting campus preference.
I'm not 100% but I think you cannot spend the whole MBA at the Singapore campus. Roughly 500 start the program per intake: 300 in France and 200 in Asia. 80% spends time in both campuses (400), therefore 200 from France and the 200 from Asia must have switched campus in a given intake. I believe you can bid to make the campus switch for P3-P5 or for P4-P5 periods. The summer internship happens between P3 and P4 for the January intake. When you talk about your short and long term career goals besides mentioning, job function, industry, etc, you can say where you see yourself working post-mba.
Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
I seem to be able to enter the info, and then when I close the pdf file and re-open, it opens as a blank pdf again. Beginning to freak me out a bit now!

I am able to edit the PDFs and save them. I'm using Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.06. You can download it here https://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=JZEFU
Check system requirements though...
Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
I am able to edit the PDFs and save them. I'm using Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.06. You can download it here https://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=JZEFU
Cheers,

The same, I was working on Mac using the Preview application, but it wouldn't save properly or update the word count.

The best option, as PlastMan mentioned, is to download Adobe Reader 11 (free) whether its Mac or Windows. And use it to for a final PDF copy of essays to be uploaded to the application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ziceg wrote:
PlastMan wrote:
Cheers,

The same, I was working on Mac using the Preview application, but it wouldn't save properly or update the word count.

The best option, as PlastMan mentioned, is to download Adobe Reader 11 (free) whether its Mac or Windows. And use it to for a final PDF copy of essays to be uploaded to the application.

For some reason, I still can't seem to save a copy, even after downloading the version you guys mentioned (apparently the downloaded pdf should have an "extended" functionality, which mine doesn't seem to exhibit). Have written to INSEAD now, let's see what they say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
For some reason, I still can't seem to save a copy, even after downloading the version you guys mentioned (apparently the downloaded pdf should have an "extended" functionality, which mine doesn't seem to exhibit). Have written to INSEAD now, let's see what they say.

Boblives84, try this thing, once you have downloaded Adobe Reader 11, download the fresh(empty) pdf essay templates off INSEAD Application again, and open them with Adobe Reader 11, now copy and paste your essay text from old versions to new ones and save it, the word count should now be updated properly as well.

It worked for me, the reason was that existing essay pdfs functionality gets written off once tried to save it with some other software such as Preview for mac.

Hope it helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
unable to login to my online application via iApply - anyone else facing this problem? need to submit soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, International Business
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
good luck to round 1 applicants! still working on my application, round 2 for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:
unable to login to my online application via iApply - anyone else facing this problem? need to submit soon!

Hi Brobeedle, the same for me. I see the following message "Thank you for your interest in INSEAD Programmes. In order to apply, please complete the form below. We look forward to receiving your application!" and nothing else... :( Have no idea what's happened
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ziceg wrote:
boblives84 wrote:

Boblives84, try this thing, once you have downloaded Adobe Reader 11, download the fresh(empty) pdf essay templates off INSEAD Application again, and open them with Adobe Reader 11, now copy and paste your essay text from old versions to new ones and save it, the word count should now be updated properly as well.

It worked for me, the reason was that existing essay pdfs functionality gets written off once tried to save it with some other software such as Preview for mac.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Ziceg. After spending close to 5 hours yesterday with the IT support team at INSEAD, I finally have this resolved. Imagine the conversation between an Indian and a French national talking about all things IT :)
And yes, the iApply was down last night, and is now up again! Time to submit! All the best to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quick question- there is no place in the application where we need to upload our CV/resume, is there?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 04-30-2014
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Have any of you guys submitted any additional recommendations or documents?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GRE 1: Q164 V167
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
Quick question- there is no place in the application where we need to upload our CV/resume, is there?

I believe they've said that a CV is not required, since the information they want is contained within the application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aal286 wrote:
boblives84 wrote:

I believe they've said that a CV is not required, since the information they want is contained within the application.

Thanks. I think you are right.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
aal286 wrote:
boblives84 wrote:

Thanks. I think you are right.

Posted from my mobile device

I'm still planning to upload one in the optional section anyway
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ok i'm done with essays etc, and I want to submit but the iApply system won't let me in - anyone else facing this problem as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GRE 1: Q164 V167
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Kudos
brobeedle wrote:
ok i'm done with essays etc, and I want to submit but the iApply system won't let me in - anyone else facing this problem as well?

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I experienced a situation where I kept getting looped back to the login page. I was able to get through by using incognito/private browsing mode.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aal286 wrote:
brobeedle wrote:

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I experienced a situation where I kept getting looped back to the login page. I was able to get through by using incognito/private browsing mode.

that was my exact problem, and that's also exactly how I solved it. thank you!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts