Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, International Business
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
kurazhka wrote:
Hi guys, how is it going? :-D

I'm totally confused by the fact that two really important essays were removed :roll: I mean essays for long/short term goals and how will Insead help... Where can we now explain "Why Insead"? I'm considering optional essay but not sure. Probably they assume that we need to place everything in job description essay but there is no so much place to be honest. What do you think?

Good luck for everyone, it's going to be a long way 8-)

Job description 2
Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. It should be written as if you were talking to
someone at a social gathering detailing your career path with the rationale behind your choices. Discuss your short and long term
career aspirations.

They why INSEAD I think should be almost all over the essay answers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
how lenient is INSEAD with GMAT scores? I'm applying with a 640 - i'm pretty confident about the other aspects of my profile - work achievements, leadership and extra curriculars but the GMAT really worries me. I might be able to take it again just in time for the deadline (25th March) ; other aspects - gpa above 3.3, will return to my original employer after finishing the mba
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:
how lenient is INSEAD with GMAT scores? I'm applying with a 640 - i'm pretty confident about the other aspects of my profile - work achievements, leadership and extra curriculars but the GMAT really worries me. I might be able to take it again just in time for the deadline (25th March) ; other aspects - gpa above 3.3, will return to my original employer after finishing the mba

Hi Brobeedle, I don't think that somebody here is able to tell you for sure. I've heard about cases when people were admitted with low GMAT, sometimes admission committee even asked to retake GMAT. It always depends on particular case and you just can't evaluate whether your profile is so outstanding to cover your GMAT or not. Do you have enough time to work hard on GMAT during the following month in order to increase your score?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:

In my opinion, if you are weak in one aspect of your profile you should be fine as long as there are very few applicants with a similar profile to yours but with stronger GMAT. Having said this, I would encourage you to retake the exam. It would be better to apply in the second round with a stronger gmat score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.49
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:

I am in a similar situation as you are, but decide to apply anyway while retaking the test around the application deadline - not sure whether its accepted by admission committee.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '15
GPA: 3.5
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
shimarstar wrote:
Hey guys quick question: do we places our responses to the Job Essays, in the provided boxes of the downloadable Job Description PDF or separately?

Have any of you been able to upload your essays?
When saved on my comp, the PDF says "you cannot save data on this form". Any one successfully completed this yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am interested in applying to Round 2 of the Jan 2015 intake. I was wondering, how helpful is the admissions committee in relation to reviewing your profile and giving their feedback on the viability of applying?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sledgefox wrote:
shimarstar wrote:
Hey guys quick question: do we places our responses to the Job Essays, in the provided boxes of the downloadable Job Description PDF or separately?

When saved on my comp, the PDF says "you cannot save data on this form". Any one successfully completed this yet?

Have not tried uploading myself but having problems with the Jobs essay PDF as the first question answer box does not do word count. Anyone else with the same problem?
It does let me save the file though
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

I have been accepted to INSEAD class of 15J, and I will be starting at Singapore this August. Besides INSEAD, I was also accepted to two top-10 US MBA programs.

I know that many of us (including me) cannot afford to hire admissions consultants. So, if you guys need any help with your applications- I will be happy to help (for free!)

Send me a PM if you want to talk about your application strategy or want me to take a look at your essays.

Regards,
Akshat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:

brobeedle and sternfrank:

From what I know, INSEAD is more concerned about your splits on verbal and quant section, not your overall GMAT. If you are around 70th percentile (75th percentile is ideal) on both the sections, you are good to go. Now depending on how far your score is below this "benchmark", other factors will come into play.

Looks like you have a great profile; you should definitely go ahead and apply. Do take your GMAT again. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:

A higher gmat doesn't hurt, 640 is slightly on the lower end of their profile. Ofcourse I'm no expert but I would recommend taking the time to boost your score and apply in R2.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for your replies domrep and akshat! I am definitely applying, and in round 1. my re-take is set for April 10th. I have a question: should I email the adcom and tell them that i am planning to re-take the gmat on the 10th? or wait till the official interview notification deadline of the 25th? problem is that letting them of know of my intention to re-take might be a double edged sword. What if they were ok with the 640 and were going to call me anyway, but then I told them that i've got a re-take planned, so they decide to wait till my retake?

Sorry if this sounds confusing!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:
Thanks for your replies domrep and akshat! I am definitely applying, and in round 1. my re-take is set for April 10th. I have a question: should I email the adcom and tell them that i am planning to re-take the gmat on the 10th? or wait till the official interview notification deadline of the 25th? problem is that letting them of know of my intention to re-take might be a double edged sword. What if they were ok with the 640 and were going to call me anyway, but then I told them that i've got a re-take planned, so they decide to wait till my retake?

Assuming that you have already "reported" (or will report by the R-1 deadline) your GMAT score to INSEAD there can be two cases:-

1. You take the GMAT, get a lower/equal score and do not tell the admissions committee. You are not better off in any way.

2. You take the GMAT, get a higher score and then tell the admissions committee about your higher score. Now, the admissions committee has a reason to believe that you had every intent to game the process by doing what I stated in 1. So, despite getting a higher score, you might actually hurt your chances.

I do not think that the admissions committee will penalise you in any way if you are forthcoming with them.
I hope I am making sense :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AkshatatINSEAD wrote:
brobeedle wrote:

Assuming that you have already "reported" (or will report by the R-1 deadline) your GMAT score to INSEAD there can be two cases:-

1. You take the GMAT, get a lower/equal score and do not tell the admissions committee. You are not better off in any way.

2. You take the GMAT, get a higher score and then tell the admissions committee about your higher score. Now, the admissions committee has a reason to believe that you had every intent to game the process by doing what I stated in 1. So, despite getting a higher score, you might actually hurt your chances.

I do not think that the admissions committee will penalise you in any way if you are forthcoming with them.
I hope I am making sense :)

Hey Akshat,

yest hat does make sense :) thank you very much for your prompt response!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
sledgefox wrote:
shimarstar wrote:

I am facing the same problem. When I enter the essays into the pdf, it does not save them. Any luck, anybody else?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
sledgefox wrote:
shimarstar wrote:

I am facing the same problem. When I enter the essays into the pdf, it does not save them. Any luck, anybody else?

I'm able to upload my essays but the word counter below each essay box doesn't work - don't know if I should be worried about that or not?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
One more question - where on the app/in the essays can I mention that I have a Singapore PR? I want it to get noticed because it makes it a lot easier to get a job in Singapore. Any suggestions, anyone?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts