Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Baffling how the admissions blog has this update - https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Tim ... s-and-Tips - that lists only two essays, but the application has three more essays!

Certainly stands out from other schools' applications in terms of the total word limit available.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
Send PM
That admissions blog post is out-of-date. I'm pretty sure the limit is 2,000 characters now. I spoke to someone in the admissions office. Before you start writing, log-in and see the questions and word lengths for yourself. They've been making a lot of changes.

Originally posted by sciMBA on 08 Aug 2014, 07:39.
Last edited by sciMBA on 08 Aug 2014, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Applying round one as well.

Essay length for both essays is 1000 characters!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,
The character limits and required essays changed a couple of times. Also, the link to the application wasn't working (at least when I logged-in), so I just finished corresponding with someone in admissions a few hours ago. Here's the deal: both required essays have a 2,000 character limit. The first required essay is the Table of Contents, the other asks how your pre-MBA experience prepares you for the job you envision post-MBA.
I'm pretty sure the activities list is still required, too.
Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
On Cornell blog update last week:

"All applicants are asked to write “Your Life Story” in 1,000 characters or less. We’re looking for creativity and authenticity here. It helps us understand who you are, how you’re unique, what motivates you, and more. Tip: Tell us something unique about yourself … tell us “your story”. This is not a traditional MBA essay. You can approach this from any number of ways – it doesn’t need to be just a chronological list of your life.

If you’re a Two-year applicant, you’re then asked to share – in 1,000 characters or less – the job you would like to have immediately upon graduating with your MBA. This essay helps us determine whether Johnson is the right place to move you toward your future goals. Be honest and authentic!"

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm kind of lost here...
The essay questions posted under this page are different than the ones in the actual application. Also the character count is 1000 in the blog post, not 2000.

This was just posted a week ago!

https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Time-MBA/Admissions/Admissions-Blog/Post/200722/Cornell-MBA-2014-2015-Essay-Updates-and-Tips
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mhkhalil wrote:
I'm kind of lost here...
The essay questions posted under this page are different than the ones in the actual application. Also the character count is 1000 in the blog post, not 2000.

https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Time-MBA/Admissions/Admissions-Blog/Post/200722/Cornell-MBA-2014-2015-Essay-Updates-and-Tips

When I logged-in to see the questions on the actual application, they were completely different than what was posted in the blog. They were actually last year's questions. I spoke to an admissions officer and she is having the IT department fix that. I'm sure the application itself will be fixed/updated next week (if it hasn't been already).
During that exchange, I found out that the blog post from last week is no longer current. They have changed things since then. As of yesterday, what I wrote in the previous post has the correct character limit and the correct questions...straight from the horse's mouth.
Either take my word for it, wait to tackle the essays once everything has been updated OR call/email them yourself for clarification.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
sciMBA wrote:
mhkhalil wrote:
I'm kind of lost here...

When I logged-in to see the questions on the actual application, they were completely different than what was posted in the blog. They were actually last year's questions. I spoke to an admissions officer and she is having the IT department fix that. I'm sure the application itself will be fixed/updated next week (if it hasn't been already).
During that exchange, I found out that the blog post from last week is no longer current. They have changed things since then. As of yesterday, what I wrote in the previous post has the correct character limit and the correct questions...straight from the horse's mouth.
Either take my word for it, wait to tackle the essays once everything has been updated OR call/email them yourself for clarification.

Oh thanks man... I'm sorry I was too lazy to continue reading the posts on the second page of this thread.

I think I'll wait for the fix.

By the way, does anyone know what the recommendation questions are? I couldn't find it anywhere on the school's website.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mhkhalil wrote:
sciMBA wrote:
mhkhalil wrote:
I'm kind of lost here...

Oh thanks man... I'm sorry I was too lazy to continue reading the posts on the second page of this thread.

I think I'll wait for the fix.

By the way, does anyone know what the recommendation questions are? I couldn't find it anywhere on the school's website.

Haha, I'm actually a lady :-)
I think waiting (or contacting them) is a good idea. I wrote a few unnecessary drafts as a result of the changing character limits. So, I'm trying to spare you guys of that lol.
Check out the thread's first page. Someone asked that question before. I googled and posted a link. But, again I'd really just wait until everything is updated and good-to-go. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[/quote]
Haha, I'm actually a lady :-)
I think waiting (or contacting them) is a good idea. I wrote a few unnecessary drafts as a result of the changing character limits. So, I'm trying to spare you guys of that lol.
Check out the thread's first page. Someone asked that question before. I googled and posted a link. But, again I'd really just wait until everything is updated and good-to-go. Good luck![/quote]

Hahaha... I guess I'm sorry again :P
I already checked your post about the recommendations... but the link is broken... seems they pulled that off too!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone know when Cornell will be updating their class visits schedule?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hey all,
The word limit mentioned for cornell essays are (2000 character limit, including formatting characters). But I believe they are not equivalent to normal 2000 characters with spaces. In the application there is a space provided to paste the response. But I am not able to paste more than ~130 words (~1000 characters) in the box. Please check and let me know if you are able to paste the normal 2000 characters essay within the space provided.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Same here
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pratikgupta wrote:
Hey all,
The word limit mentioned for cornell essays are (2000 character limit, including formatting characters). But I believe they are not equivalent to normal 2000 characters with spaces. In the application there is a space provided to paste the response. But I am not able to paste more than ~130 words (~1000 characters) in the box. Please check and let me know if you are able to paste the normal 2000 characters essay within the space provided.

I think this has been rectified now. I could paste in more than 2000 characters now in fact.

Anyone know what the recommendation questions for Cornell are?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Does any one know the format for Johnson transcripts?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bjohn wrote:
Does any one know the format for Johnson transcripts?

Its not mentioned anywhere, so I suppose it would be .pdf only.

I tried uploading the file and then clicked save, but after the processing finishes the page again says "No current submission" (see error below). Anyone else facing the same issue?

[EDIT] In my hurry, I was skipping clicking the "Upload" button. Issue resolved.

Originally posted by krammer on 17 Sep 2014, 04:04.
Last edited by krammer on 24 Sep 2014, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Cornell Johnson Admissions Blog: The best time to submit your application
We are less than two weeks away from our October 1 application deadline for Round 1. Many candidates have questions about the “best” time to submit their application. The simple answer is that the best time to submit is when you feel you’ve put your best foot forward. Here are some tips to make sure you are ready to push the application “submit” button.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts