Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio) Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: Learn more about us at Fisher Season Premiere!
Each year we host a select number of prospective MBA candidates on campus to preview the Fisher MBA experience at our Fisher Season Premiere event.  This year the event will be held on October 24-25, 2014.  Fisher Season Premiere gives you access to the recruiting and admissions team, career management staff, current students, faculty and alumni.  You will gain insight into the academic, leadership and global opportunities at Fisher, as well as the career opportunities available to you as a Fisher graduate.  You will also get a sense of student life and culture at Fisher and Ohio State.

Fisher Season Premiere is an invitation-only event, targeted at candidates from outside of Central Ohio who have a more difficult time getting to campus for a traditional visit during the week.  Candidates who are invited to attend Premiere can also conduct their evaluative admissions interviews while they are here on Friday, October 24 or Monday, October 27.

Learn more about Fisher Season Premiere and fill out an invitation request to attend now.

We look forward to seeing you next month!

Networking at Premiere 2013

Alumni Panel in 2013

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: Forbes calls Columbus the #1 Opportunity City
Among the many reasons why Columbus was identified as the top Opportunity City in Columbus – the fact that Columbus is home to a large number of corporations, including L Brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, Nationwide Insurance, JP Morgan Chase, Huntington Bank and Alliance Data Systems.

You may not be planning to settle down in Columbus for good, but think about the opportunities you will have to leverage the corporate relationships that Ohio State and Fisher have in the local business community.  These will prove to be extremely valuable to you as you progress through the program, both inside and outside the classroom.  Click on the image below to read more about Columbus and why it is a great place to spend at least two years of your life!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: 3 reasons why you need the GMAT or GRE
Yes, the thought of taking a standardized test after years of being away from the classroom can certainly be daunting.  We understand that you might not be the best test taker or that you have other strengths that should be able to convince us of your qualifications for business school.  Yet, the responsibility of the admissions team is to evaluate whether a candidate (YOU) has the academic aptitude that is required to complete the rigorous coursework in the MBA program.

Here are 3 reasons why the GMAT or GRE can help you in the MBA admissions process:

1) It can help us assess your quantitative, verbal and analytical aptitude when we may not have other academic coursework that can do the same.  Perhaps you graduated college without ever taking a math class, or your undergraduate major did not require you to write many essays or analyze an argument in written English communication – the standardized test can fill in those gaps.

2) It can help to compensate for a weaker undergraduate GPA.  Perhaps your grades in quantitative courses were sub-par because you were working to pay for school and couldn’t put in as much studying time as you would have liked OR you were a college athlete OR you were just less motivated and mature than you are today (we have never heard anyone claim that one
).  The GMAT or GRE can help you if your grades are not the best reflection of your potential.

2) It is used to evaluate you for merit-based funding opportunities.  We basically have two quantitative measures that we can use to level the playing field for all applicants and to compare your academic merit against one another – GPA and GMAT/GRE score.  Yet, all undergraduate colleges and universities are not the same, offering varying levels of rigor, different degrees, etc.  Some applicants will apply with another master’s degree in progress or under their belt, while others will not.  While not a true equalizer, the standardized test is the only application requirement that is “standardized,” that has been tested for validity and reliability and that is offered to all applicants.

We do have a couple of exceptions, so you can check to see if you might qualify for exemption from the GMAT or GRE.  For most of you, however, open up those study books and websites to start preparing!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher(Ohio) Admissions Blog: Strong grades and strong test scores are the keys to generous financial aid
As you are looking at potential business schools, I wouldn’t be surprised if you were researching the opportunities for earning financial aid.  Prospective MBA candidates often don’t realize that it is possible to take out loans for graduate school, such as the PLUS Loans, if you are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.  The majority of you are looking for ways to minimize your out-of-pocket expenses and want to know how to qualify for scholarships, fellowships, Graduate Assistantships and any other form of aid offered to MBA students.

At Fisher, all applicants who are offered admission to the MBA program are automatically considered for available merit-based aid, provided that they complete the optional video essay in this year’s application.  The primary two application components used to evaluate you for merit-based aid are undergraduate GPA (and graduate/professional GPA, if available) and GMAT/GRE scores.  Certainly we consider all of your other application materials as well, but grades and test scores are the two quantitative measures we have to look at academic merit for all applicants.

There are two prestigious fellowships that are awarded by The Ohio State University through a graduate school-wide competition – the University Fellowship and the Graduate Enrichment Fellowship.  Applicants must meet the minimum criteria to be considered for nomination and the Fisher College of Business MBA Admissions Committee will decide which applicants to nominate.

University Fellowship eligibility criteria:

• Open to domestic and international students
  • Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent on another scale)
  • A 75th percentile on the GMAT total score or A 75th percentile average on the GRE Verbal and Quantitative components and a 4.0 on the Analytical Writing component.
Graduate Enrichment Fellowship eligibility criteria:

• Open to domestic students only
  • Ability to bring diversity to the Graduate School (this is broadly defined and can include, but is not limited to, ethnic background, social or economic disadvantage, nominee status as a McNair Scholar, disability, or other characteristics or attributes)
  • Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.1 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent on another scale)
  • A 40th percentile on the GMAT total score or a 40th percentile average on the GRE Verbal and Quantitative components and a 3.5 on the Analytical Writing component.
Applicants that are nominated and selected to receive these prestigious awards will receive, at minimum, a 100% tuition and instructional fee waiver for the first year of the MBA program, an 85% subsidy on student health insurance and a generous monthly stipend of $1,700.

If you believe you are qualified to be considered for one of these awards, please plan to submit a completed application by November 15, 2014.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
How many people are in for R1 and who has gotten an interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hey Pandabear17

I applied in R1 and have received an interview invite.....scheduled on 31st.
Are u done with ur interview? if not...when is it scheduled?

Pandabear17 wrote:
How many people are in for R1 and who has gotten an interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM