Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [17]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [2]
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: GMAC annual summit 2014 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
souvik101990

Thanks for the news. I am assuming this is for the real GMAT test and not just the official tests(GMATPrep and the Exam Pack 1 extension). This will really help students who have to to take the GMAT second time to improve their score, this will also take some mystery away from what may have happened during the actual exam.

I hope they eventually give details similar to the GRE diagnostics. If anyone from GMAC is reading this, please take a look at the attached diagnostics for the GRE exam. I would love to see the same for GMAT. This will be of tremendous help for the students.

Cheers,
Dabral
Attachments

grequant1.png
grequant1.png [ 133.68 KiB | Viewed 5089 times ]

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
dabral wrote:
souvik101990

Thanks for the news. I am assuming this is for the real GMAT test and not just the official tests(GMATPrep and the Exam Pack 1 extension). This will really help students who have to to take the GMAT second time to improve their score, this will also take some mystery away from what may have happened during the actual exam.

I hope they eventually give details similar to the GRE diagnostics. If anyone from GMAC is reading this, please take a look at the attached diagnostics for the GRE exam. I would love to see the same for GMAT. This will be of tremendous help for the students.

Cheers,
Dabral

Wow, if they provided this kind of information, it would definitely help re-takers.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
Awaiting for more information from Souvik.
Can you pls provide detail information.

Regards,
Ammu
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ammuseeru wrote:

Regards,
Ammu

I have been trying to get a hold of him for 2 days now. Good Luck! He is partying in New York :lol:
Veritas Prep Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 2946 [4]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Don't let me steal Souvik's thunder, but one update that he may be a bit bashful about reporting:

Souvik game a phenomenal presentation right after lunch, sharing GMAT Club data trends and mapping them against the overall trends in MBA applications and in GMAT test-taker data. Really a well-done and informative presentation, and Souvik represented GMAT Club extremely well.

I'll let Souvik share all the details, but my overall takeaway is that GMAC continues to be really motivated to ensure a fair test (they broke down their processes for filtering out questions that could be construed as culturally or gender biased) and to providing students with opportunities to achieve their highest possible score on the test (with products like the new diagnostic report on your official exam, as Souvik mentioned). A great Summit overall, and thanks to the GMAT Club team for a great presentation!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [4]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys, I attended the event with Souvik on behalf of GMAT Club (in my capacity as a GMAT Club volunteer moderator)...I live a very short commute from NYC. I can provide a brief write-up soon, but I think other than the new score report, the most interesting discussion concerned GMAT marketing and also the general criteria/process that GMAC uses to vet a question (most interesting to me was how they have to periodically update the question pool to properly take into account current events and how a test taker may react; also the extent to which GMAC test writer go to ensure the test is free of any potential geographical/cultural/socioeconomic/etc bias).

Also, coincidentally, having taken the GMAT only months ago, I was sent the e-mail by the GMAC to take a survey on the scoring diagnostic package (not sure what range GMAC used to send out the survey e-mails, but I took the GMAT 3 times total, however those 3 times were within 3 months, the first exam in May 2014 and last July 2014)...I guess the stars aligned as it came just as I was checking my personal e-mail on my phone and so I took the survey almost immediately, and I ended up being one of the first 500 to answer it (GMAC presenter said the 500 were filled within 10 minutes or so)...so I will get a free scoring diagnostic from my July 2014 test sometime in December :) Excited to see what the preliminary/final product will look like, but to be completely honest....I am most excited/intrigued to see my personal July 2014 scoring diagnostic and how my actual performance, broken down by category, compares to my perceived performance ;)

Just as a fyi, once live, the scoring diagnostic availability will be retroactive back to a certain date (I don't remember the date/range at the moment, but will try to get it and update this post).

Souvik made a great presentation! A lot of really interesting information, especially certain relationships that can be derived from GMAT Club site traffic.

A lot of great people there, including those from the top GMAT vendors and GMAC/Wiley. Very nice atmosphere and the lunch buffet was GREAT :)

Best,
Derek

Note: No info on the scoring algo was divulged, other than that GMAC has multiple algos and can (maybe even do?) switch it up as they see fit
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:

GMAC annual summit 2014 - Session Overview

Session 1: GMAT Test Taker Trends & GME Update

- Alex Chisholm

Session 2: Validity and IR Scores

- Eileen Taleno-Miller
  • Interpretation of IR Scores - Validity and Factors Affecting Validity
  • Recent Validity Studies
  • Proposed use of the GMAT test is two-fold - Admission decisions and prediction of success at business school.
  • Significant correlation with IR score and business school GPA (with advanced correlation algorithm to remove certain biases)
  • Validity studies in 15 programs, 15 schools and 8 countries include
    A) High GPA scores for business and econ majors, high quant scores for STEM candidates. IR has the potential to become a significant differentiator as IR scores are significantly varied in STEM and Humanities and SS candidates
    B) Demographic validity studies indicate high verbal scores in US and Canada and high quant scores in the Asia&Pac region. Again, significant scope of IR to be a lead differentiator.
  • Employers have reported to want to use IR for recruitment, and potential employers may ask for score. (as a differentiator)

Session 3 - Psychometrics Update

- Fanmin Guo
  • Demographic averages of Quant, Verbal, IR and AWA scores.
  • Demographic GMAT averages.
  • GMAC is committed to IR - a mild hint on more IR in the future (very mild hint :P)
  • New product discussions - IR Prep Tool.
  • GMAT Item (Question) quality assurance - How does a GMAT question move from experimental to a real test question. (Let me know if you want to know more about it. Definitely the most fascinating bit in the summit)
  • GMAT score using probabilistic item response theory.
  • EVERY question counts in scoring (first questions right - Myth debunked Again!)
  • NEW Announcement - Diagnostic score reporting
  • Score preview before cancelling. Score will still yield a "C" on the official test report.

Town Hall Discussions

- from the conference attendees
  • Suggestions and Feedback for GMAT
  • Undergraduate GMAT strategy.
  • Official guides review and suggestions.

Hi Souvik

Thank you for the information. But I wanted to know more about the "Diagnostic score reporting" feature. When will it be implemented and will it be retroactive (and from when?)? I dont see any press releases on mba.com or gmac.com for the same.

Thanks
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
egmat wrote:
Souvik.. did not realize that you are in US now.. BTW..this is great news.. I am sure that this will help test takers world wide...

Thanks! I had a ball interacting with all of them in the summit! Was in the US only for a few days though!
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
VeritasPrepBrian wrote:
Don't let me steal Souvik's thunder, but one update that he may be a bit bashful about reporting:

Souvik game a phenomenal presentation right after lunch, sharing GMAT Club data trends and mapping them against the overall trends in MBA applications and in GMAT test-taker data. Really a well-done and informative presentation, and Souvik represented GMAT Club extremely well.

I'll let Souvik share all the details, but my overall takeaway is that GMAC continues to be really motivated to ensure a fair test (they broke down their processes for filtering out questions that could be construed as culturally or gender biased) and to providing students with opportunities to achieve their highest possible score on the test (with products like the new diagnostic report on your official exam, as Souvik mentioned). A great Summit overall, and thanks to the GMAT Club team for a great presentation!

You're too kind VeritasPrepBrian. Hope I get to catch up on more stories about how more books of the new Veritas series came into ideation :)
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
kushwahanuj28 wrote:
bb wrote:
ammuseeru wrote:

Regards,
Ammu

I have been trying to get a hold of him for 2 days now. Good Luck! He is partying in New York :lol:

But It must be freezing there ? :-D

It really was! But it was a very welcome change from the Mumbai weather to be honest!
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Session overview and thoughts on the summit posted!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [1]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM