Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
mbs17 wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
No reply on Friday too. Would it be worthwhile in emailing the adcom member who interviewed me to inquire about the status of my application? Thoughts?

Did you provide your original transcripts on the day you interviewed? If not, they say it takes longer to have a response.

If I were you, once it is 4 weeks from the day you interviewed I would send an inquiry to admchair@stern.nyu.edu. They say you will receive a reply within 3 business days. I did that while I was waiting for my interview decision and I got a response 2 days after with an invitation to interview.

Good luck!

I gave my transcripts about 10 days after my interview. Do you think the delay in decision is solely due to that?

And thanks a lot for the tip. I appreciate it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
hemchander11 wrote:
mbs17 wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
No reply on Friday too. Would it be worthwhile in emailing the adcom member who interviewed me to inquire about the status of my application? Thoughts?

Did you provide your original transcripts on the day you interviewed? If not, they say it takes longer to have a response.

If I were you, once it is 4 weeks from the day you interviewed I would send an inquiry to admchair@stern.nyu.edu. They say you will receive a reply within 3 business days. I did that while I was waiting for my interview decision and I got a response 2 days after with an invitation to interview.

Good luck!

I gave my transcripts about 10 days after my interview. Do you think the delay in decision is solely due to that?

Yes it's due to that. I gave them my transcripts 10 days after interviewing too, and the decision was released exactly 3 weeks from the date the transcripts arrived
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SC29 wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
mbs17 wrote:

Good luck!

Yes it's due to that. I gave them my transcripts 10 days after interviewing too, and the decision was released exactly 3 weeks from the date the transcripts arrived

Thank you! You have put my mind at ease :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: The Tales of an International Student
It is finally spring break! And while some of my peers are travelling the world, discovering new places – I have never been happier to stay in NYC. You see Read More
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Just signed up for Admitted Students weekend! Who else is going?!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE:Consulting (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the acceptance from Stern. Didn't think it would be more nerve-racking to open the email than it was to wait for a phone call, but it was. My hands were shaking as I was typing my password. Just for a matter of reference for others waiting for a decision, I interviewed last Monday (3/23) and had my transcript with me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CONGRATS to post above!

Also, do all acceptances (in the same "wave") come out on the same time of the day?
ie: if I interviewed on monday as well, is it necessarily a bad thing that I haven't gotten an acceptance yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
iliketurtles99 wrote:
CONGRATS to post above!

Also, do all acceptances (in the same "wave") come out on the same time of the day?
ie: if I interviewed on monday as well, is it necessarily a bad thing that I haven't gotten an acceptance yet?

I can't say for certain, but based on much of what I've read on this thread the answer is no. Some people heard back in as little as a week, others up to 3 or 4. I think the common denominator for those that waited it out for a longer period of time was that they didn't have their transcripts with them. That said, I believe I read that there were others that brought transcripts with them and heard back a little later. When my interview was over, I was told that it would take 1 to 3 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
iliketurtles99 wrote:
CONGRATS to post above!

No, I do not think this is the case. In addition, there were a number of people who interviewed after me (sometimes 1-2 weeks after me) that heard before I did (3 weeks after I interviewed). I brought my transcript to the interview as well so I was all complete following my interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
SB617 wrote:
Just got the acceptance from Stern. Didn't think it would be more nerve-racking to open the email than it was to wait for a phone call, but it was. My hands were shaking as I was typing my password. Just for a matter of reference for others waiting for a decision, I interviewed last Monday (3/23) and had my transcript with me.

Congrats on the acceptance! I also interviewed last Monday, and knowing that you got an acceptance this soon has gotten me really excited to hear back from admissions. I had no idea that Stern does not call its admitted applicants but instead sends out emails. I guess I will be constantly checking my email account at work for the next few days!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FlightNight wrote:
SB617 wrote:

Congrats on the acceptance! I also interviewed last Monday, and knowing that you got an acceptance this soon has gotten me really excited to hear back from admissions. I had no idea that Stern does not call its admitted applicants but instead sends out emails. I guess I will be constantly checking my email account at work for the next few days!

Since you didn't know that they sent out emails, I should warn you that you'll receive a very generic email from "NYU Stern MBA Admissions." The email basically states that your status has been updated, with no indication of good or bad news. Then you have to log in and navigate to the status update. I'm hoping that when you finally get to that page, you see good news! Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Got my admit an hour ago and goes without saying that I am ecstatic! It was really a rollercoaster ride. Hope to see you all during LAUNCH!

Indian applicant
Interviewed: 6/3
Admit: 1/4
Transcripts given on: 17/3
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Send PM
hemchander11 wrote:
Got my admit an hour ago and goes without saying that I am ecstatic! It was really a rollercoaster ride. Hope to see you all during
LAUNCH!

Indian applicant

Congrats...did they mention any scholarship?
If you may know, how is their genorisity in terms of scholarship?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FightToSurvive wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
Got my admit an hour ago and goes without saying that I am ecstatic! It was really a rollercoaster ride. Hope to see you all during
LAUNCH!

Indian applicant

Congrats...did they mention any scholarship?
If you may know, how is their genorisity in terms of scholarship?

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you! No mention of scholarship. I just got a status update. Info about scholarship will come in my official acceptance letter though I am not holding my breath. On talking to a couple of people before applying to Stern, I found that Stern are not very generous with financial aid. But, I'll research it further and will keep you posted. Have you gotten in too?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
My interview is in less than 6 days... I really hope to get a positive response soon and share the good news with you guys. Honestly speaking, have not slept since the day I recieved my invitation. Any personal interview experiences anyone would like to share, any do's and dont's?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
bhatt_devang wrote:
My interview is in less than 6 days... I really hope to get a positive response soon and share the good news with you guys. Honestly speaking, have not slept since the day I recieved my invitation. Any personal interview experiences anyone would like to share, any do's and dont's?

Don't be nervous! The interviews are very straightforward. Just understand your goals: what companies you want to work for, why New York, what activities will you be engaged with, why Stern. Also, they can pull anything from your resume or application - just be able to speak to any of the things you mentioned. For example, I didn't expect for my interviewer to ask about some activities I did in college since it was so far back, but that was something on my resume that stood out to her.

Good luck! And get some rest!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
bhatt_devang wrote:

You have nothing to worry about! If you have been invited to an interview, then that means that the admissions committee likes your profile and they will be glad to hear you talk about all the experiences and stories that you wrote about in your application. My Stern interview was easily the most casual and smoothest MBA interview that I had, and all the applicants that I spoke to pretty much agreed that their interviews were super casual. My interviewer was very warm and seemed genuinely interested in my background (or at least she did a great job pretending to be interested :lol: ).

Some tips for the interview:
- As mentioned in the posts above, it is very important to know your story. You need to know the answers to all the standard questions: Tell me about yourself. Why MBA? Why Stern? etc
- You should expect some light follow up questions. For example if you talk about your undergrad college, the interviewer may ask you why you chose your degree and school.
- Do your research and know the industry you want to work in post MBA. You must be able to name the top companies you want to work for and what attracts you to those companies.
- It's normal to be a little nervous. Everyone will feel some amount of nervous energy before their interview, and most people will feel better as the interview progresses.
- If you are still worried about being nervous, I suggest you warm up by chatting with the other applicants and with the Stern students at the student lunch before your interview.
- If you attend the student lunch or a class visit before your interview, your interviewer might ask you about it. My interviewer asked me if I learned anything new about Stern or my chosen industry from the student lunch.
- If you are not a morning person, I suggest you schedule your interview in the afternoon. Be sure to sleep well the night before the interview.
- Bring your transcripts.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts