It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 07:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2014
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 9 [3], given: 0

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 04:58
3
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Guys,

I am in !! Indian Candidate, got the decision at 10 p.m. IST yesterday.. The few moments between receiving the email and opening the letter were really nerve racking !!! But the letter made me ecstatic :-D :-D :-D

Submitted On: 15/01/15
Received Interview invite: 14/02/15
Interviewed On: 05/03/15
Decision Received: 01/04/15

Kudos [?]: 9 [3], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2015
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 07:45
International applicant in @ Booth with 40K, thought for sure would go to Booth until Stern surprised me with full scholarship... Really could use any kind of advice!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 09:22
BorS wrote:
International applicant in @ Booth with 40K, thought for sure would go to Booth until Stern surprised me with full scholarship... Really could use any kind of advice!


I'd go over to the admitted school thread, which I believe you have already. Regardless, imo a lot will depend on your future goals. What industry? Where do you want to be personally? Where do you want to be geographically? What's your risk tolerance? I think this is one of those questions that is highly depended on the specific person and their circumstances.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2015, 10:28
bhatt_devang wrote:
My interview is in less than 6 days... I really hope to get a positive response soon and share the good news with you guys. Honestly speaking, have not slept since the day I recieved my invitation. Any personal interview experiences anyone would like to share, any do's and dont's?


My interview was highly personalized. My interviewer knew the ins and outs of my entire application - not just my resume but my essays. This made for a very unique, but enjoyable interview. I think in a lot of ways he just wanted to know I was for real; that I am who I seemed on paper. So my advice to you would be to just know your story. Make sure you've thought through why you want your MBA and what might you do if things don't go according to plan. At the end of the day, its a "get to know you" interview, so enjoy it.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2015, 12:57
Hey guys!

These are my details:
Applied 15/1
Interview invitation 13/14th feb
Interview 18th march

I forgot to take along my transcripts. Sent them through courier. They reached stern by 23rd march. After 2 emails 4 days apart requesting acknowledgement of the receipt of the transcripts , received sterns response on 2nd april that transcripts have been received and on the status check website - the date received is recorded as 2nd april.

Now my questions are :

1. Should i hope for the final response by :

8th april ( 3 weeks from interview date )
Or
23rd april ( 3 weeks from the date the transcripts were recorded as received)

2. when do you guys recommend I should send an email to stern asking for a response on the interview in case i dont receive status update by by 8th april ?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 28

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2015, 22:43
amsterdamguy wrote:
Hey guys!

These are my details:
Applied 15/1
Interview invitation 13/14th feb
Interview 18th march

I forgot to take along my transcripts. Sent them through courier. They reached stern by 23rd march. After 2 emails 4 days apart requesting acknowledgement of the receipt of the transcripts , received sterns response on 2nd april that transcripts have been received and on the status check website - the date received is recorded as 2nd april.

Now my questions are :

1. Should i hope for the final response by :

8th april ( 3 weeks from interview date )
Or
23rd april ( 3 weeks from the date the transcripts were recorded as received)

2. when do you guys recommend I should send an email to stern asking for a response on the interview in case i dont receive status update by by 8th april ?


You should call them if you don't receive a decision by 10th. The last date for deposits for R3 (assuming that's the round you applied in) is 20th April. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2015, 23:58
Hi!

Thanks for your response. It got me worried. The current signs indicate towards a ding. A positive response after 5th april for not-waitlisted candidates is a rarity according to 2016 intake threads.

I still can have a friend ( current stern executive program student ) write a reco for me and send it to adcom ? Do you guys think it still is worthwhile or not ? Given 3 weeks from interview is 8th march and as hemchander11 suggested that i should call by 10th april anyway.




hemchander11 wrote:
amsterdamguy wrote:
Hey guys!

These are my details:
Applied 15/1
Interview invitation 13/14th feb
Interview 18th march

I forgot to take along my transcripts. Sent them through courier. They reached stern by 23rd march. After 2 emails 4 days apart requesting acknowledgement of the receipt of the transcripts , received sterns response on 2nd april that transcripts have been received and on the status check website - the date received is recorded as 2nd april.

Now my questions are :

1. Should i hope for the final response by :

8th april ( 3 weeks from interview date )
Or
23rd april ( 3 weeks from the date the transcripts were recorded as received)

2. when do you guys recommend I should send an email to stern asking for a response on the interview in case i dont receive status update by by 8th april ?


You should call them if you don't receive a decision by 10th. The last date for deposits for R3 (assuming that's the round you applied in) is 20th April. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2014
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 10:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
For what it's worth, I just got admitted today. Similar dates as you. Interviewed on March 18, my transcript was received on April 2nd, and my status was updated today on their website. Didn't even get any email yet, just went on the website to check.

As for your initional answer, I would call them after 3 weeks from interview date. My guess is they had a decision since the interview, just waiting to confirm everything is fine with the transcript before releasing it.

amsterdamguy wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for your response. It got me worried. The current signs indicate towards a ding. A positive response after 5th april for not-waitlisted candidates is a rarity according to 2016 intake threads.

I still can have a friend ( current stern executive program student ) write a reco for me and send it to adcom ? Do you guys think it still is worthwhile or not ? Given 3 weeks from interview is 8th march and as hemchander11 suggested that i should call by 10th april anyway.




hemchander11 wrote:
amsterdamguy wrote:
Hey guys!

These are my details:
Applied 15/1
Interview invitation 13/14th feb
Interview 18th march

I forgot to take along my transcripts. Sent them through courier. They reached stern by 23rd march. After 2 emails 4 days apart requesting acknowledgement of the receipt of the transcripts , received sterns response on 2nd april that transcripts have been received and on the status check website - the date received is recorded as 2nd april.

Now my questions are :

1. Should i hope for the final response by :

8th april ( 3 weeks from interview date )
Or
23rd april ( 3 weeks from the date the transcripts were recorded as received)

2. when do you guys recommend I should send an email to stern asking for a response on the interview in case i dont receive status update by by 8th april ?


You should call them if you don't receive a decision by 10th. The last date for deposits for R3 (assuming that's the round you applied in) is 20th April. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 1

GPA: 3.93
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 12:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far and good luck to those of you still going through the process! I'm excited to share that http://www.tripweave.com has officially launched. We are bringing awesome pre-MBA travel experiences to a select group of schools that don’t yet have them, including Stern. Signups are currently open for trips taking off this fall (deadline to register is May 4th) so please check out our site or email us at info@tripweave.com to see if any of our trips pique your interest! Options include Iceland, Tanzania and Thailand, among others :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 14:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
Dude habsrules!

Thanks for your email. It made my night. Was about to go to sleep. But after your email checked the status. Admitted !!

Cheers!!

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 183

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 22

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 01:56
amsterdamguy wrote:
Dude habsrules!

Thanks for your email. It made my night. Was about to go to sleep. But after your email checked the status. Admitted !!

Cheers!!


congrats :-D

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 22

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.22
WE: Other (Law)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 09:34
1
This post received
KUDOS
Guys, I just got in off the waitlist. The past 4 months have been horrible, but I'm glad that I got a good result in the end.

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 138

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 22

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 09:45
haonan1988 wrote:
Guys, I just got in off the waitlist. The past 4 months have been horrible, but I'm glad that I got a good result in the end.


Congrats!That is great news. I can't wait to hear some good news from them myself!

May be this is a redundant question, but can you tell me when did you apply and when were you waitlisted? Also, were you waitlisted with or without an interview?

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 22

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.22
WE: Other (Law)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 09:53
2
This post received
KUDOS
nicelystupid wrote:
haonan1988 wrote:
Guys, I just got in off the waitlist. The past 4 months have been horrible, but I'm glad that I got a good result in the end.


Congrats!That is great news. I can't wait to hear some good news from them myself!

May be this is a redundant question, but can you tell me when did you apply and when were you waitlisted? Also, were you waitlisted with or without an interview?


Here is my timeline:

Application Submitted: 10/15/2014
Invite Received on: 11/07/2014
Interviewed on: 11/17/2014
Waitlist Received on: 12/16/2014
Accepted: 04/08/2015

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 0

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 8 [3], given: 0

GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.92
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 10:05
3
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone, I also just got admitted and finally off waitlist! But I'm also facing the problem of choosing where to go now... :?

Submitted On: 15/10/14
Received Interview invite: 10/12/14
Interviewed On: 30/01/15
Decision Received(WL): 25/02/15
Decision Received(A): 09/04/15

Kudos [?]: 8 [3], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 138

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 22

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 10:15
Nanaytc9275 wrote:
Hi everyone, I also just got admitted and finally off waitlist! But I'm also facing the problem of choosing where to go now... :?

Submitted On: 15/10/14
Received Interview invite: 10/12/14
Interviewed On: 30/01/15
Decision Received(WL): 25/02/15
Decision Received(A): 09/04/15


Congrats!

Seems like Stern is sending waitlist accepts right before the preview weekend!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 22

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 827

Kudos [?]: 163 [1], given: 98

Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 10:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
wow, you interviewed LAST YEAR! buy yourself a drink tonight. Or if you don't imbibe - a nice meal
haonan1988 wrote:
nicelystupid wrote:
haonan1988 wrote:
Guys, I just got in off the waitlist. The past 4 months have been horrible, but I'm glad that I got a good result in the end.


Congrats!That is great news. I can't wait to hear some good news from them myself!

May be this is a redundant question, but can you tell me when did you apply and when were you waitlisted? Also, were you waitlisted with or without an interview?


Here is my timeline:

Application Submitted: 10/15/2014
Invite Received on: 11/07/2014
Interviewed on: 11/17/2014
Waitlist Received on: 12/16/2014
Accepted: 04/08/2015

Kudos [?]: 163 [1], given: 98

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2015
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 0

GPA: 3.18
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 11:23
2
This post received
KUDOS
Held off on posting anything until I was accepted, but I'm glad to be able to post now. Here are my details for those still waiting:

Application Submitted: 1/14/2015
Invite Received on: 2/11/2015
Interviewed on: 3/30/2015
Transcript received: 4/01/2015
Accepted: 04/08/2015

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GPA: 3.09
WE: Analyst (Other)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 22:56
Happy to say that I've been accepted. Got the status change email this morning. Like others have said, it's a nerve wracking few moments while you're logging into the status check website.

Here's my timeline for reference:

1/15/15 - Applied
2/17/15 - Invited to Interview
3/31/15 - Interviewed/Submitted Transcripts
4/08/15 - Admitted

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.92
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 23:18
Thank you! Hope you will be also admitted soon!:)

nicelystupid wrote:
Nanaytc9275 wrote:
Hi everyone, I also just got admitted and finally off waitlist! But I'm also facing the problem of choosing where to go now... :?

Submitted On: 15/10/14
Received Interview invite: 10/12/14
Interviewed On: 30/01/15
Decision Received(WL): 25/02/15
Decision Received(A): 09/04/15


Congrats!

Seems like Stern is sending waitlist accepts right before the preview weekend!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2015, 23:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57    Next  [ 1137 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.