GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 09:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 28
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 04:54
No reply on Friday too. Would it be worthwhile in emailing the adcom member who interviewed me to inquire about the status of my application? Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 07:26
Also been 3 weeks and a day since hub city interview. I know this is being super sticklerish, but I had anticipated that the 3 weeks would be the "safe, long estimate" and am now getting way too antsy.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2014
Posts: 42
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 07:28
1
hemchander11 wrote:
No reply on Friday too. Would it be worthwhile in emailing the adcom member who interviewed me to inquire about the status of my application? Thoughts?


Did you provide your original transcripts on the day you interviewed? If not, they say it takes longer to have a response.

If I were you, once it is 4 weeks from the day you interviewed I would send an inquiry to admchair@stern.nyu.edu. They say you will receive a reply within 3 business days. I did that while I was waiting for my interview decision and I got a response 2 days after with an invitation to interview.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 28
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 09:40
mbs17 wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
No reply on Friday too. Would it be worthwhile in emailing the adcom member who interviewed me to inquire about the status of my application? Thoughts?


Did you provide your original transcripts on the day you interviewed? If not, they say it takes longer to have a response.

If I were you, once it is 4 weeks from the day you interviewed I would send an inquiry to admchair@stern.nyu.edu. They say you will receive a reply within 3 business days. I did that while I was waiting for my interview decision and I got a response 2 days after with an invitation to interview.

Good luck!


I gave my transcripts about 10 days after my interview. Do you think the delay in decision is solely due to that?

And thanks a lot for the tip. I appreciate it.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 183
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 01:24
1
hemchander11 wrote:
mbs17 wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
No reply on Friday too. Would it be worthwhile in emailing the adcom member who interviewed me to inquire about the status of my application? Thoughts?


Did you provide your original transcripts on the day you interviewed? If not, they say it takes longer to have a response.

If I were you, once it is 4 weeks from the day you interviewed I would send an inquiry to admchair@stern.nyu.edu. They say you will receive a reply within 3 business days. I did that while I was waiting for my interview decision and I got a response 2 days after with an invitation to interview.

Good luck!


I gave my transcripts about 10 days after my interview. Do you think the delay in decision is solely due to that?

And thanks a lot for the tip. I appreciate it.


Yes it's due to that. I gave them my transcripts 10 days after interviewing too, and the decision was released exactly 3 weeks from the date the transcripts arrived
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 28
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 01:45
SC29 wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
mbs17 wrote:

Did you provide your original transcripts on the day you interviewed? If not, they say it takes longer to have a response.

If I were you, once it is 4 weeks from the day you interviewed I would send an inquiry to admchair@stern.nyu.edu. They say you will receive a reply within 3 business days. I did that while I was waiting for my interview decision and I got a response 2 days after with an invitation to interview.

Good luck!


I gave my transcripts about 10 days after my interview. Do you think the delay in decision is solely due to that?

And thanks a lot for the tip. I appreciate it.


Yes it's due to that. I gave them my transcripts 10 days after interviewing too, and the decision was released exactly 3 weeks from the date the transcripts arrived


Thank you! You have put my mind at ease :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 80
The Tales of an International Student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 07:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: The Tales of an International Student
It is finally spring break! And while some of my peers are travelling the world, discovering new places – I have never been happier to stay in NYC. You see Read More
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2015
Posts: 7
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 09:12
1
Just signed up for Admitted Students weekend! Who else is going?!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 09:13
5
Just got the acceptance from Stern. Didn't think it would be more nerve-racking to open the email than it was to wait for a phone call, but it was. My hands were shaking as I was typing my password. Just for a matter of reference for others waiting for a decision, I interviewed last Monday (3/23) and had my transcript with me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2015
Posts: 2
Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 10:37
CONGRATS to post above!

Also, do all acceptances (in the same "wave") come out on the same time of the day?
ie: if I interviewed on monday as well, is it necessarily a bad thing that I haven't gotten an acceptance yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 10:42
iliketurtles99 wrote:
CONGRATS to post above!

Also, do all acceptances (in the same "wave") come out on the same time of the day?
ie: if I interviewed on monday as well, is it necessarily a bad thing that I haven't gotten an acceptance yet?


I can't say for certain, but based on much of what I've read on this thread the answer is no. Some people heard back in as little as a week, others up to 3 or 4. I think the common denominator for those that waited it out for a longer period of time was that they didn't have their transcripts with them. That said, I believe I read that there were others that brought transcripts with them and heard back a little later. When my interview was over, I was told that it would take 1 to 3 weeks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 34
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 12:03
iliketurtles99 wrote:
CONGRATS to post above!

Also, do all acceptances (in the same "wave") come out on the same time of the day?
ie: if I interviewed on monday as well, is it necessarily a bad thing that I haven't gotten an acceptance yet?



No, I do not think this is the case. In addition, there were a number of people who interviewed after me (sometimes 1-2 weeks after me) that heard before I did (3 weeks after I interviewed). I brought my transcript to the interview as well so I was all complete following my interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.78
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 16:17
SB617 wrote:
Just got the acceptance from Stern. Didn't think it would be more nerve-racking to open the email than it was to wait for a phone call, but it was. My hands were shaking as I was typing my password. Just for a matter of reference for others waiting for a decision, I interviewed last Monday (3/23) and had my transcript with me.


Congrats on the acceptance! I also interviewed last Monday, and knowing that you got an acceptance this soon has gotten me really excited to hear back from admissions. I had no idea that Stern does not call its admitted applicants but instead sends out emails. I guess I will be constantly checking my email account at work for the next few days!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 16:27
1
FlightNight wrote:
SB617 wrote:
Just got the acceptance from Stern. Didn't think it would be more nerve-racking to open the email than it was to wait for a phone call, but it was. My hands were shaking as I was typing my password. Just for a matter of reference for others waiting for a decision, I interviewed last Monday (3/23) and had my transcript with me.


Congrats on the acceptance! I also interviewed last Monday, and knowing that you got an acceptance this soon has gotten me really excited to hear back from admissions. I had no idea that Stern does not call its admitted applicants but instead sends out emails. I guess I will be constantly checking my email account at work for the next few days!


Since you didn't know that they sent out emails, I should warn you that you'll receive a very generic email from "NYU Stern MBA Admissions." The email basically states that your status has been updated, with no indication of good or bad news. Then you have to log in and navigate to the status update. I'm hoping that when you finally get to that page, you see good news! Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 28
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 10:03
2
Got my admit an hour ago and goes without saying that I am ecstatic! It was really a rollercoaster ride. Hope to see you all during LAUNCH!

Indian applicant
Interviewed: 6/3
Admit: 1/4
Transcripts given on: 17/3
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2014
Posts: 219
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 10:19
hemchander11 wrote:
Got my admit an hour ago and goes without saying that I am ecstatic! It was really a rollercoaster ride. Hope to see you all during
LAUNCH!

Indian applicant
Interviewed: 6/3
Admit: 1/4
Transcripts given on: 17/3


Congrats...did they mention any scholarship?
If you may know, how is their genorisity in terms of scholarship?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 28
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 10:22
FightToSurvive wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
Got my admit an hour ago and goes without saying that I am ecstatic! It was really a rollercoaster ride. Hope to see you all during
LAUNCH!

Indian applicant
Interviewed: 6/3
Admit: 1/4
Transcripts given on: 17/3


Congrats...did they mention any scholarship?
If you may know, how is their genorisity in terms of scholarship?

Posted from my mobile device



Thank you! No mention of scholarship. I just got a status update. Info about scholarship will come in my official acceptance letter though I am not holding my breath. On talking to a couple of people before applying to Stern, I found that Stern are not very generous with financial aid. But, I'll research it further and will keep you posted. Have you gotten in too?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 42
Location: United States
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 11:08
My interview is in less than 6 days... I really hope to get a positive response soon and share the good news with you guys. Honestly speaking, have not slept since the day I recieved my invitation. Any personal interview experiences anyone would like to share, any do's and dont's?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2015
Posts: 63
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 14:21
2
bhatt_devang wrote:
My interview is in less than 6 days... I really hope to get a positive response soon and share the good news with you guys. Honestly speaking, have not slept since the day I recieved my invitation. Any personal interview experiences anyone would like to share, any do's and dont's?


Don't be nervous! The interviews are very straightforward. Just understand your goals: what companies you want to work for, why New York, what activities will you be engaged with, why Stern. Also, they can pull anything from your resume or application - just be able to speak to any of the things you mentioned. For example, I didn't expect for my interviewer to ask about some activities I did in college since it was so far back, but that was something on my resume that stood out to her.

Good luck! And get some rest!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.78
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 20:01
2
bhatt_devang wrote:
My interview is in less than 6 days... I really hope to get a positive response soon and share the good news with you guys. Honestly speaking, have not slept since the day I recieved my invitation. Any personal interview experiences anyone would like to share, any do's and dont's?


You have nothing to worry about! If you have been invited to an interview, then that means that the admissions committee likes your profile and they will be glad to hear you talk about all the experiences and stories that you wrote about in your application. My Stern interview was easily the most casual and smoothest MBA interview that I had, and all the applicants that I spoke to pretty much agreed that their interviews were super casual. My interviewer was very warm and seemed genuinely interested in my background (or at least she did a great job pretending to be interested :lol: ).

Some tips for the interview:
- As mentioned in the posts above, it is very important to know your story. You need to know the answers to all the standard questions: Tell me about yourself. Why MBA? Why Stern? etc
- You should expect some light follow up questions. For example if you talk about your undergrad college, the interviewer may ask you why you chose your degree and school.
- Do your research and know the industry you want to work in post MBA. You must be able to name the top companies you want to work for and what attracts you to those companies.
- It's normal to be a little nervous. Everyone will feel some amount of nervous energy before their interview, and most people will feel better as the interview progresses.
- If you are still worried about being nervous, I suggest you warm up by chatting with the other applicants and with the Stern students at the student lunch before your interview.
- If you attend the student lunch or a class visit before your interview, your interviewer might ask you about it. My interviewer asked me if I learned anything new about Stern or my chosen industry from the student lunch.
- If you are not a morning person, I suggest you schedule your interview in the afternoon. Be sure to sleep well the night before the interview.
- Bring your transcripts.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2015, 20:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57    Next  [ 1137 posts ] 

Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne