GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 10:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Posts: 6
Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 13:56
The wait is so nerve wracking. I'm losing all hope of even being invited to interview. :?

Would someone mind sharing what email address they got the "your app status has changed" email from? Was it the same one from which we were informed of the Status Check login details (appstat@stern.nyu.edu)? I want to set up an alert on my phone for emails from that address. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Current Johnson Student ('17)
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 300
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 15:55
Finally heard back from Stern since I submitted last 1/15. Ding.

Goodluck to the rest of you folks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2015
Posts: 55
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 15:58
Sorry to hear that goodluck with other schools.
ceekster wrote:
Finally heard back from Stern since I submitted last 1/15. Ding.

Goodluck to the rest of you folks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Current Johnson Student ('17)
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 300
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 16:00
Aspiring123 wrote:
Sorry to hear that goodluck with other schools.
ceekster wrote:
Finally heard back from Stern since I submitted last 1/15. Ding.

Goodluck to the rest of you folks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Posted from my mobile device


Kinda expected it since never really heard back from Stern.
Thanks though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 17:19
ceekster wrote:
Aspiring123 wrote:
Sorry to hear that goodluck with other schools.
ceekster wrote:
Finally heard back from Stern since I submitted last 1/15. Ding.

Goodluck to the rest of you folks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Posted from my mobile device


Kinda expected it since never really heard back from Stern.
Thanks though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about your ding. It's good that you have at least one admit.

Is that it then -- if we haven't heard back from Stern for so long, it's likely to be a ding? Do they usually wait as long as they can to let people know, for what ever reason?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Current Johnson Student ('17)
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 300
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 17:27
volley wrote:

Is that it then -- if we haven't heard back from Stern for so long, it's likely to be a ding? Do they usually wait as long as they can to let people know, for what ever reason?


A few people on this thread have received the silent treatment from Stern for a while and then eventually get an interview invite.

Just to share my stats are:

680/3.05 / 6 Years WE iBanking / Philippines

I must say though that I had a kick ass application video essay with some portions shot right outside Stern.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 128
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 22:58
ceekster wrote:
volley wrote:

Is that it then -- if we haven't heard back from Stern for so long, it's likely to be a ding? Do they usually wait as long as they can to let people know, for what ever reason?


A few people on this thread have received the silent treatment from Stern for a while and then eventually get an interview invite.

Just to share my stats are:

680/3.05 / 6 Years WE iBanking / Philippines

I must say though that I had a kick ass application video essay with some portions shot right outside Stern.


So much effort on the application and not getting the desired result. Feel sorry for you! But having one admit and two interview results awaited.. I'm sure something good is around the corner.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 183
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:44
wishingpraying wrote:
TheWaitlistGuy wrote:
hira86 wrote:
Just got the decision from Stern. Got in. Interviewed in London.


Congratulations !!! When did you interview ?


Congrats! I'm in as well. I received the decision exactly 3 weeks after my interview--down to the time as well!


Good to know. I thought 3 weeks = definite ding.

Originally posted by SC29 on 19 Mar 2015, 02:51.
Last edited by SC29 on 20 Mar 2015, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Posts: 33
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 05:32
submitted on 15th, Jan. nothing yet, status remains "under review"
i am lossing hope with every second passing by. but i don't know why Stern couldn't send me a ding directly?
two weeks ago, my friend who submitted on 13th Jan told me her status jumped directly from "being presented to admission" to ding.  Today, another girl who was interviewed on 9th, March got her ding letter.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 824
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 05:41
did you get an interview?
leila0709 wrote:
submitted on 15th, Jan. nothing yet, status remains "under review"
i am lossing hope with every second passing by. but i don't know why Stern couldn't send me a ding directly?
two weeks ago, my friend who submitted on 13th Jan told me her status jumped directly from "being presented to admission" to ding.  Today, another girl who was interviewed on 9th, March got her ding letter.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2015
Posts: 55
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 07:48
Applied R3. Received ding today. No interview.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Posts: 8
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.72
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 07:53
Oh so sorry to hear! I've had a few dings by now and I know how disappointing it can be.
I am in the same boat - applied R3 but still haven't heard back from Admissions. Sounds like a lot of people are getting responses now though. Keeping my fingers crossed for an interview!
Good luck to you with your other applications!
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 824
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 08:06
i wish they would ding me already....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2014
Posts: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 08:12
volley wrote:
The wait is so nerve wracking. I'm losing all hope of even being invited to interview. :?

Would someone mind sharing what email address they got the "your app status has changed" email from? Was it the same one from which we were informed of the Status Check login details (appstat@stern.nyu.edu)? I want to set up an alert on my phone for emails from that address. Thanks!


Volley,
The email I received was from 'decisions@stern.nyu.edu.'
I was under the impression that they call first but apparently not. Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Posts: 33
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 14:22
Aspiring123 wrote:
Applied R3. Received ding today. No interview.

Posted from my mobile device



Sorry for the ding. Did u receive the ding letter or just your status changed to ding?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 136
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 16:15
Congratulations, hira!

April 1st has been mentioned a few times as 'hard deadline' but is this actually correct?
All I get from the website is that 4/1 is the initial notification deadline, hence not applying to all who've already been interviewed.
Has anybody asked AdCom about this?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 183
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 06:41
Waitlisted after interview. Going to decline the waitlist place.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 824
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 07:15
i don't want to check.....just got the email... i'm actually secretly hoping it's a ding and not WL
SC29 wrote:
Waitlisted after interview. Going to decline the waitlist place.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 07:35
angelfire213 wrote:
i don't want to check.....just got the email... i'm actually secretly hoping it's a ding and not WL
SC29 wrote:
Waitlisted after interview. Going to decline the waitlist place.


I noticed from your profile that you got dinged. Sorry about that. But looks like you have applied to all the schools in the world like me, so best of luck for the others.

Do you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 09:24
2
hira86 wrote:
volley wrote:
The wait is so nerve wracking. I'm losing all hope of even being invited to interview. :?

Would someone mind sharing what email address they got the "your app status has changed" email from? Was it the same one from which we were informed of the Status Check login details (appstat@stern.nyu.edu)? I want to set up an alert on my phone for emails from that address. Thanks!


Volley,
The email I received was from 'decisions@stern.nyu.edu.'
I was under the impression that they call first but apparently not. Good Luck!

Hira,
Thanks so much for the reply! :) I've set the alert. Still checking my email as often as I can, though... Oh the joys of agonizing over admits! :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2015, 09:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  57    Next  [ 1137 posts ] 

Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne