Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi, Just looking a little ahead, does anyone have an idea of the amount of first installment in case of an offer and also the deadline for the same.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
prateekj23 wrote:
Hi, Just looking a little ahead, does anyone have an idea of the amount of first installment in case of an offer and also the deadline for the same.

I've read that 2 years ago they asked for a commitment fee of 2,000 pounds. Looking through other Masters courses at London, they do not seem to raise this value every year. I think they may charge something between 2,000 - 2,500 to pay until January 15.

But this is not the first installment.

Here is their FAQ explanation about the payment process (they do not say values, but I will put in brackets my estimate):

"How does the payment process work?

If you are made an offer of a place on the programme, you pay an initial commitment fee (I guess from 2,000-2,500) to reserve your place in the class. This is normally due three to four weeks after you receive your offer letter, and is deducted from your total fees. The second payment is the reservation fee (6,000 - 8,000, guessing by what they charge on the Masters), which is made in June before the class begins. This payment is also deducted from your total fees. These payments are non-refundable. All deadlines are subject to change on an annual basis.

Can I pay in instalments?

Yes. You can pay your first-year fees in three instalments, one at the beginning of each term. Or you can pay in full for your first year when you start the programme."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
MBA92 wrote:
Not sure how useful this will be, but I am 23 and currently have 2 years of full time work experience, I would be 24 at time of matriculation with 3 years WE, 1 in industry and 2 in consulting.

I had my interview yesterday. My age came up briefly (when my interviewer was asking why LBS over other schools I applied to) but I feel like he had a mandate to question my leadership experience to ensure that my age would not be a hindrance.

I would not discourage anyone from applying, as the fact that I got an interview meant my work experience and age didn't completely rule me out and when I went on the LBS tour they only stressed that 2yrs WE was the minimum threshold and all others will be considered. However, I would say that I am worried I may get the "please apply again in the future" email even if I performed well in my interview.

That was helpful, thank you! May I ask if your consulting experience is in MBB?

I'm 23 as well, but I've only worked for two tech startups throughout my admittedly short career, although my career has progressed faster than most. I think I may take a shot at LBS, doesn't seem like I have much to lose. I'm also encouraged by the fact that IESE decided to interview me (even though they are in different tiers, European schools do trend older), so hopefully that means something.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
niddy wrote:
manolocaramelo wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:
Has anyone with 3 years of work experience at matriculation (or 2 years currently) received an invite? I'm thinking about applying in the next round, but I'm not too sure about how open LBS is to applicants on the lower end of the work experience spectrum.

Hi, same question here... It seems that nobody with that WE have recieved an invite. Bad luck for us my friend :(

I have 4 years of WE and they have stressed to my interviewer that I was too young and that understanding the relevance of my WE was the most important thing.
So, I guess 2 years may not be enough for them... Unless you have a very relevant experience... Why don't you try asking them for a profile evaluation?
If you send them your GMAT scores, they automatically write to ask for you CV, offering a profile evaluation. But I guess you can also find a form or something on the website.

Thanks for the insight! I'm not sure my experience is all that relevant, I've only worked in technology, first as an engineer and now as a product manager.

Has anyone asked for a profile evaluation? I haven't found a form or a link of any kind on the website...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
Thanks for the insight! I'm not sure my experience is all that relevant, I've only worked in technology, first as an engineer and now as a product manager.

Has anyone asked for a profile evaluation? I haven't found a form or a link of any kind on the website...

Here you go...

https://interact.london.edu/form.asp?m=&cid=&page=1
Manager
Manager
Send PM
runNYC07 wrote:

Thanks! I filled it up, but the form looks really dated so I'm not sure if I'm going to hear back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
runNYC07 wrote:

Thanks! I filled it up, but the form looks really dated so I'm not sure if I'm going to hear back.

In their webinar today, they recommended sending your CV to: mba@london.edu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.15
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
niddy wrote:
prateekj23 wrote:

I've read that 2 years ago they asked for a commitment fee of 2,000 pounds. Looking through other Masters courses at London, they do not seem to raise this value every year. I think they may charge something between 2,000 - 2,500 to pay until January 15.

But this is not the first installment.

Here is their FAQ explanation about the payment process (they do not say values, but I will put in brackets my estimate):

"How does the payment process work?

If you are made an offer of a place on the programme, you pay an initial commitment fee (I guess from 2,000-2,500) to reserve your place in the class. This is normally due three to four weeks after you receive your offer letter, and is deducted from your total fees. The second payment is the reservation fee (6,000 - 8,000, guessing by what they charge on the Masters), which is made in June before the class begins. This payment is also deducted from your total fees. These payments are non-refundable. All deadlines are subject to change on an annual basis.

Can I pay in instalments?

Yes. You can pay your first-year fees in three instalments, one at the beginning of each term. Or you can pay in full for your first year when you start the programme."

Thanks for the info, definitely reassuring that the first installment is not that big
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So the gist of the response for my profile review was: "Having reviewed your CV, I can confirm that you have a good profile, although at the lighter end of MBA requirement. Obviously, a CV is only one part of the admission’s criteria and we are not able to make a credible judgement until a full application is received.

Please bear in mind that admission is based on a holistic approach, analysing your educational background as well as your work experience, GMAT score (you already have a good score of 710), essays, references, and, if you are short-listed, your performance at a one-to-one interview."

Should I take this as a "yes, you should apply" or "no, you should reconsider"?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
So the gist of the response for my profile review was: "Having reviewed your CV, I can confirm that you have a good profile, although at the lighter end of MBA requirement. Obviously, a CV is only one part of the admission’s criteria and we are not able to make a credible judgement until a full application is received.

Please bear in mind that admission is based on a holistic approach, analysing your educational background as well as your work experience, GMAT score (you already have a good score of 710), essays, references, and, if you are short-listed, your performance at a one-to-one interview."

Should I take this as a "yes, you should apply" or "no, you should reconsider"?

I would take this as a yes, apply as long as in the essays and application you really work on showing why you're a good fit even if you're at the "lighter end". I presume you know why you are at the "lighter end" so you need to show them that you have experiences that counteract this perception.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
xyeek wrote:
I would take this as a yes, apply as long as in the essays and application you really work on showing why you're a good fit even if you're at the "lighter end". I presume you know why you are at the "lighter end" so you need to show them that you have experiences that counteract this perception.

I've been veering towards taking it as a yes as well. Thanks for the advice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
1 week and 5 days ..:D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Brand Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
NYC471 wrote:

I die a little bit every time I am reminded... :roll: :roll: :roll: lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
ignatova wrote:
NYC471 wrote:

If only life had a fast forward option :D BTW, my productivity at work is going down every day
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hopefullythisyear wrote:
ignatova wrote:
NYC471 wrote:

If only life had a fast forward option :D BTW, my productivity at work is going down every day

I have been trying to have champagne regularly as a way to FFW but it is not that effective any more...lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ignatova wrote:

I have been trying to have champagne regularly as a way to FFW but it is not that effective any more...lol

Cocktails might be the next level up...packs a bit more punch :wink:

Does anyone know if LBS usually starts making acceptance calls 2-3 days before the deadline? The closer it gets to the deadline the more nervous I feel....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
xyeek wrote:
ignatova wrote:

Cocktails might be the next level up...packs a bit more punch :wink:

Does anyone know if LBS usually starts making acceptance calls 2-3 days before the deadline? The closer it gets to the deadline the more nervous I feel....

At the end of the deadlines info there is part of a paragraph that is cut off, at least for my browsers. Based on how it starts and on similar info for the rest of the LBS programs, should say this:
"All decisions are communicated via email. We are not able to discuss a candidate's decision over the phone, or with anyone other than the applicant. We will contact you directly should any document or information be missing."
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts