Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Re: Admitted Said MBA Students (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
123Avi wrote:
123Avi wrote:
123Avi wrote:
Nice initiative . Thanks !
I spoke to an Indian student recently graduated. He is yet to find a job. However he said nothing to worry as most would be placed in next three months.

Hi Added you there.... Nidhi, please let me have your mail id.

Guys , anyone who wants to join the group, please send me the PM with your mail ids and I'll add you there. It'll serve us good hopefully.

Just got a mail from Gisela...
The Said scholarship decisions will be sent out via email by the end of this week, if you don’t get an email then I’m afraid you didn’t get a scholarship.
Kind Regards,
Gisela.

Nidhi, Anuradha, Veenasan...Added you guys to the group[/quote]
Avgroh...added you to the group
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
avi1589 wrote:
Hey all,

I received the Oxford admit as well. Congrats to all you guys! I hope we end up meeting :)

My biggest concern is post MBA job opportunities in the UK for Indian students, considering that the visa will expire quite quickly.

I plan to write to the admissions team asking for stats, like how many students managed to land a job in UK/EU region via campus placement from Oxford. Additionally, I plan to talk to as many Indian Oxford graduates as possible - those who managed to get a job and those who didn't. Combined with stats, this will give us some perspective. I will get back to you guys with this info as soon as I know. Will post it here.

Let's crowd source as much as possible to make more informed decisions. Please share conversations or insight that you might have that can benefit us all. With a broad network, we can crowd source more relevant info.

Finance wise - I will be taking up Prodigy Financing to cover my tuition fees. Anyone else taking up the same?

Feel free to message me and exchange numbers, I'd love to have a conversation to discuss similar concerns. Sooner the better :)

Regards,
Avinash Satish
Chennai, India

P.S : There's a webinar on 28th October, 9:30 - 10 pm IST to address - how to confirm your Oxford place, colleges and accommodation. There's a registration link at the bottom of the mail sent by Alex Macknamara from Oxford.

UPDATE

Post MBA Job opportunities - I spoke to a student from India, who recently graduated this September. Her aim was to work in grass-root India on educational projects, so after graduation she came back home to look for jobs. All her peers seeking employment in the UK are in the process of job hunting through campus placement. Majority get into consulting in her opinion, and those with prior experience seem to stand a better chance of getting company sponsored work visas. Having said that, she said there's plenty of opportunity to learn the ropes of consulting by becoming an active member in the student clubs. She also said that it was possible to begin job hunting as early as June. The Strategy Consulting Project has 2 credits and is not mandatory. You can opt out of it by taking 2 elective courses and completing them before June. Alternatively, you can also land an internship using your personal network during this period. But internships have no credits.

I also wrote to the career services team asking for stats by region - how many Indian students landed jobs through campus placements for '13-14, 12-13 batches

This was their reply :
'We are still pulling the employment report for the 2014-15 classes together so unfortunately I am not able to supply this information (as mentioned in your email). As for the previous classes, all reports are available on the Oxford Saïd website and here are the links below:

2012-13 report https://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/sites/default/files/Degrees/MBA/Docs/mba-interim-employment-report-aug2014-v2.pdf
2013-14 reporthttps://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/sites/default/files/Recruit_our_students/Docs/updatedEmployment%20ReportMBAClass2013-14.pdf'
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 4
Send PM
Has anyone received a scholarship notification?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.14
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Nothing so far. I had written to Charlene New earlier this morning for info on whether I'm being considered for any.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 4
Send PM
I hope we find out soon - it matters so much. Because such big numbers are often discussed, we lose perspective about how much we are actually talking about here. Even £5k is a lot of money especially given that this must be paid after tax and with interest (if, like me, you'll be getting a loan).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
avgroh wrote:
Nothing so far. I had written to Charlene New earlier this morning for info on whether I'm being considered for any.

I wrote to Charlene and Charlotte. I received an immediate reply from Charlotte. I suggest you write to her as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
any update guys abt scholarships ? eagerly awaiting ..huh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
avi1589 wrote:
avgroh wrote:

I wrote to Charlene and Charlotte. I received an immediate reply from Charlotte. I suggest you write to her as well.

That worked, thanks! Got a month's extension to scout for loans and get an approval for it. Should hear/not hear about scholarship decision (for R1) in the next hour or so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Poirot19 wrote:
Anyone travelling to Oxford for the MBA experience weekend (6th November)?

avinash that's a really great initiative! Would be really great to have that info. I have a small piece of information to add - 8 Indian students were offered positions at Amazon this year. Heard this from a current student, haven't verified from the adcom or career services!

Hello,
I am going to Oxford for MBA experience weekend. Although, was there two weeks ago for an interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Send PM