Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Ivey '18 (I)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! [#permalink]
Kudos
sandipkundug wrote:
Profile evaluation:

B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering (8.04 degree gpa) from India
10+ years of IT experience (including 2.5 years in US & Europe)
2+ years in business development (Family business)
2+ years of teaching experience (Professional courses)

Targeting GMAT score of 650 (Q50,V30). I am looking forward for Canadian MBA/MS programs to settle in Canada.

Expert guidance / Feedback required.

Hi, Do you mean you have over 14 years of exp in total? If yes then it might be little too much for Queen's FT mba. If no then I think your profile looks good. With 650 you should give it a shot.
My exp is 12 yrs and when i discussed my case with queen MBA counsellor she said for 2018 intake( which would mean 13 yrs by then) my exp will be on higher side.
Having said that you should apply for it in any case. There is no application fee. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! [#permalink]
rakaisraka wrote:
sandipkundug wrote:
Profile evaluation:

Targeting GMAT score of 650 (Q50,V30). I am looking forward for Canadian MBA/MS programs to settle in Canada.

Hi, Do you mean you have over 14 years of exp in total? If yes then it might be little too much for Queen's FT mba. If no then I think your profile looks good. With 650 you should give it a shot.
My exp is 12 yrs and when i discussed my case with queen MBA counsellor she said for 2018 intake( which would mean 13 yrs by then) my exp will be on higher side.
Having said that you should apply for it in any case. There is no application fee. All the best.

No, I will be having 10.5 years of exact IT experience. 2+ experience in business development & teaching is in parallel. What score will make me a strong candidate? Anything which i can do better to get through?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
sandipkundug wrote:
rakaisraka wrote:
sandipkundug wrote:
Profile evaluation:

No, I will be having 10.5 years of exact IT experience. 2+ experience in business development & teaching is in parallel. What score will make me a strong candidate? Anything which i can do better to get through?

GMAT 650 is decent score , provided your essays and recommendations are good as well. Being an Indian student if you try to improve your gmat to >= 680 that would help too.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hello All,

I am applying for Sep 2017 intake. I have a score of 650 in GMAT and 4 years of experience in NPO and IT. I want to proceed with my application with this score. I need some advise for cover letter structure, word limit etc. and also on how to strengthen my profile as I am looking forward to proceed with this score only.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Queen's MBA 2018,

Congrats to everyone for making an excellent decision and on behalf of all alum, welcome to the family!

My name is John Paul de Silva and I'm a 2010 (full-time program) who's now Founder and Managing Director of Social Focus Consulting. We develop outstandingly innovative marketing strategies that help non-profit organizations raise more funding and awareness.

All of our consultants are Queen's MBA and Commerce students which lets non-profits tap into our knowledge of social media, youth engagement, and strategic business thinking. We've been recognized by the Globe & Mail as one of Canada's 10 most remarkable small businesses (among 120+ nominations) and have been featured by Sales Force as an innovative company.

With this model, I'm a very active alum and will be holding an info/recruiting session for the company on February 3, around noon, at Queen's. I'll also be directly involved with one of the courses in the program.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon - in the meanwhile, you can connect with me via Twitter (@jp9desilva or @goSocialFocus), Facebook (just PM me) or email JohnPaul@SocialFocusConsulting.ca

Thanks and happy new year!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
vishwaprakash wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
vishwaprakash wrote:
Hi All,

I am creating this thread for all the folks joining Queens MBA - class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake) or who are planning to apply to Queen's Smith school of business. We can use this thread to discuss about the approach for application or help one another during various stages of selection process.

I got an admit for queen's FT MBA program 2018, starting in Jan 2017.

I will be happy to answer your queries .

Lets get this thread started !

All the best :)

Regards,
Vishwa

Hey Vishwa, was going to start this today and there you go, you have done it. Thank you. :) I am also considering Queen's 18 in case I do not get through the fall admits of any of my target schools in Canada. Would you kindly share your profile and your admission timelines?
I am in the early stages and have just got my admissions representative assigned.

Regards,
Vijay G

Hi Vijay,

I have 5 years of work experience in IT service and Consulting company. I started my application in Nov 15, and Completed it by mid of December. What i understood is "Queen's does not have strict deadlines, it is more like Rolling admission process" .

Your application advisor will guide through the entire process, and Queen's admission process is very collaborative.

For any queries related to Cover letter or video interview stage ... please feel free to contact me

Regards,
Vishwa :)

Hi, I got my interview today. Awaiting final decision. The interview was very interactive. I pray I get admitted
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Quick question
Is it necessary to submit official transcripts before interview nd assessment

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Yeah. It's compulsory for the interview stage. Your document as to complete before they schedule an interview for you

Sent from my SM-A520W using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Smith Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Smith Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Smith Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Smith Forum to dive into all things related to Smith's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts