GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 06:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2016, 21:51
myleo wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:
Received a mail from my application advisor last night and she said that the school has reached its enrollment capacity and that going forward admissions will be done on a wait list basis where the most competitive of the students will be offered an admission!

It's tough to believe that we are in the middle of R2 and enrollment capacity has already been reached..

the batch size is small and the school recently got 50 million which would be used for giving out higher scholarships and attracting better faculty. Hence it could be possible that the school has filled up 50-60% of the quota and now only wants students with a 700+ gmat and a unique background. They are doing some pretty good things and hence i would recommend sticking and following up with queens on a regular basis if you are waitlisted.

Hey, let's say if someone on a wait list doesn't get a seat for this intake then does he get the seat for next intake?

I mean would the wait listed students have to go through the application process once again for the next year?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Queens MBA Thread Master
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2016, 22:18
rakaisraka wrote:
Hi , can anyone tell me about the video questions? What is the process and any idea what kind of questions are asked?

Thanks

Hi rakaisraka

1. video interview questions are highly behavioural. It is hard to prepare for Questions but you can prepare for questions patterns . Question may test one's leadership, team skills or personality traits.
Say for eg : Tell us what is leadership according to you ? , Which pet do you like and why ?
Basically in my view, these stage tests how candidate articulates thoughts in given time and present it in limited time frame.

2. Prepare well to get acquainted with platform. It is crucial, practice enough on platform, it will make you comfortable for actual interview. Be aware of time, make sure you end your response before the platform stops recording.

3. Have a confident smile, it is ok to fumble or pause, after all we all are human and we will need sometime to articulate our thought. In my case, in one of the question i fumbled allot. but then i think that is natural.

4. Be in your own pace , pitch and tone. You did awesome till this date with your speaking skills and you will do awesome in that interview as well.

5. Appear for interview as if it is real one. Be in business formal and everything that one should take care. At queens, this is one of the deciding stage.

Best of luck, and Please feel free to message me here, I will be happy to help you.

Best luck and be in touch :)
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2016, 02:42
Hi, thanks for your reply. Currently I have submitted online application for preliminary assessment and waiting to hear from advisor. Some one has mentioned above that they have started putting people on hold now which is disappointing but Iam hoping for the best. I will surely keep you posted.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2016, 01:15
So it's been pretty good in the last 3 months. The program is hectic especially the core period which lasts until june. About 50% of the assignments and class work are team based. The alumni base is amazing and most of them will help you out. I have spoken to alumni who are at a very senior position in different countries and they have been very helpful. At the end of it like anything else you need to put in the effort. Its important to understand that you dont end up getting a job just because you got into a top tier program. Yes queens is a strong brand in Canada and it helps but you need to work hard, put in the effort and reach out to people to be successful at a job search. If you dont like a team-based learning environment this isn't the program for you. A lot of people are individualistic in nature and thats okay but select a program accordingly then. If anyone needs specific advice I can help you out but shoot me a pm. Lastly, as i said before if you have a good profile you will get through provided your interviews went well and you wont be waitlisted. Queens tries to limit the international students to about 50% of the batch which is a good thing in my opinion as your teams are then well balanced but its a slight negative for international students in a way too.
One more question which was asked was if you are waitlisted do you automatically get admission next year and the answer is no. The best thing to do if you are waitlisted is to reach out to the program director or associate director and explain why you are a good fit. Limit your emails to a few though while following up and dont bombard them. Giving gmat again and getting a higher score is another way you could be admitted from the waitlist. Only drawback to being wl is that the scholarships would be small or you won't be offered one at all as scholarships are unfortunately based on how many other schools want you as well in a way.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2016, 12:17
Hi Folks,

I am a current Q'MBA student - happy to help and address any clarifications / questions you may have!

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 09:26
Hi Guys,

I have applied in Queens MMA program. An applicant advisor has been assigned to complete my application. I have a question regarding the cover letter. Whom do I address the cover letter? Should I address it to the application advisor? or should I adress it to the program director mentioned in their website? or someone else? Although I have to send it directly to the application advisor in that sense I should address it to him, right??Any suggestions???
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 10:28
Lucky_Rish wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have applied in Queens MMA program. An applicant advisor has been assigned to complete my application. I have a question regarding the cover letter. Whom do I address the cover letter? Should I address it to the application advisor? or should I adress it to the program director mentioned in their website? or someone else? Although I have to send it directly to the application advisor in that sense I should address it to him, right??Any suggestions???

Hi Lucky, Please address it to the program director.. and mention the complete address of the school while doing so. Make it formal.. the application advisors are really helpful and you can ask him anything (just so that next time you dont have to wait too long for a reply on the forums) Who are you working with? Jerimie?!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 10:35
ankit0703 wrote:
Lucky_Rish wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Lucky, Please address it to the program director.. and mention the complete address of the school while doing so. Make it formal.. the application advisors are really helpful and you can ask him anything (just so that next time you dont have to wait too long for a reply on the forums) Who are you working with? Jerimie?!

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry my advisor is a she, its Megan. Are you a student at Queens/MMA?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 13:05
Lucky_Rish wrote:
ankit0703 wrote:
Lucky_Rish wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry my advisor is a she, its Megan. Are you a student at Queens/MMA?

Hi Lucky, yes I am a Queen's MBA + MMA Candidate.. no worries if the advisor is someone else.. they all are very helpful so do not hesitate to reach out to them or me. Are you just applying to MMA program?!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2016, 01:27
Question: I have recently received the invitation for video interview. does that mean my application is looking good and my chance of getting into the program is high?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2016, 01:38
beebee9211 wrote:
Question: I have recently received the invitation for video interview. does that mean my application is looking good and my chance of getting into the program is high?

Congratulations!
Your profile is definitely better than those who don't get an interview invite... But now you have another hurdle which is the interview...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2016, 10:12
beebee9211 wrote:

Hi there,

Are you referring to the video essay or the skype interview? If you have the call for an interview, it is the last step and yes, things have been good so far in terms of overall application process. But if you mean the video essay, then it is one component of the application - your entire profile is then evaluated, factoring in essay, LoR, scores, video essay etc.

Hope this helps.

Ankit
Queen's MBA 2017
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2016, 10:13
b2bt wrote:
beebee9211 wrote:

Congratulations!
Your profile is definitely better than those who don't get an interview invite... But now you have another hurdle which is the interview...

So not every one who apply receive video interview? is that right? I thought maybe it was a standard for everyone applicants.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2016, 10:16
ankit0703 wrote:
beebee9211 wrote:

Hi there,

Are you referring to the video essay or the skype interview? If you have the call for an interview, it is the last step and yes, things have been good so far in terms of overall application process. But if you mean the video essay, then it is one component of the application - your entire profile is then evaluated, factoring in essay, LoR, scores, video essay etc.

Hope this helps.

Ankit
Queen's MBA 2017

Hi Ankit! Thanks for your reply. I was referring to the video interview. So i guess everyone receive the invite for the video question after they apply the program, right?
I only have a GMAT score of 650. Do you think it will be good enough for Queens?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2016, 22:00
beebee9211 wrote:
ankit0703 wrote:
beebee9211 wrote:

Hi there,

Hope this helps.

Ankit
Queen's MBA 2017

Hi Ankit! Thanks for your reply. I was referring to the video interview. So i guess everyone receive the invite for the video question after they apply the program, right?
I only have a GMAT score of 650. Do you think it will be good enough for Queens?

GMAT is not the only thing which they consider. What they consider is a strong profile.
If you have anything in your application which makes it stronger or unique than other's, you'll be selected.
I know I'm just pointing out the obvious but aspirants, like myself, forget that ultimately this is what matters.

I guess average GMAT here is 680 so I guess your GMAT is little low. But again, is there anything which makes your profile stronger?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2016, 22:00
BTW, anyone here only applying for Queen's MMA program?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2016, 20:12
Hi everyone,

I am very interested in applying Queen's MBA program. I saw that they have already started to waitlist applicants. I am wondering when do people usually get notified about being waitlisted - during the application process or after the final interview? How long they usually get back to you if you have been waitlisted? Being waitlisted must be horrible to feel.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2016, 04:35
Hi,

I will be joining Queens MBA class starting Jan 2017.I had applied towards the end of last year but could not get a seat last year as the class was full.So I was offered a seat for this 2017 Jan.
Great to see an active forum for this. If there is a google group created for next years class admits, please add me in it.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2016, 06:44
Hi Ankit

Im looking to apply to the Queens MBA program for the Jan 2017 intake.

To give you a gist of my background, I work in the International Division at an top Indian Investment Bank and have 5 years of work experience till date. I have a 630 score on the GMAT and preparing to retake the GMAT in August 2016. I also have a 75% score at graduation. I have also completed CFA Level 1 and done a Diploma program in Business Law

I am not looking to change my field and am considering to continue in Finance

Could you please provide a few insights on the following:

- Does the September application deadline look difficult to get through, considering the previously mentioned waitlisting of potential candidates?
-Any tips for the application process ?
- What is your feedback on the program, the professors, method of teaching, team work ?
- How do the placement statistics look for your batch? Been hearing that many students in Canadian colleges have not been very successful in getting a placement after graduation ?
- Are there any drawbacks to the 1 year program at Queens vs a 2 year program offered by other universities?
- Feedback on the reputation and acceptance of the Queens degree among employers

Will be very grateful for your insights on the program.

I was also considering applying to Sauder and Mc GIll. But the one year program at Queens is what is driving me toward it

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2016, 15:01
Hi, quick correction - the average GMAT is 650, so as long as you have a good profile and remain consistent through essay, recommendations, and interview, things should be fine. Feel free to PM me for any more information.
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! &nbs [#permalink] 21 Jun 2016, 15:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 91 posts ] 

Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap