Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Silly question about the Gmatclub reviews on prep courses [#permalink]
Thanks guys, so i am the only one doubting the veracity of these reviews. it seems incredible that there is no reasonable explanation... i created the topic in the "General GMAT Questions and Strategies" part. Maybe i will have more chances to have an answer there.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Silly question about the Gmatclub reviews on prep courses [#permalink]
Hey,

IMO, there are some offers going on if you write the gmat reviews.\
For Ex this.
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/magoosh-345345496

So, people come, create profile and just write the reviews. The registered users give their reviews in the debriefs. Just my personal thoughts.I do not have any data to back my thoughts.

Regards,
Ankur
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Hey,

IMO, there are some offers going on if you write the gmat reviews.\
For Ex this.
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/magoosh-345345496

So, people come, create profile and just write the reviews. The registered users give their reviews in the debriefs. Just my personal thoughts.I do not have any data to back my thoughts.

Regards,
Ankur

Thank you for your answer Ankur.
mmm you might have a point but my it doesnt explain my first point. Neither it gives me the reason why no gmatclub members with at least 1 post wrote any review. I looked for a review wrote by an active Gmatclub member in the Veritas reviews and i didnt find any! :? i stopped to look after a few pages.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
oss198 wrote:
Gmatclub has an awesome page for reviews on prep courses. Here is an example https://gmatclub.com/reviews/veritas-prep-4

It is written and explained that the reviews are verified and i trust that. However, i find it strange that :

1) A big majority of the comment are made by "anonymous". What is the big deal to show your username? Why 80% of the people saying positive comment would want to hide their username?

2) A big majority of the comments with visible username has exactly 0 posts, 0 kudos given/received on Gmatclub :shock: . Is it not strange that someone would create an account on the website only to post a review? even if they would have created it to use the Gmatclub tests center (free with the courses). Is it not strange that they would have no other activity on the whole website?

To put it simply ; i found it hard to see reviews of members of the forum with more than 1 or 2 posts/kudos)

If someone has the answer : thank you :wink:

Hi. Good question - we do ask people to supply their score reports and many do (you can see them). Though the names are blurred out, we do get them with all of the personal info and details.

As to the zero posts, I can tell you why - the prep companies are strongly encouraging folks to submit reviews and some are much more aggressive about it. You can see the difference of Kaplan vs. MGMAT (one of them encourages and the other does not).

Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
BB
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts