Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
mbahopeful18 wrote:
Keepingit100 wrote:
Anyone opt to stay on the waitlist? Did you get any confirmation back that they got your email?

I opted in yesterday and received an auto-generated response saying that my place on the waitlist had been confirmed.

Thanks, got it in the spam folder.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
anyone who applied in the first round i.e. 4th Nov didn't get a reply??

No reject/ no Interview invite.. I just don't understand what's going on with my app :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone else opted to stay on the waitlist? Pretty quiet here...
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
I opted to remain on the waitlist. I got a promotion at work and plan on taking the GMAT again in March. Crossing my fingers for everyone!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: So you’re on the waitlist. Now what?

We know “waitlist” wasn't the decision you were hoping for last Thursday. But rather than seeing this in a completely negative light, keep in mind that being waitlisted indicates there were many strengths in your application. Tuck receives a lot applications and the pool is very competitive. Also remember that it’s not over yet! Almost every year, we admit people from the waitlist to join the first-year class in August. To give yourself the best chance of being one of those people, there are things you can do while you’re waiting to prepare yourself for business school.

First, take a deep breath. Do something healthy for yourself. Spend time with family and friends, go for a run, or whatever you do to decompress. Good decisions about future paths are rarely made when you’re under stress or feel anxious. Release some of those anxieties and put your efforts into building a wise strategy for moving forward.

Second, follow the instructions. Your decision letter lets you know what you need to do next. You’ll need to decide whether or not you want to remain on the waitlist. If you choose to remain on the waitlist, an Admissions Officer will get in touch (typically early spring) to let you know if there are any steps you can take to enhance your application.

In the meantime, however, this is a good time to look back on your application and decide for yourself what your strengths and weaknesses are. An honest assessment of what you could improve is a great opportunity for you to come up with a game plan. Maybe you think you could score higher on your GMAT, or you realize your goals or your rationale for your MBA weren’t clear. That insight can help you take proactive steps now, without having to wait for feedback from us.

Third, trust the process. We know being in limbo is challenging. We work hard to make the waitlist process as informative and clear as possible. If we need something from you, we will let you know. Update us with important information such as promotions or updated test scores. There’s no need to make surprise visits to campus or stay in constant contact. Keep in mind how you handle yourself on the waitlist also gives us an idea of how you will handle yourself as a student. You can help your candidacy by maintaining your professionalism and checking in every once in a while.

For those currently on Tuck's waitlist, this email address is the best way to provide updates or ask questions. As you look forward to receiving feedback, we thank you for your patience! 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Guys, We are hosting a webinar for Waitlisted applicants. If anyone is interested in attending this event, sign up here how-to-get-off-the-mba-waitlist-webinar-by-gmat-club-and-mbamission-212335.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Any word from anyone on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.46
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
any idea when the rejections will be sent out?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Send PM
I've joined the club. Anyone have any insight?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
i'll opt-in onto the waitlist... because i'm still waiting to hear back from harvard kennedy for their dual degree program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
New member in the club fortunately or unfortunately. What are the odds for someone without a promotion at work of converting it? No point giving my GMAT again either.

How have the conversions rates been earlier?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone received feedback from adcom yet? I was waitlisted in the Early Action round and still have heard nothing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos