Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Dec 2014, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 35

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 06:45
I submitted my app yesterday as well. Good luck everyone

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 00:14
londoncalling1 wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
One of my recommenders tells me today that he has prepared a word document for the reco.
However, when he tries to copy and paste it in the form, the app form does not take it.

It is awkward to ask him to type the whole reco again in the online form. Has anybody else faced the same issue ?

Hi, my recommender had that problem and said the following:

Quote:
BTW, UCLA disables pasting into the form but if you disable javascript paste and re-enable it works fine.
(Just in case this comes up for another referrer)

Use Internet Explorer rather than Google Chrome, you will solve the problem I think.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 04:21
Hello :). Anyone here receiving the interview invitation yet ? I'm so so so worry !
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 04:35
nguyenthihoangquyen wrote:
Hello :). Anyone here receiving the interview invitation yet ? I'm so so so worry !

Hey, I don't think interview requests have started coming in. My guess is it'll take another good 1.5-2 weeks for that to start. Someone with more experience can correct me if I am wrong.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 06:05
Thanks! I hope so... This is also my first time applying for a b-school therefore I'm kinda worried. :oops:
mudit234 wrote:
nguyenthihoangquyen wrote:

Hey, I don't think interview requests have started coming in. My guess is it'll take another good 1.5-2 weeks for that to start. Someone with more experience can correct me if I am wrong.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 35

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 16:04
Hey guys i was looking over my submitted UCLA application and I noticed that there is a mistake on the resume i uploaded.

While drafting the resume I had a bullet point that says I did such and such things "...to improve efficiency, resulting in XXX in savings." It literally says XXX. I had put that there planning to put the figures in once I calculated it all out precisely. I later did that, but apparently when I was filling out the application I didn't upload the updated version.

I e-mailed the admissions office explaining the error and giving them the correction. This is the response I got back:

Thank you for applying to UCLA Anderson. Unfortunately, changes cannot be made once you have submitted an application.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? How will the error be viewed by admissions?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 434 [1] , given: 280

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 18:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rjdunn03 wrote:
Hey guys i was looking over my submitted UCLA application and I noticed that there is a mistake on the resume i uploaded.

While drafting the resume I had a bullet point that says I did such and such things "...to improve efficiency, resulting in XXX in savings." It literally says XXX. I had put that there planning to put the figures in once I calculated it all out precisely. I later did that, but apparently when I was filling out the application I didn't upload the updated version.

I e-mailed the admissions office explaining the error and giving them the correction. This is the response I got back:

Thank you for applying to UCLA Anderson. Unfortunately, changes cannot be made once you have submitted an application.

This is very typical of most every school. Once your application is submitted, it's done. You can't change anything. The onus was on you to check your application before you submitted it and now what's done is done. All you can do is wait to see if you've been invited to interview or not.

Based on everyone's experiences throughout GmatClub, a few minor errors like this can be overlooked and won't cause you to be dinged. Applications are looked at holistically so there are many factors that go into a final decision -- not just a missing bullet on your resume or a typo in an essay.

Good luck!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 55

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 21:22
aerien wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

This is very typical of most every school. Once your application is submitted, it's done. You can't change anything. The onus was on you to check your application before you submitted it and now what's done is done. All you can do is wait to see if you've been invited to interview or not.

Based on everyone's experiences throughout GmatClub, a few minor errors like this can be overlooked and won't cause you to be dinged. Applications are looked at holistically so there are many factors that go into a final decision -- not just a missing bullet on your resume or a typo in an essay.

Good luck!

Good luck everybody!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 09:51
FYI, the Latest Intake data on this thread is wrong. At least a year outdated. Anderson's most up to date intake info can be found here:

http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x27471.xml
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 18:52
Invited to interview. Email went out this evening. On-campus and Skype interviews available.
Manager
Manager
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 14

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 19:11
applied 40 minutes late for R1, not sure if i guess i will be considered for R2
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: 310 Q158 V152
GRE 2: 315 Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 02:53
rjdunn03 wrote:

Contact somebody directly at admissions. Here is one contact you can try:

alex.lawrence@anderson.ucla.edu

He is the assistant dean, director of MBA admissions at Anderson.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 280

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 03:54
Expert's post
ProfessorX wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

I'm not sure this will help. You've already emailed adcom and they told you no changes will be accepted. Emailing a Dean could annoy them and he'll likely tell you the same thing you've heard before.

aerien

Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford, Booth, UCLA, Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 06:34
Received my invite yesterday afternoon. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 07:16
Does anyone know if Anderson invites around a certain date or sporadically? Congrats to those who are invited!

Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 07:38
rjdunn03 wrote:

i would not repeatedly bother Adcom about this. there are two considerations:

1. will they possibly not notice this typo?
if so, do NOT remind them! i had a mistake on my resume for another school and i was informed by an admissions consultant who worked on an adcom, that she is willing to bet 75% the chance the school would not notice. my mistake was at the end of my resume under interest, so it is obviously less likely to be picked up.

2. if they do notice the typo
adcom knows that people make mistakes. while it is definitely not good, the will understand. as long as you are not typo-prone and have mistakes all over the place----that indicates you are sloppy. repeatedly bugging adcom about it will make you look insecure.

i understand your anxiety my friend. i was in your boat about a month ago or so, after i discovered my mistake. i had reviewed my resume multiple times and even had two friends look at it, and they didnt notice at all. if you had the same QC procedure and did not see it, you can be comfortable that the adcom may not notice it either.

it is important to forget about it. do not stay up all night. i was angry for like a day or so. after that i was like, screw it! :P

Last edited by bodu on 03 Nov 2012, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 07:38
Expert's post
bodu wrote:
Does anyone know if Anderson invites around a certain date or sporadically? Congrats to those who are invited!

Not sure if they favor sending invites on one day or another but they definitely send them out over a long period of time... Results don't come out until January, so it's feasible that invites could still go out up to that point.

aerien

Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 07:41
aerien wrote:
bodu wrote:

Not sure if they favor sending invites on one day or another but they definitely send them out over a long period of time... Results don't come out until January, so it's feasible that invites could still go out up to that point.

when i spoke with the dean of admissions at an info session, he said interview invites would come out in january. back then i did not seek clarification, but i dont think he heard me clearly.

i also heard that UCLA application is "rolling", which means that they start reviewing applicants as soon as they submit. i submitted the day before R1 deadline. Now i just hope they have not gotten to me yet, and it is why i have not seen an interview invite.

Last edited by bodu on 03 Nov 2012, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 07:59
Expert's post
It's the beginning of November -- UCLA's application deadline was basically a week ago! There is still lots of time for invites. It's the weekend: stop thinking about this and go relax! :)

aerien

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: 310 Q158 V152
GRE 2: 315 Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 11:30
aerien wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

I'm not sure this will help. You've already emailed adcom and they told you no changes will be accepted. Emailing a Dean could annoy them and he'll likely tell you the same thing you've heard before.

Yeah I guess maybe contacting adcom again may not help, but I met Alex in person, and he seemed really nice and helpful. It's a tough call. Yeah, MAYBE adcom won't notice, but at this point you have already told them that there is a mistake on your resume, so now they may be looking for it. But it's not like the XXX savings is going to change your resume dramatically. I'd say its a non-issue. Like others have said, if you have grammatical errors and mistakes all across your application, then yes, you're probably out of the running. Adcom won't judge you based on ONE mistake. Just sit back, relax, and I'm positive you will get an interview still!!!
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2012, 11:30