Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Jones, McCombs
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.17
WE 1: Engineer
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Rice (Jones), Emory (Goizueta), Washington (Olin), Indiana (Kelley)
Send PM
Re: Calling Jones Business School (Rice) Applicants - Fall 2011 [#permalink]
My call actually came on the Thursday before the deadline. I only want to mention that because if you don't receive a call on Wednesday it doesn't imply that you will be dinged.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
WE 1: Engineering
Send PM
Thanks for that ...........otherwise, a couple of us would have suffered a heart attach on Wednesday night.

I believe Rice will inform irrespective of the outcome.

hwc2005 wrote:
My call actually came on the Thursday before the deadline. I only want to mention that because if you don't receive a call on Wednesday it doesn't imply that you will be dinged.
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Send PM
adishail wrote:
Thanks for that ...........otherwise, a couple of us would have suffered a heart attach on Wednesday night.

I believe Rice will inform irrespective of the outcome.

hwc2005 wrote:

Most definitely. My guess is that dings are released through a much softer means of communication, probably through an email with a link to the application site. The Admissions Staff probably enjoys doing this about as much as we enjoy receiving the bad news.

Hopefully nobody on this forum even has to find that out. My fingers are crossed for all those who are waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks everyone for support! Good luck all!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Quiet day today on the thread.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
hahahahaha ......... relax man ............ I can understand ......... all of us are pretty anxious.

I know a guy from Utah had interviewed yesterday. So they will take it all the way to Friday, IMO.

GCM30 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Friday?! booooooooo haha

adishail wrote:
hahahahaha ......... relax man ............ I can understand ......... all of us are pretty anxious.

I know a guy from Utah had interviewed yesterday. So they will take it all the way to Friday, IMO.

GCM30 wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Friday is almost here. Good Luck to everyone.

whatwasitodo wrote:
Friday?! booooooooo haha

adishail wrote:

GCM30 wrote:

Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Yea I here ya. Trying to stay patient but if I get in I'm also planning to buy a condo, etc so just waiting for the pieces to fall into place. Considering the ice-days (Houston shut down for a few days last week due to icy roads) I'm feeling Friday as well.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Where ya thinking of buying? I live in midtown...about 2 or 3 miles from the campus.

GCM30 wrote:
Yea I here ya. Trying to stay patient but if I get in I'm also planning to buy a condo, etc so just waiting for the pieces to fall into place. Considering the ice-days (Houston shut down for a few days last week due to icy roads) I'm feeling Friday as well.

Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I live around the highland village area now...looking to buy either near Wesleyan & bissonnet or kinda near the Galleria. Midtown is cool, things seem to be picking up around there lately. I ate over at piola a few weeks ago and the gnocchi was
Incredible.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
GCM30 wrote:
I live around the highland village area now...looking to buy either near Wesleyan & bissonnet or kinda near the Galleria. Midtown is cool, things seem to be picking up around there lately. I ate over at piola a few weeks ago and the gnocchi was
Incredible.

There are a couple of apartments I like in the Galleria area. For those who already live in Houston, would there be considerable traffic driving from that area to Rice in the morning?

I hear the traffic in Houston area is bad in general, but I'm sure there are spots where some of it can be circumvented.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Galleria to Rice is not too bad. I live in that area. It is about 6 miles, straight road, no freeways. 30 minutess for this distance in Houston is peanuts !

hwc2005 wrote:
GCM30 wrote:
Incredible.

There are a couple of apartments I like in the Galleria area. For those who already live in Houston, would there be considerable traffic driving from that area to Rice in the morning?

I hear the traffic in Houston area is bad in general, but I'm sure there are spots where some of it can be circumvented.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rice does offer graduate apartments that are both walking distance as well as on the rice campus bus route. Also the grad apartments are subsidized (I believe) and are in Rice Village (shops, restaurants, bars/clubs, etc...) great place to live and go out.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Piola is awesome. Appetizers are free at the bar 5-7 with drink purchase. Bartenders are quite loose with the pours if you know what I mean :)
GCM30 wrote:
Incredible.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for letting me know. I'm also checking out some places in Greenway, Braeswood, and Bellaire (pretty close to 610). It looks like Greenway and Braeswood are a little closer but I hear the Galleria is a pretty cool area. I haven't physically looked at any apartments but I'm coming down to Houston again in April.

adishail wrote:
Galleria to Rice is not too bad. I live in that area. It is about 6 miles, straight road, no freeways. 30 minutess for this distance in Houston is peanuts !

hwc2005 wrote:
GCM30 wrote:
Incredible.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'll probably check those out when I'm down there, too. I looked at the floor plans online and they're a bit small but it definitely receives the highest score for convenience factor.

whatwasitodo wrote:
Rice does offer graduate apartments that are both walking distance as well as on the rice campus bus route. Also the grad apartments are subsidized (I believe) and are in Rice Village (shops, restaurants, bars/clubs, etc...) great place to live and go out.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16