Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
International, R3 here.
To tell you all the truth, if I get an invite this week or the next, I'd be surprised. At this point, I believe it's game over, at least for me. Although it seems some folks are getting invitations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone else got the Financial Aid e-mail from Haas? How about they send me an interview invite instead?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hern007 wrote:
Has anyone else got the Financial Aid e-mail from Haas? How about they send me an interview invite instead?

Hahaha!! I said the same when i got eh Financial Aid email!

Im international, no interview yet...is there still a chance or is it game over for me?

Good Luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
thebdouglas wrote:
alis wrote:
ding...

Waitlist for me....third one now, pretty Lame! I knew I could handle one waitlist well, especially being the GSB, but I have been piling them on, Sloan and now Haas. I feel pretty burnt out and dejected, so much so that I really don't even want to do much with the WL crap.

Hi thebdouglas. I saw that you have updated your status to "admitted" for Haas. Congrats!!

Did you just hear the news this week?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Have any waitlisted candidates heard back from Haas?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
does anyone know if interview invites are still going out? Is there anything we could do at this point that would increase our chance of being invited to interview? for example, would contacting admissions make a difference?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
itaita wrote:
does anyone know if interview invites are still going out? Is there anything we could do at this point that would increase our chance of being invited to interview? for example, would contacting admissions make a difference?

I don’t think it would be a good idea to do this.
I don’t know about Haas, but I was traveling in a city that has another business school. I decided to visit the school, because I didn’t have anything to lose anyway.
I was facing a similar situation you are experiencing: next to the day of decision and still no news.
So, I decided to ask (just out of curiosity) how were things going, if they were going to invite more people, etc. I introduced myself in a very kind way and asked the person.
The admissions assistant at the reception desk was so rough by saying that “interviews are by invitation only” (in a rude way), that I regretted to ask.

I think that at Berkeley people are more open minded and more informal, but I don’t think they will invite you just because you called them.

Relax… just wait …
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
rainfall wrote:
itaita wrote:

I don’t think it would be a good idea to do this.
I don’t know about Haas, but I was traveling in a city that has another business school. I decided to visit the school, because I didn’t have anything to lose anyway.
I was facing a similar situation you are experiencing: next to the day of decision and still no news.
So, I decided to ask (just out of curiosity) how were things going, if they were going to invite more people, etc. I introduced myself in a very kind way and asked the person.
The admissions assistant at the reception desk was so rough by saying that “interviews are by invitation only” (in a rude way), that I regretted to ask.

I think that at Berkeley people are more open minded and more informal, but I don’t think they will invite you just because you called them.

Relax… just wait …

thanks for the honest response. trying to relax..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
pasutto12 wrote:
latampmgmt wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?

Yesterday was the deposit deadline for admitted R2 applicants, so they already know the class size admitted at R1 and R2. I hope we hear something next week

I'm a R1 waitlister who finally got the call yesterday from Stephanie - I'm in!!! From what she said, it sounds like they are revisiting the waitlist and making some decisions as they approach the R3 decision date. Good luck to others on the WL who are waiting to hear back!

Thanks for the update and congrats on your admission to Haas!!! I'm crossing fingers here to get the call too... Another week for me staring at the cell phone, haha :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
beck222 wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:
alis wrote:
ding...

Waitlist for me....third one now, pretty Lame! I knew I could handle one waitlist well, especially being the GSB, but I have been piling them on, Sloan and now Haas. I feel pretty burnt out and dejected, so much so that I really don't even want to do much with the WL crap.

Hi thebdouglas. I saw that you have updated your status to "admitted" for Haas. Congrats!!

Did you just hear the news this week?

Thank You. Yes, I heard back midweek. Now I need to go visit campus to help make decisions. I have heard the go to the best school line a lot, but it is difficult to turn down money that will allow me to graduate debt free. We will see, and best of luck to everyone else.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Thank You. Yes, I heard back midweek. Now I need to go visit campus to help make decisions. I have heard the go to the best school line a lot, but it is difficult to turn down money that will allow me to graduate debt free. We will see, and best of luck to everyone else.[/quote]

Were you also a R1 waitlister or R2?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
mba20155 wrote:
Thank You. Yes, I heard back midweek. Now I need to go visit campus to help make decisions. I have heard the go to the best school line a lot, but it is difficult to turn down money that will allow me to graduate debt free. We will see, and best of luck to everyone else.

Were you also a R1 waitlister or R2?[/quote]
R1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Congrats pasutto, stoked for you!

Any chance you would be able to share your location?

Congrats again!

pasutto12 wrote:
latampmgmt wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?

Yesterday was the deposit deadline for admitted R2 applicants, so they already know the class size admitted at R1 and R2. I hope we hear something next week

I'm a R1 waitlister who finally got the call yesterday from Stephanie - I'm in!!! From what she said, it sounds like they are revisiting the waitlist and making some decisions as they approach the R3 decision date. Good luck to others on the WL who are waiting to hear back!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Whoknows wrote:
Congrats pasutto, stoked for you!

Any chance you would be able to share your location?

Congrats again!

pasutto12 wrote:
latampmgmt wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks, appreciate it! I'm a US applicant from the Midwest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Cool beans, Thanks for letting us know! Enjoy the celebrations!

pasutto12 wrote:

Thanks, appreciate it! I'm a US applicant from the Midwest.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Any more interview invites for Round 3?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if the same admissions team that reviews applications also reads scholarship applications / essays?

Some of the material from my application essays would work well with one of the scholarhips essays, but I want to be sure someone new will be reading it. Clearly I would not be cutting and pasting full essays, but want to at least use some of the same ideas.

Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts