Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 17:10 It is currently 08 May 2024, 17:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2203 [4]
Given Kudos: 298
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V41
GMAT 3: 790 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2595 [1]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [1]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: How to Score 750 and 750+ | I moved from 710 to 750 [#permalink]
Hi KinjiGC. See my thoughts inline! :-D

kinjiGC wrote:
I didn't know I will get 760 when I screwed up my IR. I am more than satisfied with VA 44. I am sure I will not be to duplicate the score again. :( Yes, please do rethink. Try to strengthen other aspects of your application. I'd attended a MBA fair in Bangalore and Shaw O'Conor of Status prep spoke for an hour or something. I was hanging around for some time after his session. A guy had got 0 in IR and scored a 700+. Shawn told him not to retake and to not even mention why he got a low score on his optional essays. He said that since schools accept scores which are upto 5 years old, a good % of the applicants will not have an IR score and that schools don't look much at the IR score. Have you taken the GMAT before? Do you have a good IR score in that one? Even if you don't remember schools know that IR is a combo of the quant session and the verbal session. You've demonstrated you are good in both. I think you must dig a grave for gmat. But I'm no expert. Seek expert advice :)

I will suggest you to retake the GMATPrep questions and understand the correct reasons why the wrong options are wrong. Two reasons:
1) Anybody will want to see that 770/780 in the mock. My last mocks were GMATPrep 1 (retake) - 770 , GMATPrep 3 (retake) - 780 and GMATPrep 4 (fresh) - 770. In GMATPrep 4, I got some 3-4 known questions BTW. This happens in the 2 free tests as well. I've experienced it. (I did tell you I've a great memory). When I took the 4th mock twice, both the times I got the same CR question twice - once in the beginning and once towards the end. I remember the question now as well. Something like whales were first 60MN ago in fresh water and then in sea water. what weakens ... 8-)
2) You will get to know difficult questions. There is a huge difference between solving one by one difficult questions and solving them in the mock setup. GMATprep should be your back bone of your preparation and other resources you need to add things around it. Sure I'll stab GMAT prep repeatedly! :-D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2595 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
joseph0alexander wrote:
Hi KinjiGC. See my thoughts inline! :-D

kinjiGC wrote:
I didn't know I will get 760 when I screwed up my IR. I am more than satisfied with VA 44. I am sure I will not be to duplicate the score again. :( Yes, please do rethink. Try to strengthen other aspects of your application. I'd attended a MBA fair in Bangalore and Shaw O'Conor of Status prep spoke for an hour or something. I was hanging around for some time after his session. A guy had got 0 in IR and scored a 700+. Shawn told him not to retake and to not even mention why he got a low score on his optional essays. He said that since schools accept scores which are upto 5 years old, a good % of the applicants will not have an IR score and that schools don't look much at the IR score. Have you taken the GMAT before? Do you have a good IR score in that one? Even if you don't remember schools know that IR is a combo of the quant session and the verbal session. You've demonstrated you are good in both. I think you must dig a grave for gmat. But I'm no expert. Seek expert advice :)

I will suggest you to retake the GMATPrep questions and understand the correct reasons why the wrong options are wrong. Two reasons:
1) Anybody will want to see that 770/780 in the mock. My last mocks were GMATPrep 1 (retake) - 770 , GMATPrep 3 (retake) - 780 and GMATPrep 4 (fresh) - 770. In GMATPrep 4, I got some 3-4 known questions BTW. This happens in the 2 free tests as well. I've experienced it. (I did tell you I've a great memory). When I took the 4th mock twice, both the times I got the same CR question twice - once in the beginning and once towards the end. I remember the question now as well. Something like whales were first 60MN ago in fresh water and then in sea water. what weakens ... 8-)
2) You will get to know difficult questions. There is a huge difference between solving one by one difficult questions and solving them in the mock setup. GMATprep should be your back bone of your preparation and other resources you need to add things around it. Sure I'll stab GMAT prep repeatedly! :-D

I must have missed you by a whisker in Bangalore MBA fair. I came a little late though. I agree with you.

All the best :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3816 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
joseph0alexander wrote:
Ah KinjiGC that's very unfortunate. You must have left the passport remain there. You shouldn't have left the anxiety get the better of you especially when your time was about to get out. I can understand your pain. :oops: I'm out of words! :roll:

But KinjiGC I notice that you have posted a great score under your name here. :-D Are you sure you want to give a retake just for the sake of IR? Most programs are not considering the IR score much still. You might want to deeply reconsider your decision. Hope you wrote to your school and spoke to a few consultants!

kinjiGC wrote:
By the time I got up the IR time was over and the IR section got submitted. I think I got a heavy penalty. I got a 3 in IR. I was so frustrated that I decided to take GMAT again.

So be careful and click on next on the last question also before the timer runs out.

I have the same question to KinjiGC. After achieving 99%le, thinking of GMAT again sounds different but a courageous step.

we didn't see the Debrief till now. I look forward to learn alot from your journey of 760 on GMAT :)

Thanks,
HKD1710
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 276 [1]
Given Kudos: 537
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Please let me know if I can answer your additional questions.[/quote]

Thanks for your answer. I am more interested in MGMAT's SC section. Was it on par with the real exam? I am having trouble improving my timing in SC. I encountered a lot of long SC sentences in MGMAT witch take me 2 minutes to solve. Have you encountered many long SC quesstions in the real exam?[/quote]

Actually GMAT prep question Pack 1 and GMAT prep exam pack 1 questions are exactly close to what will be asked in the exam. Normally the questions are not so lengthy in exam. CR was like GMAT prep.[/quote]

Hi again. Sorry to bother)) I need to clarify one point and I consider your answersworthy enough) I recently took gmat exam pack one and scored 30-40 points lower than my other mocks. But what shocked me were SC and CR questions. I felt that CR was much more difficult than gmat prep and remembered your words that CR will be like gmat prep in exam. So have you also noticed the same that I noticed?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2203 [1]
Send PM
How to Score 750 and 750+ | I moved from 710 to 750 [#permalink]
Kudos
Ergenekon wrote:
Please let me know if I can answer your additional questions.

Quote:
Thanks for your answer. I am more interested in MGMAT's SC section. Was it on par with the real exam? I am having trouble improving my timing in SC. I encountered a lot of long SC sentences in MGMAT witch take me 2 minutes to solve. Have you encountered many long SC questions in the real exam?

Quote:
Actually GMAT prep question Pack 1 and GMAT prep exam pack 1 questions are exactly close to what will be asked in the exam. Normally the questions are not so lengthy in exam. CR was like GMAT prep.

Quote:
Hi again. Sorry to bother)) I need to clarify one point and I consider your answers-worthy enough) I recently took gmat exam pack one and scored 30-40 points lower than my other mocks. But what shocked me were SC and CR questions. I felt that CR was much more difficult than gmat prep and remembered your words that CR will be like gmat prep in exam. So have you also noticed the same that I noticed?

GMAT preps are quit close to what you will see in real exam, but the difficulty of questions will vary. You will get from very easy questions to moderate difficulty. This exam is mad by Americans and when they take your 250$- They will make sure that you do not go empty hand home.

You will get around 13-14 questions in CR. 5-6 will be very easy, 5-6 moderate and 2-3 tough like GMAT prep and difficulty will rise as you Cross the 650, 700 level. The rise in difficulty level is gradual not sudden.

50% Your Preparation and 50% your belief that you are 100% eligible to run this marathon will take you through.

Manhattan SC is pretty lower in standard than actual GMAT. GMAT Prep is the Key.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 276 [1]
Given Kudos: 537
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Honchos thanks dude. But it seems there happened to be a misunderstanding. Question about manhattan gmat was discussed before, I just quoted it. My question is specifically about gmat prep exam pack 1. I am good at gmat prep CR, but suffered a big loss in exam pack one - 5 mistakes to 1. That is why I wanted to be sure that maybe exam pack 1 is not the real reps. Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2203 [1]
Send PM
How to Score 750 and 750+ | I moved from 710 to 750 [#permalink]
Kudos
Ergenekon wrote:
Honchos thanks dude. But it seems there happened to be a misunderstanding. Question about Manhattan gmat was discussed before, I just quoted it. My question is specifically about gmat prep exam pack 1. I am good at gmat prep CR, but suffered a big loss in exam pack one - 5 mistakes to 1. That is why I wanted to be sure that maybe exam pack 1 is not the real reps. Thanks.

Ergenekon,
Brother Exam Packs questions are 100% Real representative of actual GMAT. Thank You!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2203 [0]
Send PM
Ergenekon wrote:
Honchos thanks dude. But it seems there happened to be a misunderstanding. Question about manhattan gmat was discussed before, I just quoted it. My question is specifically about gmat prep exam pack 1. I am good at gmat prep CR, but suffered a big loss in exam pack one - 5 mistakes to 1. That is why I wanted to be sure that maybe exam pack 1 is not the real reps. Thanks.

Ask me as many questions that you have.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [2]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos