Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
No WL converts here at GC?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Kudos
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
No WL converts here at GC?

Converted! Just got the email a few hours back! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Final ding.... Sign me up for the Zero admit club this year...

I will say this - I am not done yet and will come back harder next year... Just you wait... :m16
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
Final ding.... Sign me up for the Zero admit club this year...

I will say this - I am not done yet and will come back harder next year... Just you wait... :m16

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your dings. We can help you assess where you went wrong, if you are interested - you can send us 1 set of essays - no costs attached!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey All,

My first post to GMAT club after following it for more than a year. Guys I have been thinking of posting this for quite some time as of now but was abstaining from doing so thinking that it has to be a personal call. But the way the camaraderie has built up in this group and since my state of indecision seems to only get prolonged, I thought of reaching out to you all smart and wonderful people for your words of wisdom. Please pardon me if you find this post against the spirit of this group but my intent is to solicit varied opinions from people with similar interests.

So the matter is that I have an admit from both ISB ( Mohali) and Kellogg School of Management ( 2 year Program) and I am unable to make the pick. I will be a first timer to states and hence not sure ( or indeed am nervous) about life in US. I am a 2009 IIT Kanpur graduate with an experience in real estate ( with JLL) and is looking forward to an industry change through MBA ( inclined towards Consulting / General management roles). Cost of attendance / ROI is important to me but does not govern my decision. My priority is to be based in India in the long run and hence would prefer to return to India at the earliest ( once I am able to complete all my debt liabilities) even if I go for a US MBA. I am married and my wife ( herself an MBA) will accompany me if I go to US. All I am looking forward to through MBA program is a quality and holistic learning, great networking, a strong brand recognition ( at least in India) and career opportunities / progression with an eye on India in mid/long run. Would really appreciate any possible insights from you all. You are encouraged to be critical and blunt if you find too many gaps in my thoughts.

Thanks for reading all through the seemingly bland and too long a post. You can pm me your aggression. I am also in for any kind of a bashing in today's ISB Delhi Alum event :). Cheers!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
harrygarry wrote:
Hey All,

My first post to GMAT club after following it for more than a year. Guys I have been thinking of posting this for quite some time as of now but was abstaining from doing so thinking that it has to be a personal call. But the way the camaraderie has built up in this group and since my state of indecision seems to only get prolonged, I thought of reaching out to you all smart and wonderful people for your words of wisdom. Please pardon me if you find this post against the spirit of this group but my intent is to solicit varied opinions from people with similar interests.

So the matter is that I have an admit from both ISB ( Mohali) and Kellogg School of Management ( 2 year Program) and I am unable to make the pick. I will be a first timer to states and hence not sure ( or indeed am nervous) about life in US. I am a 2009 IIT Kanpur graduate with an experience in real estate ( with JLL) and is looking forward to an industry change through MBA ( inclined towards Consulting / General management roles). Cost of attendance / ROI is important to me but does not govern my decision. My priority is to be based in India in the long run and hence would prefer to return to India at the earliest ( once I am able to complete all my debt liabilities) even if I go for a US MBA. I am married and my wife ( herself an MBA) will accompany me if I go to US. All I am looking forward to through MBA program is a quality and holistic learning, great networking, a strong brand recognition ( at least in India) and career opportunities / progression with an eye on India in mid/long run. Would really appreciate any possible insights from you all. You are encouraged to be critical and blunt if you find too many gaps in my thoughts.

Thanks for reading all through the seemingly bland and too long a post. You can pm me your aggression. I am also in for any kind of a bashing in today's ISB Delhi Alum event :). Cheers!

IMO, there are no two thoughts there. Kellogg it is. It cant get any better for consulting, you get international exposure (great for a consulting job), learn to network like crazy, and you get the brand recognition of Kellogg, even in India.You will find tons of alumni in India.

ISB is very well known within India, but the class composition is skewed towards engineer/IT profile guys. Kellogg is far more balanced - so add that to your learning (more of the "multi-dimensional" perspective).

The B-school campus and actvities are an amazing experience for partners - so, I am sure your wife will be fine there. Ask her to reach out the the Partners' Club at Kellogg and get sense of the activities she can be involved in if she is not going to be working there.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

So everyone is busy these days, minimal activity on the thread.
All those who have converted can you please change your status or post about it so that I can change the status.
This will help us in reaching a figure as to how many people from GMATCLUB converted their calls.

All those who were not able to convert, its time to move on, what are you plans for the next cycle?
Joining other schools, reappearing etc.

If reappearing, we can discuss some strategies to strengthen our applications.
The earlier we start, the better it is.

Also, did any body receive the feedback regarding his or her application from the ISB?

Regards,
Ankur
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Hi all,

So everyone is busy these days, minimal activity on the thread.
All those who have converted can you please change your status or post about it so that I can change the status.
This will help us in reaching a figure as to how many people from GMATCLUB converted their calls.

All those who were not able to convert, its time to move on, what are you plans for the next cycle?
Joining other schools, reappearing etc.

If reappearing, we can discuss some strategies to strengthen our applications.
The earlier we start, the better it is.

Also, did any body receive the feedback regarding his or her application from the ISB?

Regards,
Ankur

I converted to a DING from WL... I am planning to reapply in R1... Any thoughts or suggestions...

I thought that ISB stopped giving feedback on applications since last year... I am trying to get some ding analysis but do you have any thoughts on how to get even a little bit of feedback from the adcom itself? Do share... ISB said that they will give some guidance on the new application, if we should choose to reapply but they will not be able to discuss the previous app...

Also, should we start the thread for next year? We could post relevant info there instead of this one so that it is all in one place... Also we could get a little headstart on ideas and strategies for next app cycle... :war
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dings feel bad :-(
But we should never stop trying.

Here is a chance go get to know more about why you were dinged:

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: How to make a strong EEO application
The applications for the Early Entry Option (EEO) for PGP are in progress and the last date for the same is just around the corner viz. on the 30th of April, 2014. Have you submitted your applications yet? If not, then here are a few pointers I would like to put across on how to make a strong EEO application. These will help you to increase your chances of securing an admission offer.

First of all, if you have made up your mind and are certain that you will be making a career in management someday, then congratulations! You are already showing some signs of leadership potential which we look for while assessing your application.

Parameters for evaluating an EEO application

When you apply for the PGP through EEO, your application is assessed on the following criteria:

• Academic Capacity:

Your past academic performance plays a major role in EEO as it demonstrates that you can meet the academic rigor demanded by the PGP at ISB. This does not mean that you strictly need to ace in your academics. If you have a good GMAT score with a fairly balanced academics score, you stand a great chance too. By balanced academics, I mean consistency in your academic performance throughout and not just your 10th and 12th marks.
  • Balanced Personal Attributes

Your choice in extra-curricular activities and your involvement in them display your ability to lead and influence people, organize activities and your ambition to see a project to its end not just for the sake of it but with a flair that is typical of a person who is an aspiring leader. You should highlight these qualities in your essays. Your essays should clearly reflect what you are, your personality, your goals and expectations.

Mention your extra-curricular activities (achievements in sports, social service, college events etc.) and your past internships weaving them with your future goals. For example, if you want to make a career in FMCG marketing then link this with your college projects on rural marketing, internship in market research or advertising agency, etc. If you have any work experience, prioritize it in the flow of your essay and highlight the achievements associated with it. Remember that the key to composing a good essay is to be yourself while writing it. Make your essays so lucid that they differentiate you from the rest of the applicants.
  • Leadership potential

This attribute is evaluated mainly through the recommendations you submit. Recommendations from your college professor, department head, mentor at internship or at NGO/ sports academy etc. are very important when it comes to gauging your caliber as a leader. Be mindful about taking recommendations from people who know you well and can evaluate your abilities and potential thoroughly.

If you ask a person who is not well acquainted with you, there is a possibility of them clicking on ‘Unable to evaluate’, an option given with every close ended question, which may go against you. So, when it comes to taking recommendations, the right people are the key than the people from top designations.
To cut this long story short, know that there is no separate weight-age assigned to any of the above parameters. Your application will be evaluated holistically and based on an overall evaluation an admit offer may be given. So, if you are an eager aspirant who wants to join ISB, then work on a strong EEO application right away and submit by 30th of April, 2014.

All the best!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

I converted to a DING from WL... I am planning to reapply in R1... Any thoughts or suggestions...

I thought that ISB stopped giving feedback on applications since last year... I am trying to get some ding analysis but do you have any thoughts on how to get even a little bit of feedback from the adcom itself? Do share... ISB said that they will give some guidance on the new application, if we should choose to reapply but they will not be able to discuss the previous app...

Also, should we start the thread for next year? We could post relevant info there instead of this one so that it is all in one place... Also we could get a little headstart on ideas and strategies for next app cycle... :war

Hey sorry for the extremely late reply and sorry to hear about your ding :(
Even i am planning to apply in R1.

Yes ISB has stopped giving personalized feedback, but they do discuss your general profile on request.
Good idea ... I will work on starting the thread and will bring it up as soon as possible.
It is always good to have a head start :war
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
We have the ISB Calling 2016 applicants thread in place.
All the new comers and the reapllicants can direct themselves to this thread:

isb-class-of-2016-calling-all-applicants-170219.html#p1356130

Regards,
Ankur
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: How ‘diversity’ on campus helps our students to rise above.
The 21st century economy is defined by globalism. Shouldn’t our future business leaders be educated in global environments? At the Indian School of Business (ISB), we are committed to the ideal that the best business training runs parallel to what’s happening in the real world. This is why we view diversity not just as a catchy buzzword, but as a campus-wide imperative.

Untapped Resources

Some obvious things come to mind when we talk about resources: capital, facilities, land. It’s easy to overlook one of the most valuable resources of all: people. ISB believes in the power and potential of our students and faculty as individuals and as collaborators. To that end, we strive to create an environment which comprehensively fosters diversity.

But why is diversity so important? Because real innovation is not shaped by a single or narrow ideology, but by the powerful exchange of information between people with different viewpoints. The broader our perspectives and more holistic our approach, the more creatively we can solve challenges, make decisions and push forward. “I think that when you have a number of people pulling in different directions, the solution that comes out of that seemingly conflicted environment is often more efficient and universally applicable than if you had a bunch of people thinking the same thing.”, says Angad Sethi, an ISB student.

ISB students originate from near and far, and we are committed to seeing our international enrollment grow. We are also home to a multitude of ethnic and racial groups, as well as people in all phases of their careers and an increasing number of women applicants.

Our students come to us with a breadth and depth of personal and professional experiences. We count scuba divers, musicians, mountaineers, elite athletes and artists among our students and alumni, as well as surgeons, accountants, dentists, engineers, IT professionals, consultants, pharmacists, patent holders, military officers, government personnel and entrepreneurs. Together, they comprise a vibrant community of broad thinkers with an abiding respect for different points of view. “Every person around is a wealth of information about a new domain. There is something new to learn from every person, every day!”, quotes Abhidha Awadaat, another student pursuing ISB’s PGP in Management.

And it’s not just the students. Our diverse faculty members promote an environment in which a global viewpoint transcends traditional boundaries.

The Spirit of Collaboration

While some b-schools may bring to mind thoughts of cutthroat, every-man-for-himself academic competition, we strive for a different environment here at ISB: rather than pitting individual students against one another, we pit them collaboratively against real world business challenges.

Furthermore, our Inbound and Outbound Exchange Programmes offer students the opportunity to network with people around the globe.

In working together, ISB students learn about the dynamics of management in other countries as well as in India’s emerging economy. They also develop real world skills such as teamwork, conflict resolution and accountability. When they graduate, they take with them these valuable tools — along with an enhanced understanding of the value of open dialogue. PGP ’15 candidate, Gautam Malhotra says, ”Nowhere else would I have gained so much knowledge about different roles and industries in such a short duration. I truly feel enlightened!”

The global business landscape is in a constant state of evolution, and it is the enterprise of the forward-thinking business school to evolve along with it. At ISB, we do more than talk the talk: our commitment to internationalism and collaboration yields business innovators keenly prepared to learn and lead in equal measure.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Women in Management
In the past century, women around the world have made great strides in entering the business world and working toward the levels of pay and responsibility afforded by their male counterparts. However, although women comprise 48.5 percent of India’s population, they represent a mere 26.1 percent of rural workers and 13.8 percent of urban employees, according to Catalyst’s Knowledge Centre.

Moreover, Catalyst continues, women make up only 3 percent of legislative, management, and senior official positions, while only 5.2 percent of them hold positions as board directors. Fortunately, with the Indian market growing rapidly to become the world’s third largest economy by the year 2030, as quoted by the Economic Times, there are projected to be a plethora of opportunities abound for women to take on management and leadership positions in the coming years.

At the Indian School of Business, we hope to leverage these possibilities to their fullest effect, by admitting a good ratio of women into our programme: 231 students constituting 30 percent of our accepted applicants are female. That number has risen steadily, increasing by almost 120 percent in the past 7 years, to now the highest-ever number of women in the Class of 2015, as quoted in the Times of India.

Women get to learn from women, as well: Our faculty is almost 20 percent female. Our emphasis on diversity means students learn to appreciate gender-neutral leadership early in their career, helping to push equality into the next generation.

When enrolling in our flagship Post Graduate Programme in Management, women get the chance to learn in a heterogenous setting from leaders across a wide field of business specialisations. The one-year programme is structured holistically to allow access to several women-specific groups and organisations. Among these is ‘Women in Business’, a student-run professional club that gives women the tools they need to leverage the resources available at-hand, on campus, and achieve their personal and professional goals. Club members often enjoy curated discussions with distinguished professionals from across the industry. Notable discussions have included celebrated social activist Kiran Bedi on ‘Tenets of leadership’, Anusha Bhagat, COO of UBS Securities on ‘The glass ceiling: Exploding myths and crashing stereotypes’, and Women@Google on ”Support systems for women employees and the LGBT community at Google’ among others.

Our students also benefit from Axis Bank’s “Women Leadership Programme,” which has hired large numbers of female candidates in the past two years. Students therefore benefit both while in the programme and once they complete it.

We aim to make the Indian School of Business approachable for any high-performing individual who has demonstrated a desire to transform themselves, including married women as well as female students in need of financial aid. If you have questions, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page or get in touch. We hope to hear from you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: The Indian MBA: The Benefits of B-School in an Emerging Economy.
Poised for superpower status in the 21st century, India’s emerging economy is predicted by many to become the world’s largest within the next century. A massive democratic population, entrepreneurial spirit, and resource-conscience country, India — thanks to the promise of a stable government and analysts remaining bullish on the equity market — has the potential to rapidly grow its economy while others stagnate. And as the anticipated “Indian Century” gathers momentum, India’s business schools — along with B-schools of other emerging economies — offer aspiring global leaders the unprecedented opportunity to gain unique insights on the fast-growing economy.

The Rise of the Indian B-School

As India’s leading business school, the Indian School of Business (ISB) is well-positioned on the international B-school scene. The stats speak for themselves: in 2014, we achieved record numbers in everything from domestic and international salaries to unprecedented employment offers from Fortune 500 companies including technology and consulting innovators such as Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft. A staggering 423 companies (an increase of 21 percent from the prior year) recruited on campus, and the majority of students not only had numerous interviews, but also received multiple offers — giving them critical leverage when negotiating with potential employers.

The fact that ISB is a mere 13 years old and became India’s first AACSB-accredited B-school makes our success even more remarkable. Further enhancing ISB in both reputation and practical relevance are our associations with world-renowned B-schools across the globe, including Wharton, Kellogg and the London Business School. With an increasing number of Indian B-schools expected to receive accreditation and explore similar partnerships in the near future, the shift from a domestic to global viewpoint is well underway.

Marketability in the Global Economy

And with that shift comes the enhanced commodity of international faculty and students: as the Indian higher education sector explodes, a diverse student body is increasingly imperative. At ISB, we have our pick of extremely talented and well-trained students, thanks to an admissions yield of 85 percent; this is fast approaching the 90 percent seen at elite institutions such as Harvard and Stanford.

Grads of B-schools in emerging economies are also in great demand when they hit the workforce. Today’s employers are not only looking for the cream of the crop; they’re also in search of future business leaders with international perspectives. Diversity is imperative, and an international education vastly boosts marketability. Furthermore, Indian B-schools offer students the chance to develop expertise in specialized industry and functional majors so they’re prepared to hit the ground running.

In short, job seekers who want their resumes shuffled to the top of the pile should seek out ways to show their diverse viewpoint, and international study offers exactly that. In conjunction with India’s rising economic star status, the country’s B-school graduates are particularly sought after.

Return on Investment

An added benefit of attending business school in India? The potential return on investment is huge – particularly when you factor in the reasonable cost of living and low tuition fees compared to B-schools in other desirable locations, such as the U.S. and the U.K. And because Indian B-school grads are in such great demand, their earning potential is equally significant.

While India might not come immediately to mind when it comes to business schools, it may in the very near future. Students savvy enough to pursue higher education opportunities in India can gain a valuable global perspective… and a critical leading edge.

Sources:

https://poetsandquants.com/2014/02/24/at-indias-leading-business-school-the-…

https://www.find-mba.com/mba-blog/2011/12/23/in-india-business-schools-on-th…

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Beyond the Classroom: ISB’s Experiential Learning Programme
We’ve all heard the expression, “Knowledge is power,” but the Indian School of Business (ISB) takes the concept one step further with its Experiential Learning Programme (ELP). ELP students don’t just acquire knowledge within a narrow and controlled classroom setting. Rather, they apply this knowledge to real world business challenges through hands-on practice. The result? An innovative culture which yields unparalleled insights into the global economy tested by firsthand experience.

Fostering Innovation

As participants in the ELP, ISB students integrate classroom concepts into industry experience. Anything but passive observers, ELP participants assume active consulting roles with real companies on relevant business issues. Assignments have included everything from creating marketing and pricing strategies for a branded sports solution provider to developing marketing and distribution methods geared toward accessing rural, off-grid consumers for a solar lighting business.

ELP teams are tasked with preparing consulting proposals, as well as responsible for researching, reporting and — ultimately — making recommendations to the client. Students are guided throughout the process by industry experts and faculty advisors. And while the campus-based arrangement is primarily remote, teams can undertake up to 15 days of fieldwork, ultimately committing up to 800 business hours and earning two credits in the process.

ELP Outcomes

In 2013 alone, students participated in more than 90 projects across diverse subjects ranging from government to technology to consumer products and many others. Not only do participants gain actionable exposure to these industries, but — after working with teammates from diverse cultures and backgrounds — they also walk away with a valuable perspective on the collaborative process.

Perhaps the biggest indicator of the program’s success is that many companies view the ELP as a natural component in their recruiting pipeline. After all, today’s businesses aren’t just looking for critical thinkers; they’re also looking for smart workers capable of solving complex 21st century business challenges. In fact, many students report that their ELP experience features heavily into their job hunt, with potential employers expressing great interest in the program.

During a time when opponents of business education have cited a disconnect between business school curricula and real world issues, the Indian School of Business offers a direct response to the criticism. In light of the evolving 21st century economy landscape, and with employers increasingly seeking employees with global perspectives, the ELP positions students to not merely manage, but lead.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
farhanc85 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

After being a silent observer in this wonderful community for few weeks now, i have finally decided to break my silence.
Attended a Webinar with Mr Kannan today and wanted to share with you guys a few key points he mentioned:
1. ISB usually gives 20-25 percent of weightage to the GMAT score, so i believe there is a lot more focus on your application. Although, he did not mention individual weights to different parts.
2. No difference between R1 and R2, please submit your application when you feel you are ready.
3. Break for studying for GMAT needs to be justified, he clearly mentioned in the pool that they get there will be applicants who are working as well as preparing for GMAT, then what is so special about you, they already have a upper hand, tough one here.
4. No difference in selection process total number of students selected 770.(Hyd and Mohali).
5. For your career goals and aspiration essay always focus more on immediate goals, they want to know what you want to do 2-5 years after your ISB degree, so all those entrepreneurial dreams/long term goals for a distant future should be mentioned but not detailed.
6. If you are someone who has an MBA from a tier 2(someone like me basically) and want to get in, don't get disheartened by sheer number of bright and fresh MBA aspirants. 5 % of the current class at ISB are people who are pursuing a second MBA degree at ISB and some from Tier 1 as well.
7. GMAT cut-off : he mentioned very clearly that anything below 600 is avoided and they have people with a 650 and strong background in their current batch.( One of the alumni told me he has friends who have scored a 750 and have been rejected at ISB.) don't get too disheartened by a low score, keep your wits for those applications/ if you are comfortable with a better score then retake(personally I would do that.)
8. Grammatical errors in your application don't matter so much, make sure the content is outstanding.
9. He mentioned something very good which got me thinking, everyone knows what they want from their bschool,( A consulting job, placement records, foreign exchange programs) but you should also know what you are bringing to ISB.(would love to hear your two cents on this guys). What will you be bringing to ISB?
10. Last but not the least for placements it doesn't matter which ISB(Mohali/Hyderabad). Since, ISB doesn't mention this to the companies coming for placement, last year they flew 400 students for first round of placements to Mohali and then again from Mohali to Hyderabad for second round.

Hope this information was somewhat helpful to you guys.
I am attending a session in Mumbai on 1st Sept will let you guys know if there are anymore updates.

A bit about my profile:
Academics : First Class throughout.
GMAT : Hopefully will be good enough
WorkEx : 3 years in retail industry(India and UAE).

Looking forward to interact with you guys more often.

Cheers
Farhan

Hi Ankur

I just read your comment where you mention that there are people who are pursuing MBA for the second time in ISB, having their first degree from a 1/2 tier b-school previously. Is having a previous degree in any way a negative point or does it make your case weaker ?

I have an MBA degree in marketing and am planning to get into ISB, class 16-17. Planning to major in Finance this time.

Any pointers? The difference would be 2 years between the 2 degrees.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts