Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
I am interested to know the status of those who selected Mohali as their Interview location? Have you got invite for Mohali?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
A little late but here goes

I had an interview on the 11th of January in Delhi. Overall the panel gives you opportunities to dig yourself into a hole but also gives you opportunities to get out. The panel initially started with a precis of my career before moving onto the meatier stuff. I have very specific long term entrepreneurial goals and the interview mostly dealt with it. In fact it could even be called an advisory session (one that I would have gladly paid for). The panel moved towards asking great you have these grand ambitions and they seem to be realistic why don't you start now. Of course I headed in the direction that ISB would help me develop key skills that I require to be an entrepreneur. Completely blanked out on the Wadhwani center (big flub) but my focus even during my research had been towards CEMS. I kind of went into a lot of side-alleys with funding and approach and wasn't very sure if the panel was convinced with it. Overall a good experience I think I was able to end on a positive note but there were quite a few goof-ups in the middle. My understanding was the panel comprised of two alumni and one admission officer. The alumni were reactive and highly involved throughout the interview whereas it was very difficult to read the admission officer (very measured and neutral with his questions and my responses).

Learnings - Don't try to be too diplomatic or roundabout in you answers. At least with my panel they were much more receptive if I went to the straight truth as opposed to a consultant's monologue dancing around a relatively unpalatable fact.

Precisely articulating what exactly you bring to ISB is much more valuable than what you gain from ISB.

That's my 0.02 best of luck to everyone. Just have to wait till the 15th of Feb I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
ISB's reply to question on Round 2 interview invitations:

"We are through with sending out all interview calls in Round-2.

Please write to us, in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,

V. Srinath
Associate Director - Admissions & Financial Aid
Indian School of Business
Gachibowli, Hyderabad - 500 032"
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to all the call getters and all the best for the interviews.

Those of us who did not fetch a call this year, I would say don't be disheartened.
Lets vow to prepare well again and apply with full rigor next year, so that no one can stop us from living our dream at ISB.

Those of you who are applying to other B Schools, learn from your mistakes in the ISB application and try to rectify them.
I am always there to help. If you need a third person opinion to judge what went wrong, you can PM me the essays if you want to, I may not be an expert, but somehow from my experience, I might be able to point out something.

All the best to all!!
Ankur
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat

The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Lo8LAfOIQ[/youtube]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [12]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Just had my interview at Mohali. Here's how it went.

I showed up more than an hour early and was greeted by the coordinator in the CCD on campus. After signing in, I was told to wait a half hour. There were very few people for the interview today. I think only about 17 people were scheduled to be interviewed in the whole day. Anyway, I whiled away time by attending some official calls.

Half an hour before the interview timing, I was given my word for the essay. "Drubbing". I know that the word has been reported earlier as well (And interestingly enough, 2 more people got the same word today... at least that I know of... I glanced at their sheets :wink: ... but no cheating... they started after I had finished my essay). I wrote about 130 words on the topic even though I tried to keep it short. But seemed that the words wouldn't stop from flowing out of my pen :lol:

The atmosphere was overall very relaxed. I chatted with 3 other applicants in the warm sun in the sitting area outside the CCD while awaiting my turn. I even spoke a bit with some of the current students.

I had panel no 1. They called me in 10 minutes later than the scheduled time. There were 2 interviewers. Both seemed to be Adcom members (though one might have been a senior alum). The room was a small meeting room with a table for 8 people and they were both seated on the far side of the table opposite eachother. They asked me to sit at the head of the table. I agreed cracking a small joke about it being OK as long as I didn't have to foot any bills. I think that one of them might have smiled a little at this wisecrack.

Then we started off with walking through my resume. Where I am presently working, where I stay etc. A little joke a Delhi traffic commutes. Then asked me "Why MBA?". Then the follow up question "Why ISB?" Then they tried rattling me by asking me what would happen if I didn't get into the role I was looking for post MBA (I am looking for a role change). Both interviewers asked me this on separate occasions. Then they again asked me to give 3 reasons why I wanted to come to ISB (I gave 3 reasons, which I think are pretty good, but stupidly forgot to mention that its a 1-yr program - this is actually a very important reason for me). Then asked me why MBA after 5 years of experience and why not earlier (I mentioned that I am a reapplicant and that they were the ones who had very nicely handed out rejections the previous 2 times, both times without interviews :eh: ). Then they asked me about other schools that I have applied to. Followed up by other schools that I applied to in the past and the result. Interesting follow up question was about why I did not attend the school (SPJ exec prog) I was admitted to previously (I had a good reason - I would not be able to make the role change that I was looking for, as recruiters at SPJ didn't recruit for the roles that was looking for).

No questions on guesstimate, puzzle, case etc.

Concluded by asking me if I had any questions for them. I asked them 3. Global consulting practicum, a question about opportunities for spouses at ISB and about the CLIC (center for leadership, innovation and change).

Then I thanked them for their time and after shaking hands, left the room. Grabbed quick sandwich from CCD :) (hey, no lunch today cause of the timings)

I thought that the interview was very short, lasting only about 20 minutes. Initially I though that they had decided to ding me, but then I found out that they were interviewing everyone for about the same time. The whole environment was quite stress free (at least I felt that as I had prepared for almost every question that they asked me).

I can't say if it went well or not. Though I am not happy that they gave me only 20 minutes. But, I guess I'll find out in 10 days time.

Though I think that almost all interviews might be over for us GMATclubbers for this year, I am still posting this in the odd chance that it might help someone. All the best in case someone is still interviewing. :gl
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 1186
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Once this day ends, we are exactly 7 days away from the D-Day. Tension roaring in!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [3]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
akshaychaturvedi007 wrote:
Once this day ends, we are exactly 7 days away from the D-Day. Tension roaring in!

You talking about Valentine's day?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
Hope to get a gift on the 15th... ;)

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Finished my interview a couple of hours ago at Mohali. No typical questions. All on work experience and essays. Kannan and an other female. Around 10 people interviewed today.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
vjcfc wrote:
Finished my interview a couple of hours ago at Mohali. No typical questions. All on work experience and essays. Kannan and an other female. Around 10 people interviewed today.

How long did it last for you? And how long were the other candidates interviewed? No questions on business case scenario or guesstimate/ puzzle etc?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
vjcfc wrote:

How long did it last for you? And how long were the other candidates interviewed? No questions on business case scenario or guesstimate/ puzzle etc?

15 minutes dot. I was second in line, first one was around 20 mins. And no questions on case etc. Just what's on your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
The lull before the storm.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
People who had interviews, please update with questions. Especially the short mohali version... Would help for 2016 applicants.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Got the email for rejection... :(

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]